men who drive crappy cars

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Who cares? Point a to b and I'm fine.

I saw a CAC at my work get out of some old rust bucket, I saw that same cac later in the day sitting in a office with director under his name.

the CFO at my old job drove a rusted out old toyota avalon.

on occassion, he'd whip out his new lexus tho. but it was pretty much a given you'd see him driving that old ass whip tho on the regular.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
As I posted earlier its dumb to drain your bank account for a nice car.

HOWEVER if you have enough disposable income and a passion for nice cars, buying would still be horrific in my opinion.

The life cycle of most new cars is 3-4 years (im no car expert), that nice 2008 335 BMW became :ld: by the time they switched to the new bodies, not to mention the expensive maintenance costs.

Might as well lease, cash in cash out, that way you're always trading in for the newest joints.

As i grow older my passion for nice cars wanes, it was a phase (22-28) and even then i only copped an Acura so nothing too crazy. Now I'm all about securing my future seeds futures, ensuring I have the dollars to take care of my recurring expenses, travel (very important as i get older), help my extended family when needed, and invest.

I aint one to shame people who don't get it, because eventually they will find out real quick its not cool to dedicate 60% of your paycheque to your car note. It's draining.

:manny: just rambling but i think yall get what im tryina say.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
If the bus system was better in Vaughan I'd get rid of my car.

Such a waste of money and these high insurance rates.

Sad thing is you go to many low income areas and dudes have Benz and BMWs and Audi's yet are living in the slums

As I posted earlier its dumb to drain your bank account for a nice car.

HOWEVER if you have enough disposable income and a passion for nice cars, buying would still be horrific in my opinion.

The life cycle of most new cars is 3-4 years (im no car expert), that nice 2008 335 BMW became :ld: by the time they switched to the new bodies, not to mention the expensive maintenance costs.

Might as well lease, cash in cash out, that way you're always trading in for the newest joints.

As i grow older my passion for nice cars wanes, it was a phase (22-28) and even then i only copped an Acura so nothing too crazy. Now I'm all about securing my future seeds futures, ensuring I have the dollars to take care of my recurring expenses, travel (very important as i get older), help my extended family when needed, and invest.

I aint one to shame people who don't get it, because eventually they will find out real quick its not cool to dedicate 60% of your paycheque to your car note. It's draining.

:manny: just rambling but i think yall get what im tryina say.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
No matter how nice or expensive a car is, it still serves one purpose; get you form point A to B.

:childplease:

Same could be said of clothing (one purpose) or where you live (one purpose).... unless you're trying to impress someone... :usure:.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
I got a bad habbit of buying new cars cause I like to ( 02' 05 ' 08' 12' 15'). But thru those 5 new car's I've bought during my time at this company, my first Boss/mentor ( a cac) has been driving THE EXACT SAME CAR. i Honestly admire his restraint, he keeps it clean and in good shape, drives it almost every day. I couldn't imagine what I'd do without a car note for that many years.:lupe:

I gotta get in the same mindframe at some point. That 600 a month could be used on so many other things. I just consider a new car a luxury that I'm willing to pay for. :yeshrug:

muse

thats 2 kids! im out!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chi sagittarii
4 Runner is a man's car, obviously poverty stricken, cooter-bumping, obese, bull dyke :scusthov:

Take your ole Tegan & Sara ass outa here :camby:

motherfukker this my thread?!
a 4runner is a man's car. mine sexy as hell, :umad:
poverty stricken? stop stringing random words together. and tegan and sara? any people i gotta look up to understand an insult directed at me lets me know the poster is gay as hell. enjoy your sunfire breh

no harm no foul

@muse

Would it matter if his sunfire was "nice"? The bumper was intact and no dents or scratches. Would it be ok then?

:lupe:

shyt, i think it would be better. its just a feminine car to me. so im wondering is it their mom's, their girlfriends? what man would specifically pick this car to drive?

U didnt mention shyt about money or clothes in your OP. And it was such a shytty post I didnt bother to venture further

Hold that neg.... take it as a lesson to be not just a better poster, but a better woman :banderas:

:laff: dont read the first page of a thread but act like you dropping knowledge

you right, it wasnt in the op, but it was one the first page, the seventh fukking post. and the point still was not to shyt on crappy cars, but some cars need not be driven, period. i somehow got yall all in your ass pulling the feelings out, stench all over the place. you getting this excited about giving out a neg rep is making me uncomfortable, here's some in return

reading is fundamental guys

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
Point A to Point B is a good point. Having pride in your appearance is also a good thing. If its an old beater, it might be a good idea to keep it clean.

Similar to having clean, unwrinkled clothing, and a neat personal appearance. It doesn't have to be the newest clothing...but do your best with it.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you motherfukkers are retarded. by no means was i expecting intelligent dialogue, but the blatant refusal to see my point is just :mindblown:

I get where your coming from, its like a grow man going out day to day in wrinkle white tees, some old blue jeans with holes and some worn out chucks. As a grown man you should be on your grown man ish.... now if all you can afford is a beater to get you from point a to point b, then thats one thing.

But yeah but alot of dudes are in there feelings about this because a car is a expensive investment... at the same time alot of the negro's probably dropping a couple hundred a month on J's or the lastest "High fashion" item to come out that month.

If you got bottles of hundred dollar cologne :usure:

If you got over a dozen pair of J's :usure:

If you got bottles of expensive cologne :usure:

If you got Santoni, Gucci, and Fratelli shoes :usure:

But.
A car is a long term investment that depreciates hard... So I understand dudes being sensitive to it.:francis:

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
:childplease:

Same could be said of clothing (one purpose) or where you live (one purpose).... unless you're trying to impress someone... :usure:.
Last time i checked, clothing and housing were necessities for everyone.. a car, not so much. Pushing a 70k+ whip while having no furniture and a fridge with only a half bottle of ketchup just screams that you're a person with fukked up priorities. Think about the amount of time you spend in a car vs the time spend in your house or comfortable clothing. Not saying you can't have a nice whip, but if it comes at the expense of a necessity then you need to reevaluate your priorities.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly, like there aren't as many 3 job working bad credit dudes with a house, I mean we just had a housing market crash not too long ago, caused by people trying so hard to live this "American Grown up dream" of having an even more expensive house they cant afford..

Just to play devils advocate here..

Why is this the norm for what is excepted, I mean shyt, shouldn't a roof over your head be good enough? why do I have to own a super nice house to be considerd responsible?

Why cant I have an average one or two level house and a 7 series, Why do I have to value my house more, what if I am really into cars, and am single and don't need 7 bathroom house.. Why pay hundreds of thousands for a house just to have a "roof over my head".

I understand having a 100k car and llive at home is kind of stupid, but I don't understand how having a million dollar house and POS car is any better.. and by POS I mean rusty, parts falling off, car is loud you have roll down windows etc...

Here is the best investment of your money IMO, YOURSELF, invest in yourself (education, experiences, traveling) shyt like that to ME is a better use of my hard earned money, cause I can tell you one thing when you are :flabbynsick::old: and too old to enjoy anything, that car that house wont mean shyt, but those experices will always be there...

end rant

I'm in agreement with all of this. No kids, no wife, savings is there, have a nice condo I'm living in, bills paid... fukk it. I'll drive what I want to drive.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Last time i checked, clothing and housing were necessities for everyone.. a car, not so much. Pushing a 70k+ whip while having no furniture and a fridge with only a half bottle of ketchup just screams that you're a person with fukked up priorities. Think about the amount of time you spend in a car vs the time spend in your house or comfortable clothing. Not saying you can't have a nice whip, but if it comes at the expense of a necessity then you need to reevaluate your priorities.

Good points. :ehh: I agree about priorities.

Now back to mine.

Your clothes serve one purpose, so why not wear the cheapest ones?
Your house serves one purpose, so why not buy the smallest one?

Simple, cause sometimes we want nice shyt. Sometimes we want steak instead of meatloaf. Life isn't about checking off our necessities and stopping there. Having a nice car, clothes, food, etc... is capitalism's way of rewarding us for a job well done. I mean shyt if we HAVE to work for a living, may as well make it worth it, right? Nobody here would drive a beat up old rust-bucket over a brand new loaded out Maxima if they cost the same amount; they just wouldn't. That's why this "a car is strictly for point a to point b" rhetoric is nonsense.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
motherfukker this my thread?!
a 4runner is a man's car. mine sexy as hell, :umad:
poverty stricken? stop stringing random words together. and tegan and sara? any people i gotta look up to understand an insult directed at me lets me know the poster is gay as hell. enjoy your sunfire breh

no harm no foul

nah just letting you know how flawed and fukking stupid your own logic is...:beli: Any person that gotta look up what they were insulted with is dumb as fukk...FOH with this thread..

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good points. :ehh: I agree about priorities.

Now back to mine.

Your clothes serve one purpose, so why not wear the cheapest ones?
Your house serves one purpose, so why not buy the smallest one?

Simple, cause sometimes we want nice shyt. Sometimes we want steak instead of meatloaf. Life isn't about checking off our necessities and stopping there. Having a nice car, clothes, food, etc... is capitalism's way of rewarding us for a job well done. I mean shyt if we HAVE to work for a living, may as well make it worth it, right? Nobody here would drive a beat up old rust-bucket over a brand new loaded out Maxima if they cost the same amount; they just wouldn't. That's why this "a car is strictly for point a to point b" rhetoric is nonsense.

This is how I feel

It depends on whats important to you.

If you can't pay a house or car note, they gonna come take both them ish away from you either which way.

I'd say its way more important to get a house, but that might be a house you are buying in the hood or just a weak house that you gonna pay on for 20-40 years. A car isn't worth half of what you paid for it as soon as you drive off in it. Its a quarter of the time as far as an investment goes.

If you have a wife or kids you might not want to get that coupe.... and focus on a home

If your a single male in your 30's you might get that coupe and not worry about buying a home

Last edited: