Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | PS4/PS3/XB1/360/PC | Out Now

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Still the goat game, I put 180 hrs in it the first month :wow:
Had to delete this from my hard drive for a while, I thought I was legit addicted :wow:
Endless variations in loadouts and buddies can change it from a a pure stealth, from an action game, to a bullet sponge tank, to a futuristic super spy and the best thing is you can switch between styles in about ~30 seconds each switch. I would hate to be an uncreative nikka playing this game because you could get caught up doing the same things every mission instead of playing against some of the best AI with the best controls probably ever.

Its BS though you get the wormhole so late in the game:pacspit:

Imagine having it by chapter 16:banderas:

Martha

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I will say this....I LOVE the Metal Gear franchise!!! Played Son of Liberty so many damn times.

But this latest release...was a HUGE disappointment. Part of what made Metal Gear so great was the incredible music in it....where the phuk was the music for this game? More likely than not, Kojima used up all the budget, with nothing to spare for music. I literally played old school metal gear music, for some background noise.

Where were the larger than life Villains??! Where was the dialogue? It felt so damn solitary walking around as Snake.

You have to listen to audio tapes to get the gist of the plot.....beautiful looking game, great control...but the fun factor was garbage compared to previous versions.

It truly felt incomplete. And while Konami is a piece of shyt company...the buck stops with Kojima on this one.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I will say this....I LOVE the Metal Gear franchise!!! Played Son of Liberty so many damn times.

But this latest release...was a HUGE disappointment. Part of what made Metal Gear so great was the incredible music in it....where the phuk was the music for this game? More likely than not, Kojima used up all the budget, with nothing to spare for music. I literally played old school metal gear music, for some background noise.

Where were the larger than life Villains??! Where was the dialogue? It felt so damn solitary walking around as Snake.

You have to listen to audio tapes to get the gist of the plot.....beautiful looking game, great control...but the fun factor was garbage compared to previous versions.

It truly felt incomplete. And while Konami is a piece of shyt company...the buck stops with Kojima on this one.
I disagree. The dialogue was clearly in the tapes, and instead of the format for storytelling being with long drawn out cutscenes, they put the story in the tapes while you explored the massive open world.

The main thing that was lacking in this game was the boss fights, but from a gameplay standpoint this game was top tier.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I disagree. The dialogue was clearly in the tapes, and instead of the format for storytelling being with long drawn out cutscenes, they put the story in the tapes while you explored the massive open world.

The main thing that was lacking in this game was the boss fights, but from a gameplay standpoint this game was top tier.

I rather have long drawn out cutscenes, than listen to boring audio. But we can agree to disagree.

And "exploring" the world became boring for me after about 30 hours of gameplay. I completed the game 100%, so I'm not half-ass judging.

I REALLY wanted to love this game....but couldn't - way too repetitive, especially in comparison to the previous installments of the series.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I rather have long drawn out cutscenes, than listen to boring audio. But we can agree to disagree.

And "exploring" the world became boring for me after about 30 hours of gameplay. I completed the game 100%, so I'm not half-ass judging.

I REALLY wanted to love this game....but couldn't - way too repetitive, especially in comparison to the previous installments of the series.
I 100% the game also, so it is what it is. It's the only MGS I can say I did everything in

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
MGS5 was the defining game of PS4 for me until God of War

even though the ending isnt finished the game itself got more than enough time (150+ hours) to justify the price tag. Its a classic and definitely better than MGS4

MGS1 :wow:
MGS3 :shaq:
MGS5 :ohhh:
MGS2 :leon:
MGS4 :sadbron:

we not counting handhelds for children :francis:

Genos

Superstar
Daps

This is what I'm talking about. This game has the most varied gameplay of any Third person game probably outside of Dragons Dogma but it doesn't make you do anything different if you don't want to. Did you tranq/Fulton everyone?

Its BS though you get the wormhole so late in the game:pacspit:

Imagine having it by chapter 16:banderas:

Martha
The wormhole is cool but its cheap as hell. I am doing a low fulton/low upgrade run and you really have to think about when and where you fulton people when you dont have the cheap ones. But again its dope because you really can be a futuristic super spy

Last edited:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA

Haven't played this, but

...was it marketed as open world? Cause having cutscenes forced on you would make it no longer that. Esp. With critics...

peppe

Superstar
Daps
I played this for so long, like legit didn't give attention to my GF a whole weekend just to play:mjgrin:

the silencer + tranq sniper weapons had me :blessed:getting S rating without even trying just because I liked to kill everyone in stealth had me :ohhh:

went threw the game as demon snake because I was a killing machine :smugdraper:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
fukking love this game until the first half ends... couldn't play act 2 but I still rate it highly and it's still more "next" gen than a lot of games out now.

That graphic engine my goodness :wow:

I wish it was used more.