Microsoft Internal Roadmap Points to Breakout Year for 1st Party and Game Pass

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Microsoft is a household name now and not because of computers.

If Xbox wasn't around MS would stilly be just a big "faceless" company to most and something the use for emails at work.

Those are the type of things you continue to put money into, especially when there is so much potential upside.
:russ:Yeah because windows isnt a thing that’s on everyone’s computer . Ms has always been a household name with a loser ass Xbox division.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I said "PC gaming of course" as a given that's what it would be used for in addition to everything else :dahell: . Yes I do that stuff in my personal life completely separate from work. You're acting as if a computer is ONLY a device for work functions.
You may not do them “At work” or for your main job.

But they are common things people do for commercial purposes.

Nobody sitting up programming and editing pictures on a PC for fun.

Presumably your goal is to make money on those things.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man y'all talking out the side of your mouth right now but I can guarantee you when the PlayStation one was around and the Sega Saturn was around when Nintendo was around y'all was not talking about Microsoft monthly let alone weekly or everyday like you are now.

And that's arguably whenMicrosoft was in its prime.

I didn't even have a computer until 2002. And only 1 person in my family did.

But I'll let y'all tell it

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
You may not do them “At work” or for your main job.

But they are common things people do for commercial purposes.

Nobody sitting up programming and editing pictures on a PC for fun.

Presumably your goal is to make money on those things.
You're trying to move goal posts. People write code or so digital art just for the sake of enjoyment. There's more hobbies out there than jacking off, gaming, or watching some dudes play with a ball for a few hours.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
That $300 mill isn’t allocated to one game. It’s for all games placed on GP including the cuts that non-MS games get for placing their games on GP, development of other big budget games, advertisement, etc…

Plus they are spending $80+ billion on Zenni and ActiBlizz. Hell even at a sustained $300 mill/month from GP thats over 22 years to break even.

In many ways I hope they get ActiBlizz, and pull immediately from PS just so that their “profitability” hits even harder.

It doesn't matter if it's allocated to one game. You have to remember that DLC and games itself can be purchase. The goal is to attain over 50 million and higher subscribers where you are reeling in billions of dollars a month similar to Office 365/Apple Cloud shyt etc....

Sony makes 200 million off Call of Duty in a year. Microsoft can gain that in just subscribers in a month. You see why Sony is scared the death because this and it will change the fukking industry

Microsoft will already be making 300 Billy a month just from their cloud services alone. Getting third party games is nothing because you are paying upfront fee to gain subscribers to your services. Pay now and benefit later which so far is working as they have 25 million subscribers.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You're trying to move goal posts. People write code or so digital art just for the sake of enjoyment. There's more hobbies out there than jacking off, gaming, or watching some dudes play with a ball for a few hours.
I’m not trying to move anything.

I said most people are not using a PC unless it’s for work stuff or gaming.

This community of people writing code for fun definitely isn’t “most people” Stop it. :stopitslime:

You are grasping at straws cause you know my original sentiment is facts.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I’m not trying to move anything.

I said most people are not using a PC unless it’s for work stuff or gaming.

This community of people writing code for fun definitely isn’t “most people” Stop it. :stopitslime:

You are grasping at straws cause you know my original sentiment is facts.

you said the everyday consumer doesn't use windows any more. If you have a pc you are using windows unless you are some power user installing a diff OS, or use a mac. And even if people just use pcs for work or gaming thats still hundreds of millions of people who use windows.

It was a weird ass talking point you cooked up now you trying to double down on it instead of just admitting it was goofy.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Microsoft is a household name now and not because of computers.

giphy.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
you said the everyday consumer doesn't use windows any more. If you have a pc you are using windows unless you are some power user installing a diff OS, or use a mac. And even if people just use pcs for work or gaming thats still hundreds of millions of people who use windows.
Most people don’t use PCs at home anymore. They use phones, tablets, smart tvs, firestick, apple tv, consoles, etc to do the things they used to use a PC for.

and the bolded is not true Chrome Book has taken a significant part of the market as of late.

It was a weird ass talking point you cooked up now you trying to double down on it instead of just admitting it was goofy.
I posted actual numbers showing home PC use decline. shyts been in decline for over a decade now.

I’m not making it up.

What are you posting from?