Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | PS4/PS3/XB1/360/PC | Out Now

Daps
I hear Kojima is risking his reputation with this game and may have to stop working in the gaming industry if he fukks up. The story is going to touch on a lot of sensitive issues like race, child soldiers, ultra graphic violence/torture (afflicted on women btw, like the Quiet electrocution torture bit and the vivisection on Paz), etc. shyt that'll make people butthurt worse than what happened with No Russian or killing African zombies in RE5.

He's pushing boundaries. The video games as art discussion can be put to bed if he has to censor this or suffer damage to his reputation. That discussion in and of itself is not something I particularly care about or want to get in to, but I don't think it can be denied there are artists in the business and he's one of them. Fundamental to being an artist is pushing boundaries, crossing lines, making people uncomfortable etc. It's a sad indictment of the medium as a whole that he's the only person willing to do something like this and that the only controversy generally comes from meaningless extreme violence.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
ELI-LIQUID.jpg

Not sure of the biblical accuracy in this but it sounds good. Also not sure if we actually see the kid in Afghanistan or in Africa.
Raven had a birthmark on his forehead in the shape of a...raven so it's not him.

yeah, thats what I meant in the other thread when I was saying the history fits. Liquid was a legend in Afghanistan, apparently.....

Not to mention Liquid's programmed "Inferiority Complex" that made him always feel inferior.... when in fact he was the clone with the dominant genes when compared to Solid Snake (although there was never no such thing lol) and Eli "Curses His Fate", as the trailer says....

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's either Liquid or a young Vulcan Raven...

er...breh

:shaq2:

have you seen what vulcan raven looks like?...he's near black in MGS lol...not a white blond haired boy

and reading this thread proved to me i've played all 4 games and don't know wtf is going on. Kojima's story telling skills are ass crack. The story itself is great though

Daps
yeah, thats what I meant in the other thread when I was saying the history fits. Liquid was a legend in Afghanistan, apparently.....

Not to mention Liquid's programmed "Inferiority Complex" that made him always feel inferior.... when in fact he was the clone with the dominant genes when compared to Solid Snake (although there was never no such thing lol) and Eli "Curses His Fate", as the trailer says....

If I remember correctly, Liquid tells Snake in MGS1 that Big Boss always told him that he was inferior but I can't recall ever hearing about him meeting Big Boss, he joined the SAS at 18 and was a POW in Iraq until shortly before MG and there's no real time after that where he could have met BB so for me the kid being Liquid would tie that one up.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
er...breh

:shaq2:

have you seen what vulcan raven looks like?...he's near black in MGS lol...not a white blond haired boy

and reading this thread proved to me i've played all 4 games and don't know wtf is going on. Kojima's story telling skills are ass crack. The story itself is great though

I'm gonna hit a wiki hard before playing MGS5. I played the 4 main games as well but I only remember 3 the best.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If yal have PS3s do yal have the MGS Database application from the PS store? It's a huge source of information about the MGS Universe... it came out years ago so you might want to check it out.

yo moms

drunk
Daps
I only played 1 2 and some of 3 and I used to skip the cutscenes :lolbron:

So I have no idea what the hell is going on :russ:

samtalksradio

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Belle Glade FL
oE=TheFireCar;4474373]http://images.wikia.com/metalgear/images/0/08/Eli.pnMG]

is this a young liquid[/QUOTE] let's see he has a jacket with bare chest, the long blonde bleach hair, arrogant like presence to him, he is a young man who curses his is fate, he is also in the Middle East. Yep looks like liquid alright. My guess, Kojima is changing the time when he and Big Boss mate. I'm sure Big Boss will be telling him he's inferior to Solid. Maybe will see Big Boss return to foxhound to meet (legendary) Teenage Solid Snake just my theory.