Michael B Jordan Gets Racist Backlash For Being Cast As Human Torch

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Donald won because i'm pretty sure his campaign at least somewhat inspired the death of Ultimate Peter Parker and the role of Ultimate Spiderman being given to Miles(who is black and hispanic)

Nah, Ultimate Peter Parker's death had been planned well before then..

Funny thing was fans knew ahead of time there was gonna be a new ultimate Spider-Man. It wasn't until they found out he was black that they really flipped out.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It's not official and it's only a rumor because the director has worked with Michael B. Jordan before and is a fan of his work ethic.

MBJ is about to blow the fukk up, dude just met with J.J. Abrams about possibly being in the new Star Wars, he damn sure doesn't "need" to be the "black" Johnny Storm for The Cactastic Four

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Nah, Ultimate Peter Parker's death had been planned well before then..

Funny thing was fans knew ahead of time there was gonna be a new ultimate Spider-Man. It wasn't until they found out he was black that they really flipped out.
Well yeah his death and that of most of the ultimate universe was planned but I do think his blackness was at least somewhat inspired by donald's little uproar a little bit

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Michael B. Jordan Confirmed As Johnny Storm aka Human Torch In ‘Fantastic Four’ Reboot! [Breaking News]

October 18, 2013 3:30 AM

There have been various rumors related to the cast of the Fantastic Four reboot with director Josh Trank. The loudest was also the first to be confirmed.

The site Schmoes Know is the first to break the news in their podcast. They have already broken some news rumors before related to (Star Wars Episode VII casting calls) and they claim this as their exclusive.

According to their sources (anonymous but reliable) within Michael B. Jordan's agency, it is confirmed that Michael B. Jordan will play Johnny Storm, or the Human Torch.

In their own words: "Through our source within Michael B Jordan's agency, it's confirmed that he has, in fact, signed on to appear as the Human Torch. So, the many rumors saying he was interested in the part were, well, I guess they were correct!"

Director Josh Trank and Michael B. Jordan worked together in "Chronicle" which is a contemporary and original super hero movie (not part of a franchise).

Michael B. Jordan recently had a breakthrough performance in "Fruitvale Station" and he was even mentioned as a possible awards contender.

Other roles in Fantastic Four and their rumored actors/actresses are:

Reed Richards aka Mr Fantastic - the choice is between Kit Harrington (Game Of Thrones) and Miles Teller (21 & Over). There is no frontrunner yet, as both actors have strong chances.

Sue Storm aka The Invisible Woman - she is Johnny Storm's sister. Now that Michael B. Jordan is cast, it is unknown how it would affect Sue Storm's selection. But Saoirse Ronan and Kate Mara were the names floating around.

No names yet for Ben Grimm (The Thing) nor any villain.

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/45784/20131018/michael-b-jordan-johnny-storm-fantastic-four.htm
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/fantastic-four-michael-b-jordan-cast-human-torch-115500958.html
http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/10/1...cast-as-human-torch-in-fantastic-four-reboot/

:patrice:

Looks likely but no.. there's no 'official' confirmation just yet, tho these new rumors ("unofficial" confirmations) came out today. Good for Wallace if he snags it tho

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well yeah his death and that of most of the ultimate universe was planned but I do think his blackness was at least somewhat inspired by donald's little uproar a little bit

Very little bit. The writer of the story said a big part of it was also his daughter. Bendis has an adopted daughter who is black. Miles' best friend in the series is even based on one of his daughter's classmates.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't remember where I saw it but there was one casting suggestion that would change a character's race that I thought was actually kind of brilliant. I saw in the comment section of one of these articles someone suggest Denzel Washington play Mr Fantastic.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Very little bit. The writer of the story said a big part of it was also his daughter. Bendis has an adopted daughter who is black. Miles' best friend in the series is even based on one of his daughter's classmates.

didn't know his daughter was black.

explains why he is always trying spotlight minorities in his books. I thought he just had a fetish for luke cage.