Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When people inside and outside of industry look at this and go "well that doesn't make sense" you know something is wrong. No one was back and forth in these threads worried about cloud gaming and MS, potentially, in the future having a major lead because of it. Infact the loudest person in this section speaking on cloud gaming is ya boy court.
Everyone else was talking about how MS was going to buy up all the Publishers and ruin gaming :mjlol: Meanwhile Sony has been buy all kinda stuff this past year. COD and major Ip's getting turned into execlusives where the reasons "stans" complained. A few claim they hate all consolidation...well unless it's organic consolidation, then it's ok:mjlol:

This High end market that the CMA ran with got dismantled, and cloud gaming was the fall back. Now yall in here and don't even really have a talking point after all that fake concern.
At least Jim Ryan was upfront, with his comments about just wanting the deal blocked.:yeshrug:
Yall in here trying to pretend like it's better for gamers that the deal is blocked in the UK and falls through when in reality it's the opposite.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
When people inside and outside of industry look at this and go "well that doesn't make sense" you know something is wrong. No one was back and forth in these threads worried about cloud gaming and MS, potentially, in the future having a major lead because of it. Infact the loudest person in this section speaking on cloud gaming is ya boy court.
Everyone else was talking about how MS was going to buy up all the Publishers and ruin gaming :mjlol: Meanwhile Sony has been buy all kinda stuff this past year. COD and major Ip's getting turned into execlusives where the reasons "stans" complained. A few claim they hate all consolidation...well unless it's organic consolidation, then it's ok:mjlol:

This High end market that the CMA ran with got dismantled, and cloud gaming was the fall back. Now yall in here and don't even really have a talking point after all that fake concern.
At least Jim Ryan was upfront, with his comments about just wanting the deal blocked.:yeshrug:
Yall in here trying to pretend like it's better for gamers that the deal is blocked in the UK and falls through when in reality it's the opposite.

Microsoft bought 18 studios since 2018

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Microsoft bought 18 studios since 2018
And now they have a total of like 22 or something compared to Sony's like 18 or 20.

Imagine if it wasn't MS, I guess the company would just have to grow organically and hope to catch up at some point to Sony...

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's over.

f0b.jpg

Let us just be glad Crash The Bandicoot is safe :wow:

He won’t be going to the mascot graveyard with banjo and conker

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Even if you remove lots of consoles let’s say every PS5 owner is a PS4 owner. You are still looking at less than 10% of playstation owners buying th game.
You can't know that. Not without first knowing those figures. At this point you'd just be guessing. You don't know how many people went to a slim model. Or upgraded to a pro then the PS5. Or had broken systems that they had to replace. Now based on the sales of the game you can make a reasonable assumption that it's not say, 50%. But there is no way I can see how you could accurately conclude less than 10%.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You can't know that. Not without first knowing those figures. At this point you'd just be guessing. You don't know how many people went to a slim model. Or upgraded to a pro then the PS5. Or had broken systems that they had to replace. Now based on the sales of the game you can make a reasonable assumption that it's not say, 50%. But there is no way I can see how you could accurately conclude less than 10%.
i think removing 30 million consoles is a very reasonable estimate.

But even if you remove 50 million consoles. That still only gets us to 10%

The exact number don’t matter. My only point was that people buy consoles for lots of reasons that have nothing to do with exclusive games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i think removing 30 million consoles is a very reasonable estimate.

But even if you remove 50 million consoles. That still only gets us to 10%

The exact number don’t matter. My only point was that people buy consoles for lots of reasons that have nothing to do with exclusive games.

If you use that logic that exclusives don’t sell consoles and are only coming to that conclusion through attach rates then you’d have a hell of a conundrum to explain why Nintendo is successful with 125M+ consoles sold and most exclusives being under 20m

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
And now they have a total of like 22 or something compared to Sony's like 18 or 20.

Imagine if it wasn't MS, I guess the company would just have to grow organically and hope to catch up at some point to Sony...
They have 26 now. They had 15 before they consumed ZeniMax. They could have built those 15 studios up organically while making smaller acquisitions to supplement their in-house teams. Instead, they chose to neglect their own studios to chase after large publishers. That strategy blew up in their face. It's why they're in the position they're in now.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If you use that logic that exclusives don’t sell consoles and are only coming to that conclusion through attach rates then you’d have a hell of a conundrum to explain why Nintendo is successful with 125M+ consoles sold and most exclusives being under 20m
1st off for the record i’m not saying exclusives don’t sell consoles at all, i’m saying they aren’t the most important factor in why people buy consoles.

Second. Nintendo don’t count:manny:

It’s a toy that people buy for very different reasons than xbox or playstation