Microsoft Could Straight Up Buy Sony, By the Way

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Please learn how to actually read and respond to what is in front of you. You are trying to argue a point I never made.

You're just like @The Mad Titan. Read my post to him. Bungie is not a publisher like an Activision Blizzard or a ZeniMax. It's extremely dishonest to even make that claim. What market does Bungie own a large part of? GAAS? They're non-factors there as far as revenue. They're making more money than which publishers? They have a good toolset and experience in building those types of games, but they're not even on the level of a Sea Limited.

You're right about Titanfall. My bad on that.
:gucci:

Ok breh

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Please learn how to actually read and respond to what is in front of you. You are trying to argue a point I never made.

You're just like @The Mad Titan. Read my post to him. Bungie is not a publisher like an Activision Blizzard or a ZeniMax. It's extremely dishonest to even make that claim. What market does Bungie own a large part of? GAAS? They're non-factors there as far as revenue. They're making more money than which publishers? They have a good toolset and experience in building those types of games, but they're not even on the level of a Sea Limited.
Bungee calls themselves a publisher and they bring in something like 400mil a year.

Destiny is a beast. Very few publishers bringing in that type of money.

And it’s money that counts.

Ultimately your distinction between buying a publisher or a developer doesn’t matter.

If microsoft bought all the bethesda studios separately it would be no damn difference. Bungle makes about as much money as all of bethesda combined.

Again. Since forever platform holders have been spending BILLIONS on exclusive content.

Spliting hairs about exactly how that money is spent only serves for you to condone/condemn the practice depending on who’s doing it.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Bungee calls themselves a publisher and they bring in something like 400mil a year.

Destiny is a beast. Very few publishers bringing in that type of money.

And it’s money that counts.

Ultimately your distinction between buying a publisher or a developer doesn’t matter.

If microsoft bought all the bethesda studios separately it would be no damn difference. Bungle makes about as much money as all of bethesda combined.

Again. Since forever platform holders have been spending BILLIONS on exclusive content.

Spliting hairs about exactly how that money is spent only serves for you to condone/condemn the practice depending on who’s doing it.
You dudes love trying to redefine things to downplay Microsoft's actions. Bungie is not a publishing house. They don't own a large part of the market like you claimed. They're not even in the top 10. Even though $400m is an inaccurate number, it is also a pittance compared to the Publishers who actually own the market. Activison/Blizzard was the #7 publisher with 8.1B revenue for 2021, edging out even Nintendo. Bungie is nowhere near that. There is no comparison to be made. It's just a [bad] example you use to justify MS.

The distinction matters. It's just inconvenient for the narrative you want to spin.

MS didn't buy Bethesda separately, they bought ZeniMax, so there is no point is discussing something that's never happened.

No, platform holders have not been buying up publishing houses. This has never been seen before in this industry. You want to spin it simply as spending billions to downplay the impact it will have.

It's not splitting hairs. Again, that distinction is bad for your narrative, so you're going to keep insisting that it's all the same, when it isn't, because you're too caught up in stan wars. Buying publishers is bad no matter who does it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You dudes love trying to redefine things to downplay Microsoft's actions. Bungie is not a publishing house.

I’m not redefining anything. They call themselves a publisher.
They don't own a large part of the market like you claimed. They're not even in the top 10. Even though $400m is an inaccurate number, it is also a pittance compared to the Publishers who actually own the market. Activison/Blizzard was the #7 publisher with 8.1B revenue for 2021, edging out even Nintendo. Bungie is nowhere near that. There is no comparison to be made. It's just a [bad] example you use to justify MS.
Other than the Platform holders. There’s very few games publishers making as much as Bungie. That’s a fact.

They make about as much as bethesda.
The distinction matters. It's just inconvenient for the narrative you want to spin.

MS didn't buy Bethesda separately, they bought ZeniMax, so there is no point is discussing something that's never happened.
No, it doesn’t matter. If your problem is “consolidation” then it doesn’t matter if it’s the Game, the dev, or the publisher getting acquired, the result is consolidation.

No, platform holders have not been buying up publishing houses. This has never been seen before in this industry. You want to spin it simply as spending billions to downplay the impact it will have.
Again you have a very recent example of sony buying a publisher. You have all types of very rich companies throwing lots of money around.

The distinction of a “platform holder, buying a publisher” is just semantics.

If a larger company swallows up a smaller company it’s consolidation.
It's not splitting hairs. Again, that distinction is bad for your narrative, so you're going to keep insisting that it's all the same, when it isn't, because you're too caught up in stan wars. Buying publishers is bad no matter who does it.
It is splitting hairs.

If microsoft bought only half of Activision/blizzard studios. Would that be any different??

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Other than the Platform holders. There’s very few games publishers making as much as Bungie. That’s a fact.

No, it doesn’t matter. If your problem is “consolidation” then it doesn’t matter if it’s the Game, the dev, or the publisher getting acquired, the result is consolidation.

Again you have a very recent example of sony buying a publisher. You have all types of very rich companies throwing lots of money around.

It is splitting hairs.

If microsoft bought only half of Activision/blizzard studios. Would that be any different??
You better than me, trying to educate these dudes.

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit

It is splitting hairs.

They are a developer who self-publishers their own games. They are not like Activision. They are not like ZeniMax. You know this.

No, that is not a fact. You can't keep claiming facts without supporting them. And while you're at it, post a link to Bungie's revenue numbers and the numbers for the publishers you keep referencing.

