Michael B Jordan Gets Racist Backlash For Being Cast As Human Torch

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Welp black panthers gonna be light skinnned :to:

Black Panther race is an important part of his character. He's from a highly advanced and XENOPHOBIC African Nation.

Human Torch's race isn't important to his character at all. He just has to be a handsome, hot headed, frat boy type.

There are some black characters who's race isn't and important part of their character, but Black Panther sure as hell aint one of them.

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
Funny no one said anything when they wanted him to be peter parkers love interest. But why are they making Johhny Storm black, is he still dead in the comics?

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Actually, a lot of people did complain about The Last Airbender and it was one of the reasons that movie's buzz died very early. They complained about Dragon Ball too although that was more about the whole movie looking like garbage, lol.

Asian Americans complained. The average cac justified the changes using the same tired "they have to appeal to the majority demographic to turn a profit" excuse which is ironically an admission of White America's racism.

tr2k

All Star
Daps
this comes down to personality vs nationality....which has a bigger influence over the character

tr2k

All Star
Daps
Funny no one said anything when they wanted him to be peter parkers love interest. But why are they making Johhny Storm black, is he still dead in the comics?
Will-Smith-Thinking-As-The-Fresh-Prince-Of-Bel-Air.gif

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, if people have a problem with this casting then they can stay the fukk home. If changing race ruins the enjoyment of the movie for someone, then they can stay the fukk home and not support it. fukk em'.

It doesn't bother them, it only bothers them when they change the race of white characters.

Cast a non white actor in a white role: "This is bullshyt affirmative action P.C. Garbage designed to pander to minorities." "It's reverse racism." "It's fukking Obamas fault"

Cast a white actor in a non white role: "They just hired the best possible actors for the job". "They just wanted the most well known actor they could find to bring in a bigger audience". "Most anime characters are drawn to look white anyway".

tr2k

All Star
Daps
This is like hunger games when they envisioned one of the characters to be white in the book but they were black in the movie.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nah, people were mad as fukk about that shyt, not as mad as they are about this but they were mad. Andrew Garfield just said that shyt on a whim and people acted like they were actually gonna do it for the movie.

And for those who keep asking "Why are they making Johnny Storm black" it's because the guy directing the film is the same guy who directed Chronicle. The director is a big fan of Michael B Jordan and wanted to work with him again....It's the same fukking reasoning behind Nolan casting Tom Hardy as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is like hunger games when they envisioned one of the characters to be white in the book but they were black in the movie.

Nah, that character in the hunger games was explicitly stated as being black in the book. That uproar about it was just a bunch dumb mutherfukking white people who couldn't actually read.

If anything the Hunger games cast a bunch of white people in roles that could have gone to people of color. The lead character in the book is described as Olive skinned and possibly biracial.

tr2k

All Star
Daps
Nah, that character in the hunger games was explicitly stated as being black in the book. That uproar about it was just a bunch dumb mutherfukking white people who couldn't actually read.

If anything the Hunger games cast a bunch of white people in roles that could have gone to people of color. The lead character in the book is described as Olive skinned and possibly biracial.
yeah I know, despite the description in the book, they still thought white.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly

Nope. White people were being cacs then too. In the books, they were described as dark brown skinned people that lived around the area that was once Atlanta. Cacs were like "technically Indians, East Asians and Hispanics could be dark brown"....I really read that dumb shyt on YouTube. East Asians in fukkin Atlanta :camby:

You know they full of sh*t cuz in the book, Katniss was described as having olive skin, dark eyes and dark hair which meant she was supposed to look Mediterreanean, Middle Eastern or some type of ethnic look but the studios put a straight white girl to play her.....obviously none of those cacs gave a fukk about literary accuracy then :camby:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah I know, despite the description in the book, they still thought white.

Yeah, so we have a standard where Black people can't be cast in roles originally meant for white people but they also can't be cast in roles originally meant for black people either. :heh:

Shows you how ingrained this shyt is for some people though. White folks was LIVID about that casting and was talking mad shyt about that little girl. The casting call for that movie was fukked up too where some characters could have been played by a person of any race but they requested only white actors for the auditions.

tr2k

All Star
Daps
Nope. White people were being cacs then too. In the books, they were described as dark brown skinned people that lived around the area that was once Atlanta. Cacs were like "technically Indians, East Asians and Hispanics could be dark brown"....I really read that dumb shyt on YouTube. East Asians in fukkin Atlanta :camby:

You know they full of sh*t cuz in the book, Katniss was described as having olive skin, dark eyes and dark hair which meant she was supposed to look Mediterreanean, Middle Eastern or some type of ethnic look but the studios put a straight white girl to play her.....obviously none of those cacs gave a fukk about literary accuracy then :camby:
studios got to satisfy the massas I mean masses