Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | PS4/PS3/XB1/360/PC | Out Now

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Just read on the wiki Liquid was fluent in Arabic and even spoke it like a native...Eli seems to be around the same age as solid/solidus in the other trailer and we know there is a mission in Afghanistan...Raven joined Outer Heaven in his 20's after leaving the Russians so if I had to guess I'd say Eli is Liquid...

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
He was never a bad guy, you were on the side of the bad guys the whole time :krs:

That's true and false....in MGS3 you were most def a good guy, stopping Volgin however the US goverments willingness to used the Boss as a pawn made Big Boss kinda salty by Portable Ops and Peace Walker BB, Miller and the gang were anti-heroes circumventing the law and in some cases entire countries so they could live outside of being pawns.

Solid Snake, who was a clone of BB, was fully under the auspices of the Patriots in MG1, MG2 and MGS who wanted to stop Big Boss and Liquid from operating outsideo fo the system. It isn't until MGS2 in the time line that we learn who the real enemy even is.

That's the beauty of the Metal Gear series...it isn't so much a matter of good vs. evil, just conflicting ideologies. Sure Big Boss could be seen as a hero but he still engaged in basically murder, international terrorism and hostage taking.

If there is a TRUE good guy, its prolly Otacon and Solid Snake. Guys who were manipulated by the system and then once out of it, chose to fight ONLY the system and not the proxy wars. Even Raiden gets a certain enjoyment out of fighting/killing.

end of wall of text. :jawalrus:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
story telling is about to go up another level with this one

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's either Liquid or a young Vulcan Raven...

The kid is wearing some kind of native American necklace and Raven was a shaman from a tribe in Alaska...

Every boss from MGS on PSX seems to be in this game (Mantis, Wolf, Ocelot and Decoy are already confirmed)...
Is decoy in the trailer?

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Is decoy in the trailer?
Not visibly...

This isn't 100% confirmed but from what I've read and it seems very plausible is that, Mantis (who is visible) and Decoy (probably masked as Volgin in the flames) are the ones fukking with Boss in the Phantom pain trailer...

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not visibly...

This isn't 100% confirmed but from what I've read and it seems very plausible is that, Mantis (who is visible) and Decoy (probably masked as Volgin in the flames) are the ones fukking with Boss in the Phantom pain trailer...
I thought skullface was volgin?

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I guess raven is one of them african soldiers?
Nah Raven was native American from an Alaskan tribe breh...

That's why I'm skeptical about Eli possibly not being Liquid...Ocelot was the one who recruited Raven to the Russian army...Eli is wearing the same Russian uniform Ocelot wore in MGS3 and the necklace seems Native American...so Eli could be a younger version of Raven but I'd still put my money on that being Liquid...

Naijan

All outta Gill
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
now way that is raven, blonde hair native american, no. Him being liquid is more likely as it said, "boy who curses his faith". Also liquid said he meet Big Boss before who told him he was the weaker clone.

Daps
ELI-LIQUID.jpg

Not sure of the biblical accuracy in this but it sounds good. Also not sure if we actually see the kid in Afghanistan or in Africa.
Raven had a birthmark on his forehead in the shape of a...raven so it's not him.