Microsoft Could Straight Up Buy Sony, By the Way

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s

I didn’t even say this.

Again respond to what i actually said, not your own fears.

Never said i was against sony buying anything. In fact i said their acquisitions have been positive as well.

I simply said since EVERYONE is buying up shyt, if i had to chose i’d pick the one giving me better terms. That’s not even a controversial statement. As a consumer that’s what we all should want right?
Exactly, the industry was going this route regardless. So far the only corporation that has provided me with the best deals as well as access to not only older games but ways to play is MS. Therefore I choose them as my preferred platform and preferred company to acquire others.

Whenever they start doing some BS then that'll change but for now it is what it is.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
See @5n0man it was inevitable according to xbox stans. Phil is simply saving us from the communist CCP :ehh:
Pointless even arguing with them

Meach will say this

Difference in Sony and microsoft buying up content right now is that Microsoft offers the much more consumer friendly terms for their games. If microsoft buys a dev/publisher i know i’m gonna get the games on gamepass for cheap, i’m gonna be able to play them on pretty much any platform imaginable, free cloud saves, free updates, etc.

Sony buys a dev/publisher it’s gonna be a $70 game that’s stuck on one platform, with paid upgrades, no cross saves, etc :scust:

So yeah if someone is gonna be buying up the industry, i’d prefer it be the one that can and does offer me the most with the content.

Then deny that he thinks microsoft buying everything would be good but Sony buying everything would be bad for the industry.

Still claiming that I look at everything Sony does as innovative when I'm against Sony buying publishers.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Talk about disingenuous, my last post to you quotes you saying Microsoft started the whole time paid exclusive and time exclusive wave. Which you've already said is part of that anti-competitive and monopolistic business practice. I go on to give you a quick rundown of how it started and now you pivot back to oh this was a business standard before Sony ever dropped a console as if that matters. It's still the behavior you supposedly hate.

My whole point was that Sony aka the PlayStation has a monopoly in the gaming industry it behaves like one and has displayed far worse monopolistic behavior second only to that of Nintendo. The difference is
Nintendo no longer really behave like that whereas PlayStation does and has double down on it. So being upset at MS because they are playing the same game but with more chips is mad hypocritical.

The thing is y'all really don't care about monopolistic behavior as long as it falls in line with what you're okay with.

And that's fair, just say that. Me and @MeachTheMonster have said as much when it comes to MS currently. And his last post hits the nail on the head about consolidation.
I didn't say timed exclusives was monopolistic, I brought it up because that's always yall go to argument for why Microsoft should be allowed to buy up the industry. Yall will bring up shyt like GTA being timed exclusive on the ps2 and ignore that sony only got that deal because Microsoft turned it down, every company engaged in those deals but yall pretend like Sony exclusively engaged in it to defend microsoft buying up the industry, acting like those are the same thing.

I've offered a discussion on all the monopolistic practices from Sony, you turned it down because you know you're being disingenuous.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Pointless even arguing with them

Meach will say this

Then deny that he thinks microsoft buying everything would be good but Sony buying everything would be bad for the industry.
Where does it say sony buying everything would be “bad”

You can’t just make shyt up to argue with :mjlol:

Still claiming that I look at everything Sony does as innovative when I'm against Sony buying publishers.
You don’t know what the fukk you are saying.

You said it was ok for microsoft to buy a publisher in Bethesda
then you say it’s wrong for Sony to buy a publisher in square.

Make it make sense.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn't say timed exclusives was monopolistic, I brought it up because that's always yall go to argument for why Microsoft should be allowed to buy up the industry. Yall will bring up shyt like GTA being timed exclusive on the ps2 and ignore that sony only got that deal because Microsoft turned it down, every company engaged in those deals but yall pretend like Sony exclusively engaged in it to defend microsoft buying up the industry, acting like those are the same thing.

I've offered a discussion on all the monopolistic practices from Sony, you turned it down because you know you're being disingenuous.
:martin: stop saying y'all because no one knows who y'all is. I literally mentioned GTA being a MS fumble, that doesn't invalidate what had been going on before and till this day.

You don't want to discuss what monopolistic practices Sony displays. You wanted them laid out for you so you can attempt to shoot down why each one isn't.

If you want to discuss it, post about it and we can talk about it. In the meantime :manny:

You don't like MS buying up big publishers companies, again that fine. But buying big or small studios should be off the table for you completely by Sony, Nintendo and MS because in the end it all leads to consolidation.

I don't care about studios getting bought up big or small from Nintendo/Sony/MS. I worry about those that dedicated to the gaming space buying up companies but not those in it.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We've never tried to have any type of conversation.

Saying Sony is ahead because of innovation with a straight face is all anyone needs to read to see the hypocrisy. The only one of the big 3 that is really up strictly because of the gaming aspect of there company is Nintendo.

Sony monopolistic practices that you feel like are "Leveraging money and resources gained in other industries to influence another industry" happen with the ps1. I'm sure Sony didn't use ANY of it's resources from any other era of there company to support the ps1 conception and development.:stopitslime:

I also never said Sony is a monopoly, but the Sony PlayStation does have as close to a monopoly on gaming as you can get. If we are being 100 none of the big 3 in the console gaming sector has a true monopoly, it's all one big oligoploy

Now if you are arguing that MS as a whole ia a monopoly :manny: that's pretty much fact. But when it comes to the Xbox. No there aren't any they aren't even remotely close to it.

Just like with Sony, they aren't a monopoly, but when it comes to the gaming sector... :francis: there can be a strong case made as to why they are in that area rather as to why they aren't.

Again by your own explanation of what monopolistic acts are, Sony is where they are now because of it and if you feel like they aren't a Monopoly in gaming then you shouldn't be worried about MS either.

When Sony buys exclusivity or abuses their position in the market to secure titles and keep them on their machine only permanently or for a set amount of time(cementing their lead and bolstering their library) is somehow NOT anti-consumer but when their one significant competitor not only introduces new superior features and services but utilizes their significant war chest to do the same thing it's "bad".

Some people on here are really dishonest when it comes to whether or not they actually care about game publishers and platform holders being ethical.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
When Sony buys exclusivity or abuses their position in the market to secure titles and keep them on their machine only permanently or for a set amount of time(cementing their lead and bolstering their library) is somehow NOT anti-consumer but when their one significant competitor not only introduces new superior features and services but utilizes their significant war chest to do the same thing it's "bad".

Some people on here are really dishonest when it comes to whether or not they actually care about game publishers and platform holders being ethical.
You? MS engaged in all of those practices. Hell, they even introduced some of them like paying for marketing to secure exclusive benefits for their version of the game. I don't know why some of you like to ignore that a lot of this shyt started during the 360 generation. The biggest one at the time was the GTA4 expansions. It continued throughout that generation and into the next up until the xbox one bombed, but they still got deals early that locked out games like Titanfall from releasing on the superior system. This isn't a situation where one is only playing catch up or just doing the same thing, because they have *been* doing this. And now they're buying out whole publishing houses, which is something no one else is doing.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You? MS engaged in all of those practices. Hell, they even introduced some of them like paying for marketing to secure exclusive benefits for their version of the game.
This isn’t true. This was being done before microsoft even made the first xbox.

I don't know why some of you like to ignore that a lot of this shyt started during the 360 generation.
No, it didn’t. It started well before that
The biggest one at the time was the GTA4 expansions. It continued throughout that generation and into the next up until the xbox one bombed, but they still got deals early that locked out games like Titanfall from releasing on the superior system.
Titan fall was funded by microsoft. It would not have existed without the deal with microsoft. This is not the same as sony paying square to NOT put FF7R on xbox.
This isn't a situation where one is only playing catch up or just doing the same thing, because they have *been* doing this. And now they're buying out whole publishing houses, which is something no one else is doing.
Since the beginning platforms have done whatever they could to bring in exclusive content. It’s no different now. Sony Just purchased a publisher as well.

This is only bothering some of you cause it’s Microsoft with the big pockets and motivation this time around :manny:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You? MS engaged in all of those practices. Hell, they even introduced some of them like paying for marketing to secure exclusive benefits for their version of the game. I don't know why some of you like to ignore that a lot of this shyt started during the 360 generation. The biggest one at the time was the GTA4 expansions. It continued throughout that generation and into the next up until the xbox one bombed, but they still got deals early that locked out games like Titanfall from releasing on the superior system. This isn't a situation where one is only playing catch up or just doing the same thing, because they have *been* doing this. And now they're buying out whole publishing houses, which is something no one else is doing.
:snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop:

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This isn’t true. This was being done before microsoft even made the first xbox.

No, it didn’t. It started well before that

Titan fall was funded by microsoft. It would not have existed without the deal with microsoft. This is not the same as sony paying square to NOT put FF7R on xbox.

Since the beginning platforms have done whatever they could to bring in exclusive content. It’s no different now. Sony Just purchased a publisher as well.

This is only bothering some of you cause it’s Microsoft with the big pockets and motivation this time around :manny:
It's true. MS started that particular practice when they had the COD deal during that generation. They got exclusive content/games from a bunch of different publishers then by paying them or by paying for marketing. Ubisoft was one of their biggest partners and that netted them everything from exclusive games to exclusive content from their marketing deals. Sony got in on that with the PS4 and their renewed market position. What publisher? Bungie is not a publisher. And I don't like it for the reasons stated in my earlier post, which you and @The Mad Titan ignored, because he couldn't spin.

MS did not fund Titanfall. That's an old distortion from xbox stans and bad journalists.

Titanfall is never coming to PlayStation 4, but that doesn’t mean Titanfall 2 won’t.

Electronic Arts revealed today that it came to an agreement with Microsoft that makes Titanfall an exclusive to the Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC for the “life of the title.” That means Titanfall developer Respawn Entertainment can’t release the game on PlayStation 4.

If that surprises you, don’t feel bad — it also came as a bit of a surprise to Respawn. The studio’s boss, Vince Zampella, tweeted the following after gamers started questioning him about Titanfall and the PlayStation 4:

Always MS exclusive at launch, great partner and focus is good for a startup. EA made a deal for the rest, we only found out recently =(

What’s noteworthy is that Zampella says EA made the deal.

When contacted for this article, a Respawn spokesperson told GamesBeat that they had no information to provide on the EA deal with Microsoft.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's true. MS started that particular practice when they had the COD deal during that generation. They got exclusive content/games from a bunch of different publishers then by paying them or by paying for marketing. Ubisoft was one of their biggest partners and that netted them everything from exclusive games to exclusive content from their marketing deals. Sony got in on that with the PS4 and their renewed market position. What publisher? Bungie is not a publisher. And I don't like it for the reasons stated in my earlier post, which you and @The Mad Titan ignored, because he couldn't spin.

MS did not fund Titanfall. That's an old distortion from xbox stans and bad journalists.

Please do some research, I'm not sure of your age or how much or heavy you were into the game industry at the time. But exclusive deals did not start with Microsoft, it wasn't even made popular by them.

Infact the only reason people took note of these kinda deals around then is because it was unheard of PlayStation not getting a game that wasn't directly 1st party.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's true. MS started that particular practice when they had the COD deal during that generation. They got exclusive content/games from a bunch of different publishers then by paying them or by paying for marketing.
This isn’t true. All the way back to Tomb Raider on PSX and Saturn and probably before platform holders were paying for content or offering advertisement for better terms.

Ubisoft was one of their biggest partners and that netted them everything from exclusive games to exclusive content from their marketing deals. Sony got in on that with the PS4 and their renewed market position.
Again, sony was doing this well before xbox existed

What publisher? Bungie is not a publisher. And I don't like it for the reasons stated in my earlier post, which you and @The Mad Titan ignored, because he couldn't spin.
Bungee IS a publisher. They make more money than most publishers in gaming. They own a large part of the market and are looking to expand. That’s why sony purchased them.

That quote doesn’t discredit what i said.

They ran out of money and microsoft stepped up with funding while sony rejected them.

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Please do some research, I'm not sure of your age or how much or heavy you were into the game industry at the time. But exclusive deals did not start with Microsoft, it wasn't even made popular by them.

Infact the only reason people took note of these kinda deals around then is because it was unheard of PlayStation not getting a game that wasn't directly 1st party.
Please learn how to actually read and respond to what is in front of you. You are trying to argue a point I never made.

This isn’t true. All the way back to Tomb Raider on PSX and Saturn and probably before platform holders were paying for content or offering advertisement for better terms.

Again, sony was doing this well before xbox existed

Bungee IS a publisher. They make more money than most publishers in gaming. They own a large part of the market and are looking to expand. That’s why sony purchased them.

That quote doesn’t discredit what i said.

They ran out of money and microsoft stepped up with funding while sony rejected them.
You're just like @The Mad Titan. Read my post to him. Bungie is not a publisher like an Activision Blizzard or a ZeniMax. It's extremely dishonest to even make that claim. What market does Bungie own a large part of? GAAS? They're non-factors there as far as revenue. They're making more money than which publishers? They have a good toolset and experience in building those types of games, but they're not even on the level of a Sea Limited.

You're right about Titanfall. My bad on that.