Michael B Jordan Gets Racist Backlash For Being Cast As Human Torch

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hold up,I'm all for black men getting more roles in big films....But out of 3 roles he could've played I'm sorry,but why cast him as the one that "catches fire" surrounded by white people?....I've just seen to many storys(ie Mary Turner),seen too many pictures,and to many movies in hollywood that show black men being caught on fire or having their homes burned down by the KKK that I think this might be a damn distraction in a movie that's supposed to be fun and family friendly:wtb:....takin ya whole family to see the movie and suddenly mama and granddaddy havin flashbacks to Mississippi in the aisle:why:....I may or may not feel no kinda way but of all the characters:snoop:.?y'all think racist will be upset,if the comic nerds maybe...but if they are racist over anything they will love this idea:blessed:

Ps-one black daughter is nice,two might be a fetish:usure:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know he was raised in some spanish prison but wasn't bane's father some english kingpin or something like that? Not sure of his mom tho

His mom was from the island he was born and raised on.

He's traditionally been shown to have darker skin, none white facial features, and in the cartoons he's always had a spanish accent.

In the film they changed his race, ethnicity, AND his origin....and virtually nobody complained.

tr2k

All Star
Daps
bane-20110315055305060.jpg

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Them tweets is racist as fukk but I know I don't like when they take black characters or minority characters and make them white so they should just leave the fukkin character white and call it a day..

tr2k

All Star
Daps
Them tweets is racist as fukk but I know I don't like when they take black characters or minority characters and make them white so they should just leave the fukkin character white and call it a day..
give an example...why should firestorm's race matters...theres not a lot of black super heroes that are tied to their culture where skin color would make a difference.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
give an example...why should firestorm's race matters...theres not a lot of black super heroes that are tied to their culture where skin color would make a difference.
I'm talking about characters in movies in general..I mean I guess it shouldn't matter in this instance but whatever...like I said I hate when they try to white wash every character they do a movie on regardless of the story's race origin..

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
fakkit cacs didn't complain about Avatar the Last Airbender, Tekken or Dragon Ball getting whitewashed (yes, I know those movies sucked).

I hope the entire Fantastic Four cast is black just to get at those peckerwoods.

Actually, a lot of people did complain about The Last Airbender and it was one of the reasons that movie's buzz died very early. They complained about Dragon Ball too although that was more about the whole movie looking like garbage, lol.

tr2k

All Star
Daps
Michael B Jordan did play Cyborg. If a white man played him, then that tells you something about the agenda they are trying to push. Its just refreshing to see a black be a super hero.