Men who got married, aside from religious grounds....

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I think you're assigning traits to me that I don't have, and I don't see why it's so hurtful to you for me to point out that there's bad reasons to get married.
Hurtful? :heh: Now who is projecting

Its just bizarre how much of an interest you take in failed and "wrong reason" marriages, considering, I'm guessing, you have no plans to marry. I keep asking you these two questions and you keep ducking them so I am going to ask you to not respond to me until you answer these questions to a standard I deem acceptable (since thats a thing here now):

- Why does anyone owe you any explanation on anything? It's not even your thread :heh:
- How does the marriage of someone you will never meet affect you so much that you have to spend all this time thinking and talking about it????

If you can't answer these questions don't respond to me in this thread

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
that's not marriage

marriage is

you could potentially live with that woman for the rest of your life and never sign such a contract. the truth is you know she won't accept that and at some point if you don't sign that contract you're gonna lose her.

your signing of such a contract doesn't let her know she's not just live in box it simply exposes you to whatever penalties await you should your relationship fail.
You dont have to have your marriage recognized in the eyes of the law for it to be official... but thanks for playing

Imagine if you dudes put all this energy into something that actually affects you :ohhh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:whoa: I wasn't talking about religious reasons.

I don't really see how such an easily dissolved contract (relatively speaking) really means much of anything these days. It's actually sad, really. I don't see the point in taking such a huge risk with the way people act. There's so much to lose, and I just don't see a whole lot to gain.

Well that's why people were telling you, that you need time and some experience/maturity before you will understand. If all you can think of about marriage is what you personally might gain or loose then you are not ready for the idea of getting married much less going through with it. Some people never are:yeshrug:

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
Hurtful? :heh: Now who is projecting

Its just bizarre how much of an interest you take in failed and "wrong reason" marriages, considering, I'm guessing, you have no plans to marry. I keep asking you these two questions and you keep ducking them so I am going to ask you to not respond to me until you answer these questions to a standard I deem acceptable (since thats a thing here now):

- Why does anyone owe you any explanation on anything? It's not even your thread :heh:
- How does the marriage of someone you will never meet affect you so much that you have to spend all this time thinking and talking about it????

If you can't answer these questions don't respond to me in this thread

1) You're needlessly nitpicking my word usage, but let's address this completely meaningless issue: If you're going to answer a question, you should give an answer that's more viable than "because I wanted to" because that's something that's given. Of course the person answering the question wanted to, but what built that want? I answered this elsewhere in the thread. And what makes the thread to belong to someone? I'm reading the thread to get an answer out of someone. Why would I not be allowed to respond by asking for a clearer answer? :aicmon:

2) Why does it matter to you that I tell people that marriage is an extremely pointless risk? Could my reasoning be that I don't like seeing people get screwed over or file themselves into boring lives just because that's what they were told that's what they were supposed to do? I point out that it's not really necessary and an outdated institution in order to keep them from making such a possibly huge mistake for those reasons, maybe? No, wait. I'm thinking you really want me to have some personal issue with it (I don't). You want me to have a personal issue with it so you can respond by referencing this mythical issue so you don't have to actually argue against what I'm saying. Sorry, breh. Marriage is just outdated, overly risky, and wrong for a lot more people than people on this board are willing to come to terms with.

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
Well that's why people were telling you, that you need time and some experience/maturity before you will understand. If all you can think of about marriage is what you personally might gain or loose then you are not ready for the idea of getting married much less going through with it. Some people never are:yeshrug:

Why is it a sign of maturity to sign a contract? People in their teens get married pretty often.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1) You're needlessly nitpicking my word usage, but let's address this completely meaningless issue: If you're going to answer a question, you should give an answer that's more viable than "because I wanted to" because that's something that's given. Of course the person answering the question wanted to, but what built that want? I answered this elsewhere in the thread. And what makes the thread to belong to someone? I'm reading the thread to get an answer out of someone. Why would I not be allowed to respond by asking for a clearer answer? :aicmon:

2) Why does it matter to you that I tell people that marriage is an extremely pointless risk? Could my reasoning be that I don't like seeing people get screwed over or file themselves into boring lives just because that's what they were told that's what they were supposed to do? I point out that it's not really necessary and an outdated institution in order to keep them from making such a possibly huge mistake for those reasons, maybe? No, wait. I'm thinking you really want me to have some personal issue with it (I don't). You want me to have a personal issue with it so you can respond by referencing this mythical issue so you don't have to actually argue against what I'm saying. Sorry, breh. Marriage is just outdated, overly risky, and wrong for a lot more people than people on this board are willing to come to terms with.
I'm nitpicking? :mjpls:

"I don't know you, your wife, your marriage, your values our your life, but because you didn't engage me in the way I wanted or answer my obviously loaded questions in the way I wanted, i'm gonna write off your whole marriage"

I can't imagine why nobody takes you seriously... It's baffling

Sent from handheld Minority Report console

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why is it a sign of maturity to sign a contract? People in their teens get married pretty often.

