men who drive crappy cars

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Last time i checked, clothing and housing were necessities for everyone.. a car, not so much. Pushing a 70k+ whip while having no furniture and a fridge with only a half bottle of ketchup just screams that you're a person with fukked up priorities. Think about the amount of time you spend in a car vs the time spend in your house or comfortable clothing. Not saying you can't have a nice whip, but if it comes at the expense of a necessity then you need to reevaluate your priorities.
See this is my point, everyone that drives these unnecessary cars, just like cars. How is it something wrong with how people choose to spend their money?

You shouldn't look down on a person if they spend 80k on a car and you 20, just like they shouldn't look down on you if you spent 300k on a house and he spent 100k.. my point is, whatever you spend your money on, it should be kept up, grown ups shouldn't have raggedy dirty cars just like their house shouldn't be falling apart and filthy

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
If the bus system was better in Vaughan I'd get rid of my car.

Such a waste of money and these high insurance rates.

Sad thing is you go to many low income areas and dudes have Benz and BMWs and Audi's yet are living in the slums
Flossing on instagram with no linkedin page.

:laff:

It's funny this how shyt goes tho, ppl always tryina keep up with the monied folk. Recognize where you are and be practical. You can't compete with people who are worth 7-8 figures. A luxury car is affordable in their case. They can splurge on that porsche/aston martin/etc.

Put that 30k towards upgrading your home which we did. That shyt will pay the fukk off once we put it back on the market. TRUST ME.

muse

thats 2 kids! im out!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chi sagittarii
nah just letting you know how flawed and fukking stupid your own logic is...:beli: Any person that gotta look up what they were insulted with is dumb as fukk...FOH with this thread..

:mjlol:
be a grown ass man on a sports and hip hop forum knowing about tegan and sara, brehs

fukk outta here homo

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Good points. :ehh: I agree about priorities.

Now back to mine.

Your clothes serve one purpose, so why not wear the cheapest ones?
Your house serves one purpose, so why not buy the smallest one?

Simple, cause sometimes we want nice shyt. Sometimes we want steak instead of meatloaf. Life isn't about checking off our necessities and stopping there. Having a nice car, clothes, food, etc... is capitalism's way of rewarding us for a job well done. I mean shyt if we HAVE to work for a living, may as well make it worth it, right? Nobody here would drive a beat up old rust-bucket over a brand new loaded out Maxima if they cost the same amount; they just wouldn't. That's why this "a car is strictly for point a to point b" rhetoric is nonsense.
If I have to explain to you the difference between an occasional $50 meal, or a $200 pair of shoes and a 5 figure purchase with monthly payments you're gonna be married to for years then why bother?

Also, capitalism is not "rewarding" you for anything.. it's fukking you. I find this mindset of feeling "rewarded" for work done, in what is more often than not, an unfair exchange for payment, slightly disturbing.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
If I have to explain to you the difference between an occasional $50 meal, or a $200 pair of shoes and a 5 figure purchase with monthly payments you're gonna be married to for years then why bother?

Also, capitalism is not "rewarding" you for anything.. it's fukking you. I find this mindset of feeling "rewarded" for work done, in what is more often than not, an unfair exchange for payment, slightly disturbing.
Capitalism is royally fukking us over breh i don't even know wtf that nikka talmbout.

I'm just getting fukked over a little less than the average :pachaha: :snoop:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
We all like noce things. But getting from point A to point B is what should matter
Who cares? Point a to b and I'm fine.

I saw a CAC at my work get out of some old rust bucket, I saw that same cac later in the day sitting in a office with director under his name.
The most expensive mansion ive ever set foot in was owned by a guy driving the same VW Passat I drive.As a matter of fact mine looked way better than his

As long as it's paid for and it runs, I wouldn't care what kind of car he had. My car ain't shyt but it's paid for. fukk having a car payment.
I havent had a car payment in many years. Sh!t feels good :ohlawd:
But im gettign to the point where i may need to get another car soon. Sh!t keeps breaking down in mine :to:

It's been a good wild 10 years in the vDub but all things come to an end eventually :mjcry:
i014732.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Still fun to drive but too many issues coming up every now and then

Last edited:

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
I drive a '12 altima, fully paid off, leather seats and sunroof.

I still feel a Lil soft for being too cheap to get something more aggressive and stylish.
I was thinking about the long run though and put the materialistic shyt to the side

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps

I'm trying to figure out where you're coming from breh, and I think it just comes down to you don't like nice cars. :manny: That's a fine stance to take, I don't really care for nice clothes but I can understand someone who does like nice clothes spending money on them. IMO, there's no difference between splurging on x vs splurging on y. It's all about priorities, like you said before.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:
be a grown ass man on a sports and hip hop forum knowing about tegan and sara, brehs

fukk outta here homo

Be a grown ass woman and can't even make the premisses of her own argument make sense. Now knowing about musicians is gay? :umad:

Be on a hip-hop forum talking about what men should and shouldn't be driving, when you push a :flabbynsick: Toyota, with a corroded frame and a shyt ignition coil. fukk outa here and work on keeping CPS off you :ufdup:.

:russ: You're a bonafide idiot.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Capitalism is royally fukking us over breh i don't even know wtf that nikka talmbout.

I'm just getting fukked over a little less than the average :pachaha: :snoop:

Well get a better situation then.

Capitalism is treating me like a king; I'm grossly overpaid for the work that I do. I don't expect it to last much longer but for now, I really can't complain.

:manny:

muse

thats 2 kids! im out!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chi sagittarii
Be a grown ass woman and can't even make the premisses of her own argument make sense. Now knowing about musicians is gay? :umad:

Be on a hip-hop forum talking about what men should and shouldn't be driving, when you push a :flabbynsick: Toyota, with a corroded frame and a shyt ignition coil. fukk outa here and work on keeping CPS off you :ufdup:.

:russ: You're a bonafide idiot.

:russ:

what the fukk is your gay dumb ass talking about?
premisses. white non hip hop musicians. cps. corroded frames. :mjlol: im done with you, good luck in life

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Well get a better situation then.

Capitalism is treating me like a king; I'm grossly overpaid for the work that I do. I don't expect it to last much longer but for now, I really can't complain.

:manny:
My nikka I'm in corporate sales, work flexible hours (usually 9-4:30pm), literally no supervision, report to the CEO and made 125k last year.

HE is making millions as the founder/CEO.

I KNOW I'm getting fukked over. It's all perception. I need to get to that 300-500k zone where I can live comfortably :manny:

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
I'm trying to figure out where you're coming from breh, and I think it just comes down to you don't like nice cars. :manny: That's a fine stance to take, I don't really care for nice clothes but I can understand someone who does like nice clothes spending money on them. IMO, there's no difference between splurging on x vs splurging on y. It's all about priorities, like you said before.
On the contrary.... I LOVE cars, but my finances at the moment don't allow for the car I want, so I'll stick with Japanese economy sedans until they are in order.. That's not to say I don't plan on driving an ///F82 off the showroom floor my 33rd birthday... but as I mentioned earlier.. priorities.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
My nikka I'm in corporate sales, work flexible hours (usually 9-4:30pm), literally no supervision, report to the CEO and made 125k last year.

HE is making millions as the founder/CEO.

I KNOW I'm getting fukked over. It's all perception. I need to get to that 300-500k zone where I can live comfortably :manny:

Breh... :snoop:

There is a WIDE range between "not being rich" and "getting fukked over". You need a reality check.

But I feel you. I want more money too, just don't wanna work for it. :sadcam: