Men who got married, aside from religious grounds....

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
YaBoy said:
:beli:That's a terrible analogy breh.:

It is appropriate in this situation. You put in a lot of work and didn't graduate yet want the same recognition as those who did from all you encounter.

What's the point of climbing a mountain if you don't want to get to the summit?​

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:beli:That's a terrible analogy breh. :upsetfavre: Like I said, most married people already trust their s/o before they get married (you wouldn't marry somone you don't trust, right?) The trust is built through time and experiences not through a legal contract. You trust your barber to line your hair up correctly not because he has his barber license, but because he's been doing it for years :smugfavre:

The marriage solidifies that trust.

As for your barber analogy. If you've been going to him for years and it comes time for him to go take his licensing test and he says "naw I'll just keep it the way it is" you're going to loose some trust in him and you might find another barber.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're detracting from the main issue. If you're going to give an answer to the question in the OP, it might as well be a complete one. If you can't give a complete one, I have to assume that there's no real answer. If you don't know why you wanted to do something as serious as commit to a marriage, then I'm going to assume that there wasn't a reason until I get one. Why get so salty when you see people press for an answer on this?

then go ahead and assume then, thats your right, no skin off my back:smugbiden:

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
Yeah, but you called it stupid as if somehow what's stupid to you matters to anyone else. Like, you're pulling some back handed, back track shyt right now. Get your panties out of a bunch and stop thinking that adults have to qualify their personal life to your standards/wants/etc.

You aren't that important to anyone on here, I'm sure. No one is; get over yourself. :laff:

:facepalm: no, I called the answer "because i wanted to" a stupid response to the question "whats the reason for you wanted to get married" because thats exactly what it. If a professor asked you for the reason something is the way it is and you responded with "because it is" you would get laughed out of the hall, if you were sitting a science paper and were asked for the reason something is the way it is and you wrote down "because it is" you would not get the mark, stop playing dumb.

I really dont care if i'm important to people on here, I come here to build on things and laugh, thats it. Again, no one has to qualify anything to me or anyone else here and I never said nor implied otherwise.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can someone please explain to me why one has to validate the reasons for getting married to someone they will never meet

Im so confused

When did random internet forum posters become the judge and jury on marriage

That taco poster is an idiot, how the hell does someone go on a forum with complete strangers and demand that people explain to him why they decided or why at one point they will get married.

Im not married, but when I do (plan on proposing within the next 3-4 months) the only explaination im going to give is the woman im proposing to. shyt one of my cousins just got married, no one asked him why we just said congrats, and when is the wedding

thats like me demanding that others who play golf (i dont like gofl) explain to me why they choose to play the sport. shyt I dont care, shouldnt care, and they golfers shouldnt care to ask such a question:why:

YaBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is appropriate in this situation. You put in a lot of work and didn't graduate yet want the same recognition as those who did from all you encounter.

What's the point of climbing a mountain if you don't want to get to the summit?​

We seem to have ideological differences in regards to relationships. You see marriage as the goal of a relationship, but I don't think any tangible thing should be a goal; I think the couple should just strive to be "happy," whatever that means to them specifically. :manny:

Assuming you're married (I don't know if you are) would you love your wife less is she never wanted to get married, but still wanted to have the same husband/wife relationship? I don't know if I'm wording that correctly

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Again, no one has to qualify anything to me or anyone else here and I never said nor implied otherwise.

So stop all this psuedo shyt. :wtf: :laugh:

Here's where your example fukks up and shows your self inflated ego of importance: A professor is in charge of a student's grade. You control nothing, absolutely jack shyt when it comes to someone else's personal life. You or anyone else on here so they can answer to you or anyone else any way they want.

So if someone doesn't answer the question the way you want them to, get over it. You're hella bent over something that doesn't concern you, that you're not an authority on in the least bit. :laff:

Got nikkas in here comparin' themselves to university professors and shyt when you're really just as random as the crackhead chillin' on the corner. :dead:

YaBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The marriage solidifies that trust.

As for your barber analogy. If you've been going to him for years and it comes time for him to go take his licensing test and he says "naw I'll just keep it the way it is" you're going to loose some trust in him and you might find another barber.

If my barber said that, I would still keep going to him because he's been lining my hair right for years, regardless of the license. The piece of paper isn't going to turn a crap barber into a good one. A good barber is a good barber regardless of the license.

As for the bolded, shouldn't your trust be solidified before you marry? Why would you marry someone you don't trust? If your wife cheats on you, you're going to lose some level of trust in her despite the marriage.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If my barber said that, I would still keep going to him because he's been lining my hair right for years, regardless of the license. The piece of paper isn't going to turn a crap barber into a good one. A good barber is a good barber regardless of the license.

As for the bolded, shouldn't your trust be solidified before you marry? Why would you marry someone you don't trust? If your wife cheats on you, you're going to lose some level of trust in her despite the marriage.

I know you won't admit it because you want your analogy to be right. But if you were going to a guy for years and you know he's eligable to get a liscensed but he can't/won't get one you will start being skeptical. The only way you will keep going to him is if you get extra discount or perks. The same goes with relationships.

Sure you already should trust the person, but writing it down on paper and signing your name to it pledges that trust to yourself your mate and the rest of the world. Saying "I do" want to be with you FOREVER in front a friends, family and the world further solidifies this idea.

YaBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know you won't admit it because you want your analogy to be right. But if you were going to a guy for years and you know he's eligable to get a liscensed but he can't/won't get one you will start being skeptical. The only way you will keep going to him is if you get extra discount or perks. The same goes with relationships.

Sure you already should trust the person, but writing it down on paper and signing your name to it pledges that trust to yourself your mate and the rest of the world. Saying "I do" want to be with you FOREVER in front a friends, family and the world further solidifies this idea.

There's nothing to admit. A good barber is a good barber regardless of the license just like a good s/o if a good s/o regardless of a marriage license.

And trust comes from time and experiences. Being at a point where you would potentially marry someone means that the trust/love is already solidified in the relatinoship. You can want to be with someone FOREVER without feeling the need to be married. Also I don't see why the "world" has anything to do with a two person relationship.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215

I think it's a bad example regarding the barber because and maybe this just personal experience I know barbers that don't have their license that still just as good a job as before. I get what your saying (or moreso what your going for) but on this it doesn't make much sense as long as dude still cuts the same IMO. Maybe you can sue (i dont know honestly) but what does a barber having his license have to do with if he can cut or not?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
YaBoy said:
We seem to have ideological differences in regards to relationships. You see marriage as the goal of a relationship, but I don't think any tangible thing should be a goal; I think the couple should just strive to be "happy," whatever that means to them specifically. :manny:

Assuming you're married (I don't know if you are) would you love your wife less is she never wanted to get married, but still wanted to have the same husband/wife relationship? I don't know if I'm wording that correctly

Close enough. I would leave and find a woman who did want to get married. There's no point to being in a relationship otherwise.