Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

And you don’t think that had much to do with Xbox’s success? People like to romanticize the Xbox 360 but let’s keep it real. Sony fukked up. They caught themselves and course corrected and by the end of that generation it was a wash. That was also the generation that did the legwork for the sorts of first party games Sony is famous for now.

Some of the Switch’s most popular games are Wii U games. Wii U had quality games and failed. Post GameCube Nintendo consoles have been the home for shovelware. Lately some of the most popular third party games skip them entirely. New GTA games, Madden, CoD, the list goes on.

If anything Nintendo is the success they are now because they leveraged their portable into a home console and before that it was motion control gimmicks. None of their success is even remotely close to anything modern PlayStation is doing. The two couldn’t be further apart. This is why you’ll see known PS fanboys on this site owning a Switch. How many of them owned Wii Us?

Xbox needs to separate itself from what PlayStation does. The world doesn’t need the same product again like that.

Funny, you pointed out that both Nintendo and Sony have created massive failures for themselves that they only learned from and got better from over time to what they are today, in spite of those failures. So basically, perhaps M$ just hasn't been beaten into submission hard enough yet to straighten up and fly right already. And/or they never learn from their failures and instead, just double down within them. Basically, they've differentiated themselves as being the perennial loser.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is why you’ll see known PS fanboys on this site owning a Switch. How many of them owned Wii Us?

I’ve owned every nintendo console though, and i didn’t buy a switch cause it was portable, i bought it because it had zelda-skyrim on it.

Every console i buy is because tehy have strong single player offerings on it

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
"Innovation"

Activision makes the same games over and over. Theres not gonna be any inmovation :pachaha:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
D2889-C03-0-E22-44-D1-A6-E4-20-C2-E237-B96-C.png

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

And you don’t think that had much to do with Xbox’s success? People like to romanticize the Xbox 360 but let’s keep it real. Sony fukked up. They caught themselves and course corrected and by the end of that generation it was a wash. That was also the generation that did the legwork for the sorts of first party games Sony is famous for now.

Some of the Switch’s most popular games are Wii U games. Wii U had quality games and failed. Post GameCube Nintendo consoles have been the home for shovelware. Lately some of the most popular third party games skip them entirely. New GTA games, Madden, CoD, the list goes on.

If anything Nintendo is the success they are now because they leveraged their portable into a home console and before that it was motion control gimmicks. None of their success is even remotely close to anything modern PlayStation is doing. The two couldn’t be further apart. This is why you’ll see known PS fanboys on this site owning a Switch. How many of them owned Wii Us?

Xbox needs to separate itself from what PlayStation does. The world doesn’t need the same product again like that.

If Sony can course correct itself as well as Nintendo, I think Microsoft can as well. They have no showpiece games that like you said makes them standout. Nintendo does. Sony does. When I think Nintendo I think of Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros, Animal Crossing, and Pokemon.

The other exclusives are just the cherry on top. Even when Sony started to gain traction near the tail end of the 7th generation, Xbox 360 was still strong despite Sony's upcoming reign.

The marketing of the XB1 prior to launch really did them in along with the fact that it cost more than the PS4 while being weaker. Imagine had XB1 released at $399 with no talks of a camera being a requirement for access and no 24-hour online check in fiasco? They just completely lost the script and started to pivot a little towards games(which should've been the main focus all along) and satisfied their hardcore fanbase with the backwards compatibility thing and Gamepass.

I think had Xbox did this(it's easy to say in hindsight though to be fair), they'd be in a much better position. So far with the Series X I feel like they can still turn things around as it's relatively early in the gen so far. Same way some hardcore Xbox fans here despite all the noise STILL bought a PS5 in spite of all their issues with Sony. I feel like MSFT can really turn things around by 2024~2025 at the latest.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they can't they'll just lock up exclusives like Sony
And which 3rd party studio willing to drop exclusives? Certainly no Japanese studio only shot they have are maybe a few westerns but definitely not the big ones. Microsoft got studios and they got Bethesda time to put them to good use.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And which 3rd party studio willing to drop exclusives? Certainly no Japanese studio only shot they have are maybe a few westerns but definitely not the big ones. Microsoft got studios and they got Bethesda time to put them to good use.

They’re just speaking out of pure emotion, hopefully they’ve had time to cool off and think logically. We’ve already seen the consequences of AAA studios tying exclusivity to their platform, it would be even worse now with gamepass.

They need to make sure their 25 studios have the proper resources and time to put out quality games. No reason why something like Redfall should be releasing unfinished