Microsoft Has Purchased ZeniMax Media, Parent to Bethesda Softworks and More

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I feel that ppl who stan, then talk about other places. Why do I care what happens in Japan :dahell: and if japanese ppl want to pass on sega because it's in Xbox? That's good for them. Or they can play it on PC I guess. Sega isn't making untold fortunes on PlayStation so they'll be ok if paid enough...

finish your first sentence. you looked like you were trying to say something.with sega being a japanese company you would think you would be informed on the xboxs appeal in japan, especially if you think sega being bought out wouldnt fukk them up in japan. sega may not be making untold fortunes on sony consoles, but its much better than on the xbox

Hot Red Buns

Life's too short, little baby fall through
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I ain’t mad either way. Sony need a fire lit under they ass and competition is good for gamers. It’s DOPE that they getting dope shyt. No one should be mad at this honestly. Unless u don’t own an Xbox or windows platform. Even if I don’t get an Xbox I have my PC so I’m good on the games regardless. MS played chess right here. Announced this RIGHT before preorder. And with the uncertainty with PS5 availability and that botched preorder situation. This will def help MS.
The PS5 preorder was definitely botched. I don't think either of them are gonna have any super exciting games at launch. MS badly needed this deal though IMO, you're right the competition is good for the industry

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I say this only to say that I knew that days like this would come. Very few companies get to operate in the space like Microsoft. I just want to give you all some context here and this tweet points at that.

Ultimately, much like Nintendo, people buy PlayStations for their games. Sony shouldn’t even look to try and operate on the same scale, all they need to do is continue investing on their first party portfolio.

This acquisition is a power move no doubt, and will reap fruits for Xbox Gamepass strategy, but a third of that $7.5B would be enough to invest in new studios and IP’s and that’s how Sony should move

:yeshrug:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Good for Microsoft, not really worried though. These games only sell well on ps5 so they know where the profit is. Xbox users rather play Forza

This is not true. Playstation has always had gimped versions of Fallout/Elder Scrolls. Skyrim had the game breaking bloated save bug on PS3 & and Fallout/Skyrim remastered not only didn’t get console mods until years later, they were severely limited because Sony wouldn’t allow them to run scripts. I owned both games on PS3/ps4 so I experienced both those issues firsthand. The whole reason I got an X1 this gen after my PS4 was because I was tired of the lesser experience with bethesda games specifically :skip:

Xbox is the true console home for Fallout & Elder Scrolls:wow:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
This mans on NBC this is such a big deal

:wow:

This ain't like the other acquisitions. This is market shifting

I've said the following this month

With Microsoft, yes, it always comes back to the money but they've gotten their heads out of their own ass, Satya Nadella isn't Steve Ballmer and they've pushed their chips in to go all in. I truly believe that we are now in the beginning stages of the long battle of attrition. Google Stadia will be the first casualty.

Tomorrow is going to be a historic day for gaming. One that will mark the death of Google Stadia among other things.

Microsoft's moves are predicable in what they will do, not necessarily who they buy. Microsoft needs content. They have it now. The XSX will likely be the greatest console I've ever owned.

Even the GAWD is commenting on this.

I thought Microsoft buying Rare or Minecraft was huge. This is more than that. This is the biggest singular piece of gaming news I've ever seen in my life. That is 100% no hyperbole. Square going exclusive for the PSX was huge but there was always the chance of Final Fantasy on future Nintendo consoles. This is different. Microsoft, quality aside, has the deepest stable of gaming franchises of all publishers now, of everyone now when it comes to IP.

Danktoker94

The Dude
Supporter
Daps
it would be something if it wasnt coming out of the ps4 same time, but going exclusive on the xbox? thats shooting themselves in the foot in japan. even with whatever deals they have pso2 doesnt have a xbox release in japan
And we care about japan why?

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
This is a huge coup for Microsoft. Well done.

It’s Still PC (game pass) + PS5 though.

Downside:

It may be a wrap for TES 6 being any good. Please don’t let Microsoft’s influence turn this single player experience into a ‘games as a service’ mess. fukk! We are probably going to Hammerfell too.

Alternatively, this could be better for TES 6 because I don’t trust Bethesda either.

Bring Kirkbride back, I want this shyt to get weird lol. Especially for hammerfell.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
bytch show me where in this thread i said they have no games. I mentioned their lackluster management of their AAA games. By your logic i shouldn't talk about the Rockets because Im Lakers fan when they are in the playoffs. Check you fallacies dumbass.

Halo 4: Terrible execution of Multiplayer that had excellent combat mechanics and subpar story with a poor final boss fight.

Halo 5: Removal of split screen Co-Op. Req packs debacle

Gears 4: Loot crates that forced you to gamble for old characters. Bland characters and narrative.

Gears 5: Terrible story, Marcus’s character arc ruined. The whole iron mtx fiasco, classic characters paywalled for traits. Lack of substantial maps.

Sea of Theives: Bare bones launch

Halo Infinite: I dont even need to explain it.

Im not even going to touch on the whole no exclusives for 2-3 years. This console has been in development for at least the past 3-4 years and to not have any of your AAA titles ready to go, shows poor management and leadership. This is a gaming company with 20 years of console experience and gaming development experience counted in decades and you mean to tell me they have no product map for 1st party titles other buying them.

Show me a 1st party developer that has such diminished returns as Xbox since the launch of the Xbox One.
How many of those games you listed you’ve actually played? You naming these things when I can just as easily post things Sony has done as a whole company that is worse. Everything you have said is objective as fukk.

Hot Red Buns

Life's too short, little baby fall through
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This is not true. Playstation has always had gimped versions of Fallout/Elder Scrolls. Skyrim had the game breaking bloated save bug on PS3 & and Fallout/Skyrim remastered not only didn’t get console mods until years later, they were severely limited because Sony wouldn’t allow them to run scripts. I owned both games on PS3/ps4 so I experienced both those issues firsthand. The whole reason I got an X1 this gen after my PS4 was because I was tired of the lesser experience with bethesda games specifically :skip:

Xbox is the true console home for Fallout & Elder Scrolls:wow:

SAME I owned FO on both and Yup I remember Fallout on PS3 it was rage inducing and damn near unplayable half the time, it has always performed better on XBOX. I didn't bother getting ANY Bethesda games on PS this gen, with mods that actually worked on Xbox and them not being such a headache I stuck to MS.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
This is a huge coup for Microsoft. Well done.

It’s Still PC (game pass) + PS5 though.

Downside:

It may be a wrap for TES 6 being any good. Please don’t let Microsoft’s influence turn this single player experience into a ‘games as a service’ mess. fukk! We are probably going to Hammerfell too.

Alternatively, this could be better for TES 6 because I don’t trust Bethesda either.

Bring Kirkbride back, I want this shyt to get weird lol. Especially for hammerfell.

I feel like you're confusing M$ for EA. Outer Worlds just dropped and there wasn't any forced microtransactions or "games as a service" mess in it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh, I'm def a fukk SP games guy.

But, I'm also a "thank God, these goofy hating nikkas can start to shut the fukk up now" type of breh, as well. So, an acquisition like this?

Helps me enjoy these forums better.

GG.
Jokes on you if you think this is suddenly going to stop "goofy nikkas". There's always something else.