Men who got married, aside from religious grounds....

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop: Were it not for religions putting a name to it, we'd still have something akin to 'marriage' just as in nature. Monogamy/fidelity is not the exclusive realm of humanity or religion.​
again, marriage as WE know it today would not exist HOW WE know it today if it wasnt for the Christian religion. /discussion

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
rapbeats said:
again, marriage as WE know it today would not exist HOW WE know it today if it wasnt for the Christian religion. /discussion

Which is why the institution AS WE KNOW IT TODAY is failing and people are looking for and finding alternatives or opting out of it altogether.​

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
Stop wit the bullshyt....

A lot of people get married cause they don't want to spend there life alone or they feel the right person who fit there criteria in a soul mate..

I'll get married only if my woman loves to fuk, suck, don't argue and help me out financially... till then I'll be myself

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
One more time its not about his cutting skills.

The non-license brings up questions especially since he can seemingly cut good. "What's holding him back" "why doesn't he have a license"

I've gotten my haircut by unlicensed people plenty of times. But I knew I was getting a discount, and I wasn't getting some of the perks I would get from a licensed barber at a licensed shop.

You damn sure wouldn't go down some dudes basement and give him $15-$20 for a cut. If we are relating this to relationships/marriage. You damn sure couldn't get/give your all if you are not married. Some people are ok with not getting/giving "all" some people aren't which is why they get married
I said I understand what you are trying to say but in this instance don't make sense to me. If you would have used a doctor, airline pilit or somebody/thing else more important it would have made more sense IMO nothing more nothing less. Again though I got what you were going for but I see you went emotional and didn't read that or care to understand what I replied to.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I said I understand what you are trying to say but in this instance don't make sense to me. If you would have used a doctor, airline pilit or somebody/thing else more important it would have made more sense IMO nothing more nothing less. Again though I got what you were going for but I see you went emotional and didn't read that or care to understand what I replied to.

First off I didn't make the ananolgy in the first place. I responded to it.

Second, I responded to your post by explaining the logic behind my response to the analogy and i answered your question.

Not sure what type of response you were looking for:manny:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Marriage discussions always got nikkaz
michfight.gif

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
Its clear you are looking to shame dudes for marrying "for the wrong reasons"

If you were really interested in dialogue you wouldn't ignore all the other responses

Its downright bizarre how emotionally invested you are in this

I think you're assigning traits to me that I don't have, and I don't see why it's so hurtful to you for me to point out that there's bad reasons to get married.

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
Maybe I need to draw a diagram for you because you clearly can't follow. My post specifically mentioned people who went beyond the "I want to" reason. Additionally, I guess your simple, non reading, non comprehending behind didn't understand Mr210's post when he clearly said he wasn't married but his "I/they wanted to" post was just what he thought a would be a logical response from married men.

The original post that I quoted you on was in reference to @Hacksaw Jim Thuggin where he gave reasons beyond "I wanted to" and then you went on to try to belittle his reason. Get over yourself you douche.

:rudy: I'm the self important one?

I criticized his reasons because they still don't really explain the marriage part to me. I could see entering into a relationship with someone for those reasons, but not marrying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
This thread is 8 pages long and there is at least one well thought out answer on each page. Some pages have multiple good answers.

What is it exactly you are looking for? Some people said its love, some people said its symbolic, some people said its for legal reasons. What more do you need?

All of those things would be a good basis for a long term committed relationship. I just don't see the need to involve a contract as a result.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
All of those things would be a good basis for a long term committed relationship. I just don't see the need to involve a contract as a result.

That's your opinion, but it doesn't make their answers invalid. Plenty of people do see the need for a contract. Other people see the need to make that pledge with their god. You've made it clear on multiple occasions that you are against marriage, so why are you always in these threads? Are you trying to convince others or yourself that marriage is bad?

The contract of marriage is purely legal. American society dictates that it's very difficult to raise a family properly without that contract. You can ignore that fact if you want but that won't change it:manny:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

bruh...you asked us 'why'...we (I) told you...

ive said multiple times in this thread that....yes...you can have all of these things without the contract...but i wanted to get married anyway...for the reasons ive laid out for you atleast 3 times already....

now at this point...i gotta figure you trolling...

nothing said here is gonna convince you otherwise about marriage...except like ive stated before....time...and no it has nothing to do with fear....i was never afraid of being alone...and marriage is no protection from being alone later in life anyway...your perspective on commitment/marriage may change with time...that what i meant

i suspect you knew that thats what i meant...but like i said youre trolling...

and that being the case...im done

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Stop wit the bullshyt....

A lot of people get married cause they don't want to spend there life alone
i honestly believe that to the common man marriage is a concession he makes to appease a woman. by that i mean if the woman of his dreams flat out told him we can just be together and we never have to walk down an aisle or sign some paper because our bond is deeper than that you wouldn't hear any protest from him.

he wouldn't suddenly break it off with her like damn if you don't wanna get married i can't fukk with you.

i don't think many men actually want to get married. they may want a lifelong bond with a woman but that's not marriage that's a bond and it exist before they get married not because of it.

its cats in this thread talking that one day you'll fold on marriage because if you don't you'll be alone for the rest of your life cause no woman is gonna accept a long term with no marriage. fukk that to me i'd rather be alone till i die than fold on marriage. its a trap.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
First off I didn't make the ananolgy in the first place. I responded to it.

Second, I responded to your post by explaining the logic behind my response to the analogy and i answered your question.

Not sure what type of response you were looking for:manny:
Wasnt looking for one at all just was saying why I didn't agree with it and you came back and added more. Just disagreement that's all.