It's a sign of maturity to understand the significance and intricacy of marriage. The contract is just the legal part of it.

And you're right plenty of young people get married and they are also more likely to get a divorce. I wonder why that is :ohhh:

iamstr8fire

Apex Predator
Daps
Reppin
In The Thunder and Rain
marriage uses a relationship as leverage to obtain a signature on a contract that says if the relationship fails the breadwinner (likely the man) will surrender half of all they own whether or not the other person helped to obtain it and in some cases will require the lesser of the income individuals to receive monthly payments from the greater.

i don't really think anyone hates marriage as much as they hate the terms one has to face when ending a marriage. remove those penalties and nobody would give a shyt.

oh yeah and no fault divorce. your wife cheats on you and defiles your marriage and you file for divorce if you're the breadwinner you're paying out.

I'm not making any judgements about you (age, experience, etc) here but I'll say this. When I was younger (late teens/earlier 20's) I thought pretty much the same way as you. To the point where I was pretty sure I'd never get married.

Then I met someone who was my intellectual equal, attractive, and selfless. She has her flaws like anybody else but for my money I wouldn't want anyone else as a partner. I'm going to make the next points strictly because you guys seem to only focus on the potential financial loss.

1) We bank about 75% of my wife's salary in a joint savings account. I'm talking straight off the top. Neither of us was in a position to toss that kind of money into savings or investments prior to pooling our money. It has accelerated my savings goals by 4 yrs easily. I would've had to literally double my take home pay to even think about that.

2) My 30th birthday was 2 weeks ago. For my birthday my wife (from her own money) saved up and planned a surprise trip to Vegas with me and her. On that trip she planned a helicopter tour, limo service from our hotel, dinners, and an exotic car driving experience (Lamborghini and Ferrari). All without my knowledge :ooh: :chicmelon:.

Those are 2 incredible things that honestly would've never happened to me if I were single. All I can say is if the opportunity presents itself you don't pass it up because you're worried about alimony.

I'm fully aware of what could happen in the marriage from a negative perspective (cheating, boredom, etc) but I've never been the type to worry myself with the woe is me what if scenarios.

Either way be easy breh :smugbiden:

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
I'm nitpicking? :mjpls:

"I don't know you, your wife, your marriage, your values our your life, but because you didn't engage me in the way I wanted or answer my obviously loaded questions in the way I wanted, i'm gonna write off your whole marriage"

I can't imagine why nobody takes you seriously... It's baffling

Sent from handheld Minority Report console

I can't believe you're still defending a shytty answer when someone asked for clarification. Just because you've never been able to counter my sources, arguments, let alone answer any of my questions clearly, doesn't mean that you have to get butthurt over it. It's okay, you'll come around to a moment of clarity any day now. :smugdraper:

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
It's a sign of maturity to understand the significance and intricacy of marriage. The contract is just the legal part of it.

And you're right plenty of young people get married and they are also more likely to get a divorce. I wonder why that is :ohhh:

:manny: Seems like a nominal thing above all else when all is said and done. Agree to disagree.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
rapbeats said:
its not failing. people dont want to WORK at it.

That's what all of us who have been/are married have been saying for the last few pages. People just aren't seeing it and typing a pamphlet to express that sentiment will do the exact opposite of your intent as most of the anti-marriage folks have the attention-span of a spare tire.​

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I can't believe you're still defending a shytty answer when someone asked for clarification. Just because you've never been able to counter my sources, arguments, let alone answer any of my questions clearly, doesn't mean that you have to get butthurt over it. It's okay, you'll come around to a moment of clarity any day now. :smugdraper:
And what will that moment of clarity be, again, since you know me, my wife, my life, my situation and my marriage better than I do based on a couple dozen posts on a message board?

And how come you haven't responded to any of the good answers (many of which echo my sentiments)?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
marriage uses a relationship as leverage to obtain a signature on a contract that says if the relationship fails the breadwinner (likely the man) will surrender half of all they own whether or not the other person helped to obtain it and in some cases will require the lesser of the income individuals to receive monthly payments from the greater.

i don't really think anyone hates marriage as much as they hate the terms one has to face when ending a marriage. remove those penalties and nobody would give a shyt.

oh yeah and no fault divorce. your wife cheats on you and defiles your marriage and you file for divorce if you're the breadwinner you're paying out.

This isn't how divorce works

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
And what will that moment of clarity be, again, since you know me, my wife, my life, my situation and my marriage better than I do based on a couple dozen posts on a message board?

And how come you haven't responded to any of the good answers (many of which echo my sentiments)?

I did. You're just declaring them bad answers because you have no rebuttal.

:heh: at you for acting like everyone else is devoting too much energy to disagreeing with the idea of marriage while being surprised that I didn't spend my entire weekend posting on the coli about it.