Microsoft Could Straight Up Buy Sony, By the Way

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Might as well put that popcorn away because when these dudes talk about sony’s monopolistic business practices, only things they can bring up is shyt Microsoft started first.

Paying for exclusive games, started by microsoft during the 360 era. Paying for timed exclusives, started by microsoft. Paying for exclusives DLC, started by microsoft.

When you bring up Sony's business practices during the psx, these nikkas know they don't have a leg to stand on, they'll bring up Sega like sega didn't do it to themselves. They'll bring up Nintendo like Nintendo didn't fukk themselves over with those expensive ass cartridges, draconian business practices, and expensive hardware.

@The Mad Titan acts like he wants to have that discussion, but he knows he's a damn lie

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Might as well put that popcorn away because when these dudes talk about sony’s monopolistic business practices, only things they can bring up is shyt Microsoft started first.

Paying for exclusive games, started by microsoft during the 360 era. Paying for timed exclusives, started by microsoft. Paying for exclusives DLC, started by microsoft.

When you bring up Sony's business practices during the psx, these nikkas know they don't have a leg to stand on, they'll bring up Sega like sega didn't do it to themselves. They'll bring up Nintendo like Nintendo didn't fukk themselves over with those expensive ass cartridges, draconian business practices, and expensive hardware.

@The Mad Titan acts like he wants to have that discussion, but he knows he's a damn lie

Yeah, i honestly feel like I’ve been saying this for years.

There is nothing on this god green earth xbox stans could ever say to justify what they’re doing right now. Its exactly why people didn’t originally want Microsoft in console gaming

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Yeah, i honestly feel like I’ve been saying this for years.

There is nothing on this god green earth xbox stans could ever say to justify what they’re doing right now.
Which is my entire point. Microsoft could buy every large publisher in the industry and they'd find nothing wrong with that.

If it ever came to a point where microsoft could potentially buy playstation, they'd be cheering like it's the best thing that's ever happened in the gaming industry. But they act like that's not really how they feel. They don't care about competition, it's all about dunks on a message board for them.

They'll act like tencent is the real badguy when Microsoft’s business practices aren't any better.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Which is my entire point. Microsoft could buy every large publisher in the industry and they'd find nothing wrong with that.

If it ever came to a point where microsoft could potentially buy playstation, they'd be cheering like it's the best thing that's ever happened in the gaming industry. But they act like that's not really how they feel. They don't care about competition, it's all about dunks on a message board for them.

They'll act like tencent is the real badguy when Microsoft’s business practices aren't any better.

I still see people say, “well what about spider-man, what about FF7 and FF16” like yall just gonna keep naming those 3 games indefinitely, like xbox hasn’t only gotten two final fantasy games at launch to begin with?

i could SORT of see the argument when they bought bethesda, yall got WRPGS, sony has JRPGS, its somewhat balanced but now that they bought activision people are still using the same 3 TIMED exclusives to make an argument.

You can’t be a genuine fan of gaming and stoop to that level of ignorance. :yeshrug:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I still see people say, “well what about spider-man, what about FF7 and FF16” like yall just gonna keep naming those 3 games indefinitely, like xbox hasn’t only gotten two final fantasy games at launch to begin with?

i could SORT of see the argument when they bought bethesda, yall got WRPGS, sony has JRPGS, its somewhat balanced but now that they bought activision people are still using the same 3 TIMED exclusives to make an argument.

You can’t be a genuine fan of gaming and stoop to that level of ignorance. :yeshrug:

That's not even a good point anyways when you consider all the third party exclusives and timed exclusive games this generation and last, like Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Tomb Raider, The Medium, Scorn, Stalker 2, Ark 2, Contraband, or all those indies that launch first on Game Pass,..... Or even the exclusive Kojima is making for Xbox that they were all excited for lmao.

Its all a bunch of bad faith arguments and fanboyism rooted in jealousy.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:coffee:

Aint no body about to sit here and break down a list for you, I've already said MS and Sony "monopolistic practices" are pretty much exactly the same. I'm not about to "explain my work" to you like I'm some kind of student. Especially when you clearly don't know your history or facts based on the post for any of the systems.

But this whole exclusive thing I'ma go ahead break down for not only you but @Gizmo_Duck and his underling @CoolinInTheCut plus the other sony stans because yall all keep repeating the same foolishness, but just this once.

Saying MS started exclusive games is nuts, when exclusive games started way way before then with the atarti, then with the Snes (which is where my knowledge really starts), and then the with PS and Saturn. This is where I really really start to remember exclusive games because battle arena toshinden, Resident evil and wipeout were you guessed it. PlayStation timed exclusives, everyone thought they were playstation exclusive games though...and there are many more..

