Michael B Jordan Gets Racist Backlash For Being Cast As Human Torch

tr2k

All Star
Daps
This comes down to whites being sensitive about the preservation of their race. Thats why they dont mind if almost 99% of cinemas have the main stars as white actors. A white man cant play a black character if his skin and culture has ties to the character and vice versa. The story can always be changed. There can be a black batman if need be. Batman's grandson might be mixed. Its the real world not some white fantasy that White America wants and believe in.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the racist comments are unnecessary but for continuity sake it would mean that the sister has to be black too right?

its always a gamble to change the race of characters though it doesn't hurt when its smaller characters like when sam jackson was in avengers or the gatekeeper guy in Thor

but i think it would be a box office fail to make Batman Black or Asian or South American unless of course the person from South America and it doesn't mean that the story would suffer the movie could be just as good because what matters is the story told and the actor portraying it being truthful but it just makes people lose what they feel is an authentic portrayal

like someone else mentioned its better to focus on characters that were originally intended to be a certain race like Black Panther or just have original new characters and they don't have to be super heroes but say new super spy's or die hard type characters that could be any background

In the first two Fantastic Four films the siblings weren't the same race LOL

They make all sorts of changes with these comic book movies in terms of changing origins, races, genders, and everything in between.

The X-Men movies in particular changed the races of a bunch of characters. Same goes for Nolan's Batman films, Ra's Al Ghul and Bane aren't white in the source material nor in any of their animated appearances.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This comes down to whites being sensitive about the preservation of their race. Thats why they dont mind if almost 99% of cinemas have the main stars as white actors. A white man cant play a black character if his skin and culture has ties to the character and vice versa. The story can always be changed. There can be a black batman if need be. Batman's grandson might be mixed. Its the real world not some white fantasy that White America wants and believe in.

Hell in the comcis Batman's son is mixed. Talia Al Ghul is not white nor is her father.

And definitely co-sign that last part. It's like people don't fukking think about how that shyt looks. "Earth's Mightiest heroes" is a bunch of english speaking white dudes who all happen operate out of the same country. Sorry but "White man saves the universe" shyt is getting both old and nonsensical. White people aren't even the majority on this planet yet someone in science fiction they're the majority in space? :dahell:

If anybody should really be pissed off it's Asian people. They're the majority of the worlds population but you rarely see movies about them saving the world or the Universe.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
In the first two Fantastic Four films the siblings weren't the same race LOL

They make all sorts of changes with these comic book movies in terms of changing origins, races, genders, and everything in between.

The X-Men movies in particular changed the races of a bunch of characters. Same goes for Nolan's Batman films, Ra's Al Ghul and Bane aren't white in the source material nor in any of their animated appearances.

I JUST remembered that. Jessica Alba definitely isn't white but she sure played a white woman. To the point where they even gave her blue eyes in the 2nd movie. Didn't hear any outrage at that

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I JUST remembered that. Jessica Alba definitely isn't white but she sure played a white woman. To the point where they even gave her blue eyes in the 2nd movie. Didn't hear any outrage at that

I'm not gonna lie there were some people who were upset about Alba playing Sue Storm but they were in the minority. I saw way more complaints about Kerry Washington being Alicia Masters.

I definitely didn't see anybody being confused about how Johnny and Sue could be siblings even though they were different races.

tr2k

All Star
Daps
its called White-bypass

tr2k

All Star
Daps
I'm not gonna lie there were some people who were upset about Alba playing Sue Storm but they were in the minority. I saw way more complaints about Kerry Washington being Alicia Masters.

I definitely didn't see anybody being confused about how Johnny and Sue could be siblings even though they were different races.
She dont looked black?
FF_cartoon-Alicia_Masters_and_Silver_Surfer.jpg

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She dont looked black?
FF_cartoon-Alicia_Masters_and_Silver_Surfer.jpg

fukk, I completely forgot about how she looked in that show. In the comics she was lily white though. It was crazy to me how upset people were about Kerry Washington playing such a minor fukking characters.

Meanwhile Bane and Ra's Al Ghul were both played by white people.

Avatar the Last airbender was completely whitewashed and while there was uproar it was nothing on the level of Michael B Jordan as Torch or Idris Elba as Heimdall.

Hell in the comics they've consistently lightened the skin of a few black characters.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nobody complained when they changed the black villain in spawn to a white dude

Actually Jason Wynn was white in the comics also.

They did change the race of two characters in that film though.

Spawns best friend was supposed to be black.

That female character in the movie that killed Spawn was supposed to be a black man named Chapel.

Spawn should have been a predominantly black film.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
fakkit cacs didn't complain about Avatar the Last Airbender, Tekken or Dragon Ball getting whitewashed (yes, I know those movies sucked).

I hope the entire Fantastic Four cast is black just to get at those peckerwoods.