Microsoft Has Purchased ZeniMax Media, Parent to Bethesda Softworks and More

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean, I would wager that the number of gamers that are Xbox + PC outnumber the PS only gamers. So most of us are seeing this as either an upgrade or a side grade. Its crazy though the gaming discussions across the internet are going fukking nuts right now.

2 weeks ago it was "Xbox has no exclusives and they need some if they want to be competitive". Now Xbox grabs what would be some of the most important exclusives every gen and the energy is all different. I think this console wars shyt is corny and people be saying shyt just to say it.
That's irrelevant, the energy from certain cats was all "exclusives aren't everything, multiplats>>>" and now when a multiplat studio is acquired it's suddenly pro consumer? Huh? You're right about people saying shyt to be saying it tho. Lots of cats in here celebrating who just a few days ago were all "tired" of the console war nonsense.

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Man this is BIG. Not even on an exclusivity perspective, but for a game pass perspective as well.

Now they can drop the new Oblivion, Fallout, Doom, etc. on game pass day 1, a huge selling point for many people.

And it's not like Xbox is losing money on this, they have 15 million game pass subscribers and counting. With the tiered pricing (with room to increase prices btw), they'll be making like a billion a year on game pass alone. This deal will pay for itself by the end of the generation off Game Pass alone

I'm loving the console war right now!

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
That's irrelevant, the energy from certain cats was all "exclusives aren't everything, multiplats>>>" and now when a multiplat studio is acquired it's suddenly pro consumer? Huh? You're right about people saying shyt to be saying it tho. Lots of cats in here celebrating who just a few days ago were all "tired" of the console war nonsense.

065.gif

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Who though?

There are like 5 hardcore xbox stan's that have been championing xbox and what microsoft is doing for years. Now that they have legit W's that sony stan's can't "narrative" away I'm surprised you haven't heard more, truthfully me, @O.T.I.S. and @MeachTheMonster have probably made the most noise and even that has been pretty "humble" all things considered.

As far as exclusive's they aren't the end all be all when it comes to gaming across the board. Your average gamer couldn't care less about microsoft buying the fallout and doom people. They want to play with there sports and shooters with there friends on the best system they can afford.

Microsoft has that market on lock, the only way to increase that is to get some exclusives. Sony stan's are the ones that over and over "If microsoft had exclusives I'd.." well here you go, and this isn't the end of the road. Acquiring Bethesda is huge and MS is literally the only company that could pull that off.

I think it just put into perspective for sony stans that all that #1 selling console stuff is great, but when it comes down to it microsoft is THE power player even though they don't flex there muscle much. They just need "That" solid Japanese company on board as a 1st party and then the game really gets interesting.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
All these studios that just got acquired will be making multiplats via Game Pass breh. What are you talking about?

And yes. Multiplats still mean more for a platform unless you are Nintendo.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Where have you seen anyone now say “exclusives are everything”? No one is making this about “exclusives” but you sad Sony stans cause that’s the argument y’all been running on for years.

The excitement I’ve seen about this is the fact that the games will be on Gamepass and get proper funding. And also obsidian maybe getting back with fallout.

Nobody is running around saying PlayStation is trash cause Xbox got more exclusives........:mjpls:
That’s what y’all do:mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All these studios that just got acquired will be making multiplats via Game Pass breh. What are you talking about?

And yes. Multiplats still mean more for a platform unless you are Nintendo.
People are saying they are not going to be doing so. If they don't then my point stands.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's going to be awhile before you see completely exclusive games from them, most you'll see on PS5, Why would you not put a game on GP, then release it on another system later on to get those that refuse to pick up another console or just get gamepass?

It might be a year or 2 exclusivity but that's enough so that people feel good about "having exclusives" and you stick to your overall vision of everyone being able to play

But I'm sure that's still being ironed out.

Last edited: