Microsoft Could Straight Up Buy Sony, By the Way

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Why is Tencent, Google, Amazon etc. (mufukkas that don't have consoles on the market and won't wall off games) the boogeyman to these Xbox stans? :jbhmm:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why is Tencent, Google, Amazon etc. (mufukkas that don't have consoles on the market and won't wall off games) the boogeyman to these Xbox stans? :jbhmm:
You answered your own question.

They don't have consoles on the market aka they haven't really shown any kind of loyalty or dedication to gaming. Your favorite IPs and more could easily get stuck in limbo

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You answered your own question.

They don't have consoles on the market aka they haven't really shown any kind of loyalty or dedication to gaming. Your favorite IPs and more could easily get stuck in limbo

That could happen with Microsoft also. You dont know whos taking over after phil Spencer, they could have a totally different idea of what to do with these big publishers. Thats why sony wants these things in writing from them.

Microsoft is a dangerous company to let off a leash. They’ve been in gaming for 20 years and haven’t built any notable franchises outside the 3. It’s so bad for them look what they are doing now, they have never been dedicated to building a real competitive gaming platform.

Even now we all know the true purpose of the expansion is for azure and other microsoft venture

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
We've never tried to have any type of conversation.

Saying Sony is ahead because of innovation with a straight face is all anyone needs to read to see the hypocrisy. The only one of the big 3 that is really up strictly because of the gaming aspect of there company is Nintendo.

Sony monopolistic practices that you feel like are "Leveraging money and resources gained in other industries to influence another industry" happen with the ps1. I'm sure Sony didn't use ANY of it's resources from any other era of there company to support the ps1 conception and development.:stopitslime:

I also never said Sony is a monopoly, but the Sony PlayStation does have as close to a monopoly on gaming as you can get. If we are being 100 none of the big 3 in the console gaming sector has a true monopoly, it's all one big oligoploy

Now if you are arguing that MS as a whole ia a monopoly :manny: that's pretty much fact. But when it comes to the Xbox. No there aren't any they aren't even remotely close to it.

Just like with Sony, they aren't a monopoly, but when it comes to the gaming sector... :francis: there can be a strong case made as to why they are in that area rather as to why they aren't.

Again by your own explanation of what monopolistic acts are, Sony is where they are now because of it and if you feel like they aren't a Monopoly in gaming then you shouldn't be worried about MS either.
Lies

Yall are the ones who brought up Sony using CDs, a medium Sony helped develop, to gain momentum in the gaming industry. Sony is only where they are now because they developed hardware that attracted 3rd party developers because of the ease of developing games. They didn't get ahead by throwing money around to eliminate competition.

The ps1 was develop with the intent of being a Nintendo console, they didn't get a lead by throwing money around, they got ahead using innovative hardware that led to cheaper games development with a console that was cheaper than competitors. They weren't buying publishers to develop games exclusive to the psx.

When microsoft was dominating with the 360, sony looked inward and invested in studios they had a close relationship with to develop high quality exclusive games, they weren't buying publishers for exclusive content.

And what I've posted about monopolies aren't my explanations, they are ripped straight from government sources.

Last edited:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Exactly. 20 years in the game and they are just now starting to invest in gaming, but tencent is the bad guy llol

Lets give tencent 20 years in gaming to get their act together like microsoft i guess
and MS is the worst because they want everything on their subscription service while playing the good guy talmbout games everywhere for everyone
Oh you just need Gamepass doe

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lies

Yall are the ones who brought up Sony using CDs, a medium Sony helped develop, to gain momentum in the gaming industry. Sony is only where they are now because they developed hardware that attracted 3rd party developers because of the ease of developing games. They didn't get ahead by throwing money around to eliminate competition.

The ps1 was develop with the intent of being a Nintendo console, they didn't get a lead by throwing money around, they got ahead using innovative hardware that led to cheaper games development with a console that was cheaper than competitors. They weren't buying publishers to develop games exclusive to the psx.

When microsoft dominating with the 360, sony looked inward and invested in studios they had a close relationship with to develop high quality exclusive games, they weren't buying publishers for exclusive content.

And what I've posted about monopolies aren't my explanations, they are ripped straight from government sources.
So you just not gonna apply the definition of monopolistic behavior to Sony

:aicmon:

Got ya

And yes Sony does just that ( throw money around) to get ahead and stay ahead and it's documented in court...

Maybe you aren't a Sony stan, but your mad bias:manny:

They clearly leveraged money and resources from other industries and put it into the PlayStation, how they executed it really doesn't change the fact that they did.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. 20 years in the game and they are just now starting to invest in gaming, but tencent is the bad guy llol

Lets give tencent 20 years in gaming to get their act together like microsoft i guess

So they have a 20 year track record as well as consoles with both W's and L's.

If I had to bet on one sticking around long long term as far as gaming goes it wouldn't be tencent

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let's do that then.

Name all the monopolistic business practices by Sony in the gaming industry. We can have a discussion about it
:aicmon: I'm not about to do this dance with you.

Sony and Ms "monopolistic" practices have pretty much been the same. With Sonys being more egregious based on what we actually know as facts especially in current times.

The problem is there are no rules, Sony (current) has been doing what they can to hault the growth of Xbox while keep the lead with there money and influence.

Xbox is now using it's money to blow past that road block and ps doesn't like nor can it really compete in a long term war of attrition.

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
:aicmon: I'm not about to do this dance with you.

Sony and Ms "monopolistic" practices have pretty much been the same. With Sonys being more egregious based on what we actually know as facts especially in current times.

The problem is there are no rules, Sony (current) has been doing what they can to hault the growth of Xbox while keep the lead with there money and influence.

Xbox is now using it's money to blow past that road block and ps doesn't like nor can it really compete in a long term war of attrition.
Let's be specific

What monopolistic business practices are you talking about.

You said I'm not trying to acknowledge Sony's monopolistic business practices, but when I'm offering you a discussion on just that, you backtrack, acting like im the one not serious about that discussion.

Don't be a bytch, let's talk about it, set Microsoft aside, lets talk exclusively about sony.