Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

Daps
I wonder what the world would’ve said about Nintendo back in the 80’s and 90’s if there were social media. They were telling devs not to make games for Sega, threatening them and buying up rights to games long before Sony.

And when Yamauchi tanked the N64 because he didn't want to lose the sweet deal Nintendo had selling cartridges to third-party game producers, anyone in the know thought it was sweet that he finally got shot down and let a major competitor get a massive foothold in the business besides.

Between insisting on cartridges for the N64 and not following up on the Nintendo/Sony collaboration console, Yamauchi being responsible for Sony PlayStation as a dominant brand is one of the funniest things in video game history. Twitter in 1997 would be shytting on Nintendo while the Nintendo fanbois talk about how great Super Mario 64 is, so Nintendo pretty much inviting Sony to whip their asses in the video game market doesn't matter.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They just gotta make games. Thats it

Yall complicating it
The consumers want one company to dominate. Consumers prefer to buy that single box and feel like it covers all their bases. If they’re buying something else it better be different.

Microsoft needs to differentiate Xbox from its competitors. Nintendo learned this and moved in their own direction after years of failure. The Switch is a drastically different experience overall than PlayStation. The Xbox is not nor was it ever.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The consumers want one company to dominate. Consumers prefer to buy that single box and feel like it covers all their bases. If they’re buying something else it better be different.

Microsoft needs to differentiate Xbox from its competitors. Nintendo learned this and moved in their own direction after years of failure. The Switch is a drastically different experience overall than PlayStation. The Xbox is not nor was it ever.
Apparently they can according to the cma

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

And at it’s core the people love nintendo for their games. No getting around that fact. Mario is the biggest IP in the world right now and Zelda is about to win another GOTY. Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart continue to print money. 125m consoles sold.

Microsoft need to make good games that you can only play on their box/platforms. Stop trying to be playstation, stop trying to be nintendo. Be yourself

microsoft-has-had-two-goals-in-the-last-10-years-one-was-to-author-steve-jobs.jpg

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I was very upset yesterday, I couldn't even eat after they confirmed the CMA approval today. This is the greatest news of my life. What a miracle. I have just booked a tour to all of UK in celebration. The bruvs will go down in history, thank you CMA. Respect to England! Call of Duty will not go down like HALO, our greatest FPS game is preserved. Jim Ryan won the good fight!

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I was very upset yesterday, I couldn't even eat after they confirmed the CMA approval today. This is the greatest news of my life. What a miracle. I have just booked a tour to all of UK in celebration. The bruvs will go down in history, thank you CMA. Respect to England! Call of Duty will not go down like HALO, our greatest FPS game is preserved. Jim Ryan won the good fight!

B38-AA4-A9-53-D0-4-F28-869-C-C1-AFF3-E9541-A.jpg

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
And at it’s core the people love nintendo for their games. No getting around that fact. Mario is the biggest IP in the world right now and Zelda is about to win another GOTY. Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart continue to print money. 125m consoles sold.

Microsoft need to make good games that you can only play on their box/platforms. Stop trying to be playstation, stop trying to be nintendo. Be yourself

microsoft-has-had-two-goals-in-the-last-10-years-one-was-to-author-steve-jobs.jpg

Be themselves? :skip:

quote-the-only-problem-with-microsoft-is-they-just-have-no-taste-they-have-absolutely-no-taste-steve-jobs-105-62-65.jpg