Then probably the biggest get for playstation was GTA being a timed exclusive thanks to MS fumble, but still a timed exclusive non the less and a common practice by now. Then we move to the 360 era and now MS is basically doing what you all claim they "started":mjlol: They actually are locking in timed exclusive games and this time and dlc exclusive deals. Between Sony and MS there were a ton of exclusive deals and promos that's arguably part of the reason that generation was so memorable to everyone. It was when competition was the highest and consumers reaped the benefit.

But yall don't remember anything pass MS/DLC/exclusives as if the whole timed exclusives and locking games and people out hasn't been around since pretty much the dawn of gaming it was even a thing with Arcades... Anyway Nintendo and Sony are the two MAIN culprits of locking out competition. But yall have these rose colored glasses of them having quality games and that being the main reason for there success. And with nintendo that is somewhat true, but even more true is that both companies built there brands off the backs of 3rd party publishers and devs via exclusive games and content. While later on there 1st party titles started to blossom.. Again NOT so much nintendo as there 1st party titles have always been the main attraction, and even with that they locked out and locked up timed exclusives. Sony literally had nothing out the gate software wise, fortunately the playstation was the easiest to develop for out of the N64/saturn and even with that... guess what? They locked up exclusives

Now if you want to pivot this back to "monopolistic practices" that I can't list do this, make a list of practices that xbox has done, then copy/paste it for playstation.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
@5n0man still won’t answer why he thinks it’s ok for Sony to pay Bethesda to NOT put games on xbox, but it’s wrong for microsoft to buy Just buy Bethesda instead of negotiating against the clear market leader for content. :jbhmm:
I never said I had a problem with paying for timed exclusives, nor do I have a problem with Microsoft buying Bethesda.

My issue with Microsoft is that they aren’t gonna stop with Bethesda and Activision, they'll attempt to buy every large publisher available until they're in front of congress at risk of being broken up. I don't want Microsoft owning most of the gaming industry. I don't like the direction Microsoft wants the industry to go in, glorified mobile games developed with micro transactions in mind, Same business model as tencent.

I think the consolidation of the industry will be bad in the long term, that's why I'm also against Sony buying Square Enix. I know you don't care about consolidation as long as Microsoft is left holding the biggest piece of the pie, if it was Sony buying everything you'd understand where I'm coming from.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Court, Titan, Meach, and Leasy :mjlol:

giphy.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I never said I had a problem with paying for timed exclusives, nor do I have a problem with Microsoft buying Bethesda.

Wait, so buying a publisher is ok :dahell:
My issue with Microsoft is that they aren’t gonna stop with Bethesda and Activision, they'll attempt to buy every large publisher available until they're in front of congress at risk of being broken up. I don't want Microsoft owning most of the gaming industry. I don't like the direction Microsoft wants the industry to go in, glorified mobile games developed with micro transactions in mind, Same business model as tencent.
So…..#Shambles is your answer? You are afraid microsoft might take over:wow:
I think the consolidation of the industry will be bad in the long term, that's why I'm also against Sony buying Square Enix.
Wait now buying a publisher is wrong again:mindblown:

Make up your mind breh

I know you don't care about consolidation as long as Microsoft is left holding the biggest piece of the pie, if it was Sony buying everything you'd understand where I'm coming from.
“Consolidation” is just some boogeyman word people throw around without any context.

In the gaming world, the platform holders already dictate the terms, devs are already beholden to whatever the hell Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo tell them to do. Bungee “consolidating” into sony, only makes for a better user product. Activision “consolidating” with Microsoft only makes it so MORE people get access to their games, and more money goes to IP that wouldn’t otherwise get the consideration. Remember activision was kinda fukked at one point, selling to microsoft gave them a path to continue on with their franchises and even expand.

So, no I don’t give a fukk about “consolation especially when it means im gonna get more games at better prices and better terms.

Difference in Sony and microsoft buying up content right now is that Microsoft offers the much more consumer friendly terms for their games. If microsoft buys a dev/publisher i know i’m gonna get the games on gamepass for cheap, i’m gonna be able to play them on pretty much any platform imaginable, free cloud saves, free updates, etc.

Sony buys a dev/publisher it’s gonna be a $70 game that’s stuck on one platform, with paid upgrades, no cross saves, etc :scust:

So yeah if someone is gonna be buying up the industry, i’d prefer it be the one that can and does offer me the most with the content. But beyond that i don’t really care what sony buys. If they buy a game/dev/publisher i feel i really need access to i will buy a PS5. That’s how business works :manny:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Wait, so buying a publisher is ok :dahell:
My point was clear, if you didn't understand it that's your problem.

I wouldn't be making a big deal over it if Microsoft wasn't planning on going further. Buying publishers isn't good, but if it was just a one time thing it wouldn't be a problem. But that's not what they want, they're gonna try and buy everything available.
Difference in Sony and microsoft buying up content right now is that Microsoft offers the much more consumer friendly terms for their games. If microsoft buys a dev/publisher i know i’m gonna get the games on gamepass for cheap, i’m gonna be able to play them on pretty much any platform imaginable, free cloud saves, free updates, etc.
And this is where we disagree, you have no way of knowing for sure if Microsoft will continue with the same consumer friendly plan once they own most of the gaming industry. They could triple the price of gamepass and increase microtransactions in all their games and nobody would be able to do anything because there wouldn't be any other options if you wanted to keep playing the most popular games in the industry.

Microsoft isn't exactly known as some big consumer friendly business in any market, stan goggles have you thinking they'd never become the greedy corporation that they are once competition is eliminated. You think Microsoft’s business plan comes from the kindness of their hearts, in reality they do it because that's what they feel they have to do to compete, but if they no longer had to compete it would be a different story.

Last edited:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
:coffee:

Aint no body about to sit here and break down a list for you, I've already said MS and Sony "monopolistic practices" are pretty much exactly the same. I'm not about to "explain my work" to you like I'm some kind of student. Especially when you clearly don't know your history or facts based on the post for any of the systems.

But this whole exclusive thing I'ma go ahead break down for not only you but @Gizmo_Duck and his underling @CoolinInTheCut plus the other sony stans because yall all keep repeating the same foolishness, but just this once.

Saying MS started exclusive games is nuts, when exclusive games started way way before then with the atarti, then with the Snes (which is where my knowledge really starts), and then the with PS and Saturn. This is where I really really start to remember exclusive games because battle arena toshinden, Resident evil and wipeout were you guessed it. PlayStation timed exclusives, everyone thought they were playstation exclusive games though...and there are many more..

Then probably the biggest get for playstation was GTA being a timed exclusive thanks to MS fumble, but still a timed exclusive non the less and a common practice by now. Then we move to the 360 era and now MS is basically doing what you all claim they "started":mjlol: They actually are locking in timed exclusive games and this time and dlc exclusive deals. Between Sony and MS there were a ton of exclusive deals and promos that's arguably part of the reason that generation was so memorable to everyone. It was when competition was the highest and consumers reaped the benefit.

But yall don't remember anything pass MS/DLC/exclusives as if the whole timed exclusives and locking games and people out hasn't been around since pretty much the dawn of gaming it was even a thing with Arcades... Anyway Nintendo and Sony are the two MAIN culprits of locking out competition. But yall have these rose colored glasses of them having quality games and that being the main reason for there success. And with nintendo that is somewhat true, but even more true is that both companies built there brands off the backs of 3rd party publishers and devs via exclusive games and content. While later on there 1st party titles started to blossom.. Again NOT so much nintendo as there 1st party titles have always been the main attraction, and even with that they locked out and locked up timed exclusives. Sony literally had nothing out the gate software wise, fortunately the playstation was the easiest to develop for out of the N64/saturn and even with that... guess what? They locked up exclusives

Now if you want to pivot this back to "monopolistic practices" that I can't list do this, make a list of practices that xbox has done, then copy/paste it for playstation.

What an embarrassing post lmao.

You're still being disingenuous and wasting peoples time, you completely failed to respond to any point @5n0man made, and instead went on to write paragraphs out of emotion.

Like, @Meach would say, #shambles

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
My point was clear, if you didn't understand it that's your problem.

I wouldn't be making a big deal over it if Microsoft wasn't planning on going further. Buying publishers isn't good, but if it was just a one time thing it wouldn't be a problem. But that's not what they want, they're gonna try and buy everything available.
But you made up their “further plans” in your head.

They are gonna secure content for their platform like everyone else is.

Everything else is just fear you made up in your head cause you have some emotional issue with microsoft :huhldup:

And this is where we disagree, you have no way of knowing for sure if Microsoft will continue with the same consumer friendly plan once they own most of the gaming industry.
You have no way of knowing they won’t.

What I know is what is on offer RIGHT NOW.
They could triple the price of gamepass and increase microtransactions in all their games and nobody would be able to do anything because there wouldn't be any other options if you wanted to keep playing the most popular games in the industry.
Games are still sold traditionally outside of gamepass. If gamepass becomes no longer a good deal i and millions of people will simply unsubscribe.
Microsoft isn't exactly known as some big consumer friendly business in any market, stan goggles have you thinking they'd never become the greedy corporation that they are once competition is eliminated.
Everything with you is some random future boogeyman that might come take your candy cause “microsoft is bad”
If that ain’t some stan shyt i don’t know what to tell you :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i love how for years its “xbox coming for the crown” , “the xbox line up is killing sony”, “sony def ain’t moving 100m units they’re finished” to now its

“xbox needs bethesda and activision to compete :damn: