Microsoft aint happy with the state of Xbox.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Xbox will not change their fortunes until they greatly improve the public’s perception of their brand.

Yeah and you can only do that through big consistent 1st party/exclusive games, theres no other way around it. Not services, not features, not goofy accessories and ads.

Just. Games.

Its just like tv, each streaming platform is defined by their exclusive content. Thats why HBO will always be GOAT, non-stop hits, every year.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The problem is THATS the problem they focused on buying these huge ass companies BUT at the end of the day we haven't seen any game from these places that put Xbox on the map. It's all the same ole same ole ain't shyt changed and it's not wonder with all the money and computer resources they still suck.:dead: it shouldn't be possible but it is.
How about you buy a huge ass console and get off last gen. :pachaha:

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
Yeah and you can only do that through big consistent 1st party/exclusive games, theres no other way around it. Not services, not features, not goofy accessories and ads.

Just. Games.

Its just like tv, each streaming platform is defined by their exclusive content. Thats why HBO will always be GOAT, non-stop hits, every year.

I agree to an extent.
The stench of their brand degrades their offerings as well, games that aren’t nearly as bad as the general gaming community is lead to believe get shyt on because of its association to the Xbox brand.
I think they may need a full overhaul in regards to their faces. Phil Spencer may need to be moved on from.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Xbox has a perception problem. Since buying these studios and publisher's they haven't produced a new IP that captures the gaming public.

Before they could rely on the big 3 to bail them out. Unfortunately Gears isn't what it was and they fumbled Halo.

State of Decay is aight. Sea of Thieves is aight. Hi fi Rush was well received but gamers didn't engage. Bleeding Edge was Ok, just. Pentiment was a video games journalist dream, didn't do great. Scorned was not great.

Redfall looks like it's gonna be just aight. So basically Starfield has to be THE game that has to be good. Forza Motorsport will be amazing as always but more people seem to prefer Horizon.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Xbox doesn't deserve to die. They need to simply just hire people that actually know how to run a gaming division :yeshrug:

Sony NEEDS direct competition and if they don't have that they're going get very complacent and as gamers we can't have that :francis:
This is how I feel about NBA and NFL games. I always preferred the 2k versions of sports games (except NHL), but now sports games aren't entertaining to me

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
never thought I’d see the day when xbox stans turn on Jeff Grubb :wow:

:mjlol: grubb and jez are all about the clicks, engagement and growing their brand...It's always been like this, always, at the end of the day they just trying to get paid and recognition.

Just because they are Xbox centric doesn't mean anything at all. There ties are just more on the MS/Xbox side of thing.

Good to see you are a "fan" now tho.:comeon: