Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It sold 11 million copies, no one is exaggerating anything, it’s a game people wanted.
When talking about the entire playstation community that’s not a lot.

Y’all act like everyone who’s even thinking about playing games is beholden to those games, they are not.

Remember this all started cause y’all said playstation having more exclusives means xbox should be unbuyable to a gamer. My only point is that Playstation exclusives aren’t even THAT important to playstation gamers, so obviously there’s a huge market of gamers who DGAF about those games:manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
When talking about the entire playstation community that’s not a lot.

Y’all act like everyone who’s even thinking about playing games is beholden to those games, they are not.

Remember this all started cause y’all said playstation having more exclusives means xbox should be unbuyable to a gamer. My only point is that Playstation exclusives aren’t even THAT important to playstation gamers, so obviously there’s a huge market of gamers who DGAF about those games:manny:

When talking aobut the entire playstation community elden ring isn’t a lot either. What does that mean for what actual gaming enthusiast care about though?

The people here, the people on twitter, the people that constantly talk about gaming and watch reviews, and podcast care about those games. Casuals that make up the brunt of game sales don’t matter in these discussions.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
And when microsoft become the indsutry leader with no way for Nintendo, Sony, Steam, etc. to fight back who pushes them to be consumer friendly and innovative?

The fundamental difference is you want Microsoft to win by using methods no one can compete with, because it requires a massive amount of money. Microsoft doesn’t have to play sony or Nintendos game to innovate or be competitive and they don’t need to spend 100 billion dollars to do it either

If you believed Microsoft did all that stuff to push the industry forward then you have to believe they can still do it without buying more publishers
I don't believe they did anything to push the industry forward. I believe they did it to try and overtake the market leader and attempt to dominate. Those weren't things done for the good of gamers but they were things gamers benefited from. Microsoft did those things because they were losing and made concessions to their customer's benefit.

I don't want any one company to win anything. When one company dominates ultimately their philosophy changes from how can we further please and win over customers to how can we squeeze more money from them.

Innovation isn't born from the status quo, it's born from disruption. Let's be clear here stuff you enjoy today on PlayStation are ideas and concepts Microsoft either further pushed or innovated. PS Extra and Premium are a direct response to Game Pass and are unlikely to exist as they do today without it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
When talking aobut the entire playstation community elden ring isn’t a lot either. What does that mean for what actual gaming enthusiast care about though?

The people here, the people on twitter, the people that constantly talk about gaming and watch reviews, and podcast care about those games. Casuals that make up the brunt of game sales don’t matter in these discussions.
Yes you goofies over exaggerate the importance of those games. That was my point :ehh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No you downplay them, which is weird because we see the direct effects of downplaying exclusive content in this very thread
I gave numbers there’s nothing to downplay.

The overwhelming majority of gamers even those on playstation DGAF about those games. That’s what the numbers say.

Don’t matter what you stans feel :manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I gave numbers there’s nothing to downplay.

The overwhelming majority of gamers even those on playstation DGAF about those games. That’s what the numbers say.

Don’t matter what you stans feel :manny:

And yet, people are by and large opting to pick up the more expensive playsation instead of Xbox’s and you can’t explain why without downplaying the game libraries between the two.

Must be the dualsense or great design :sas2:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The 1% was a typo. I meant 10%

There’s a total of about 150 million playstation consoles on the market. GOW selling 11 million copies means around 7% of playstation users purchased the game. And probably half of those were bundles.

Sony themselves said it’s the COD(and others) revenue that makes games like GOW possible. Not the other way around.
I wanted to chime in here on the math. So this would only be correct if you were assuming that each of those console sales were to unique individuals. So take me for instance. I bought a PS4, PS4 Pro, and PS5. The math would suggest that GoW was only sold to 33% of those purchasers when in fact it was sold to 100% of them, me. Which obviously, you wouldn't expect me to purchase 3 copies. I like Sony products, but not THAT much.

A more telling figure might be to look at PS5 GoW purchases. I would assume more of those are unique purchases this early in the life cycle. I just don't know exactly how skewed those number would be due to scalping. I'm assuming not drastically.

Daps
Selling 11M copies of a console exclusive is nothing now?

Wild. Nintendo has literally made a niche out of selling double-digit millions of exclusive IP. A game that draws ten percent of the people choosing between Xbox and PlayStation to PlayStation and gets those people settled into the PS ecosystem is huge. It also ignores that if Sony has multiple exclusive games that sell to ten percent of its audience, that's not all overlap. A lot of consumers are entering the PS ecosystem for those games.

I like Xbox and MS has IP that were great and still hold weight, but they're in the mud because they can't show why their box is essential through unique IP/software.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Selling 11M copies of a console exclusive is nothing now?

Wild. Nintendo has literally made a niche out of selling double-digit millions of exclusive IP. A game that draws ten percent of the people choosing between Xbox and PlayStation to PlayStation and gets those people settled into the PS ecosystem is huge. It also ignores that if Sony has multiple exclusive games that sell to ten percent of its audience, that's not all overlap. A lot of consumers are entering the PS ecosystem for those games.

I like Xbox and MS has IP that were great and still hold weight, but they're in the mud because they can't show why their box is essential through unique IP/software.

It always boils down to exclusives don’t matter or just a lot of downplaying of them but when the 360 was in the lead, it was because it had a ton of 3rd and first party exclusives.

Microsoft literally just bought Zenimax for 7 billion dollars, and every xbox stan on the planet is relying on starfield to turn the tide for them. The fact that people can sit here with a straight face and continue to downplay what exclusive content does for a platform is weird.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I wanted to chime in here on the math. So this would only be correct if you were assuming that each of those console sales were to unique individuals. So take me for instance. I bought a PS4, PS4 Pro, and PS5. The math would suggest that GoW was only sold to 33% of those purchasers when in fact it was sold to 100% of them, me. Which obviously, you wouldn't expect me to purchase 3 copies. I like Sony products, but not THAT much.

A more telling figure might be to look at PS5 GoW purchases. I would assume more of those are unique purchases this early in the life cycle. I just don't know exactly how skewed those number would be due to scalping. I'm assuming not drastically.
Even if you remove lots of consoles let’s say every PS5 owner is a PS4 owner. You are still looking at less than 10% of playstation owners buying th game.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Even if you remove lots of consoles let’s say every PS5 owner is a PS4 owner. You are still looking at less than 10% of playstation owners buying th game.

Not everyone that buys a ps5 is buying it for one exclusive.

Just like how you said you’re buying a ps5 for FFXVI. It’s also why we say one game isn’t going to save xbox and that they need to release a consistent amount of exclusive content to regain marketshare.