Bethesda is ZeniMax. Trying to part them out to squeeze out some equivalence doesn't work. They're not the same.

The rest of your post is you doubling down on your wrongheaded myopic fanboy views. You can scream out that bullshyt til you're blue in the face and it still won't be true. Nobody else has done this.

You better than me, trying to educate these dudes.
You're both delusional. :mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They are a developer who self-publishers their own games. They are not like Activision. They are not like ZeniMax. You know this.

No, that is not a fact. You can't keep claiming facts without supporting them. And while you're at it, post a link to Bungie's revenue numbers and the numbers for the publishers you keep referencing.

Bethesda is ZeniMax. Trying to part them out to squeeze out some equivalence doesn't work. They're not the same.

The rest of your post is you doubling down on your wrongheaded myopic fanboy views. You can scream out that bullshyt til you're blue in the face and it still won't be true. Nobody else has done this.

What do you actually have a problem with?

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What do you actually have a problem with?
Go back to page 9 and read those two posts. I know you don't want to believe it, but I would be against this if it was Sony buying Activision too. I don't like this kind of consolidation. I don't like the idea of a few huge companies owning everything, taking away our ownership, and then renting it back to us.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They are a publisher. In fact a stipulation of the sony deal was that they will remain their own publisher and free to publish whatever the hell they want.

Zeninmax is not “like” Activision. They all have very different business plans, but they all are publishers.

I never said any different.

Hey man, either you are against consolidation or you aren’t.

This splitting hairs over which kind of consolidation is good and which is bad only gives you a chance to pick and chose which companies to be “concerned” about.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Go back to page 9 and read those two posts. I know you don't want to believe it, but I would be against this if it was Sony buying Activision too. I don't like this kind of consolidation. I don't like the idea of a few huge companies owning everything, taking away our ownership, and then renting it back to us.
You can buy everything on gamepass though. I literally just bought a game a few days ago on gamepass

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don't like the idea of a few huge companies owning everything, taking away our ownership, and then renting it back to us.
It’s always some random distant boogeyman with y’all.

This is just in your head. There’s nothing to indicate that this is happening or will happen.

Total gaming revenue is like 160b yearly. Activisions 6b is nothing. There’s more than enough money to go around to keep competition going.

In fact Microsoft throwing a bit of money around has only helped competion as of late and has severed to improve terms for consumers overall.

So at this point your “problem” is unfounded and just some doomsday shyt you got in your mind :manny:

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
They are a publisher. In fact a stipulation of the sony deal was that they will remain their own publisher and free to publish whatever the hell they want.

Zeninmax is not “like” Activision. They all have very different business plans, but they all are publishers.

I never said any different.

Hey man, either you are against consolidation or you aren’t.

This splitting hairs over which kind of consolidation is good and which is bad only gives you a chance to pick and chose which companies to be “concerned” about.

A self-publisher who publishes their own titles. They're not a parent company (publishing house) with several independent developers under their umbrella like an Activision or ZeniMax. There is no comparison to be made there.

You posted an old estimate from 2019 when they were still under Activision. And it wasn't the $400m you claimed. Here's something recent and from when they were purchased:

And just to compare and contrast, EA bought Respawn about three or four years ago for $700 million with 400 developers. And those guys generate $700 million a year in revenue. Bungie does about $200 million in revenue.

2catzzy.jpg

This is the top 10 revenue generators in the industry. Bungie is not one of them. They don't own a large part of the market. There is no comparison.

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You can buy everything on gamepass though. I literally just bought a game a few days ago on gamepass
I don't like streaming. I don't like digital. And I don't like subscriptions. I'm never supporting any of that.

It’s always some random distant boogeyman with y’all.

This is just in your head. There’s nothing to indicate that this is happening or will happen.

Total gaming revenue is like 160b yearly. Activisions 6b is nothing. There’s more than enough money to go around to keep competition going.

In fact Microsoft throwing a bit of money around has only helped competion as of late and has severed to improve terms for consumers overall.

So at this point your “problem” is unfounded and just some doomsday shyt you got in your mind :manny:
This isn't something random or distant. We saw that shyt with the Xbox one, before they backtracked. They changed it and normalized that shyt by calling it GP. That's the current reality. You just see things through green-tinted glasses so :yeshrug:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
A self-publisher who publishes their own titles. They're not a parent company (publishing house) with several independent developers under their umbrella like an Activision or ZeniMax. There is no comparison to be made there.
Now we splitting hairs over the type of publisher. :wow:

Bungie is currently expanding to multiple teams and multiple games. Again that’s the point of the deal with Sony.

You posted an old estimate from 2019 when they were still under Activision. And it wasn't the $400m you claimed. Here's something recent and from when they were purchased:

2catzzy.jpg

This is the top 10 revenue generators in the industry. Bungie is not one of them. They don't own a large part of the market. There is no comparison.
This list has platfrom holders that do more than just publish games. They have stores of their own and other investments in gaming where they bring in lots of money.

If you remove them, and just go with publishers revenue from selling games Bungie/Destiny is easily one of the top publishers.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don't like streaming. I don't like digital. And I don't like subscriptions. I'm never supporting any of that.

This isn't something random or distant. We saw that shyt with the Xbox one, before they backtracked. They changed it and normalized that shyt by calling it GP. That's the current reality. You just see things through green-tinted glasses so :yeshrug:
Gamepass is an option. You can still buy games to your hearts content.

As for your disdain for digital it might be time to hang up your sticks. PS6 will not have a disc drive. And that ain’t got nothing to do with microsoft buying activision :manny: