men who drive crappy cars

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
That Toronto housing market is good for real estate developers, but those costs are insanity.

600k for like a 900 square foot apartment.

:merchant:

I just hope the market doesn't crash anytime soon so people can resell those and get out from that.
But can you imagine a 900k condominium? :dwillhuh: That's what Toronto is heading toward
Dog ppl been saying there will be a crash for 8 years.

Not in Ontario breh. It's just not gonna happen.

Whole city been overpriced but its expanding rapidly. As a homeowner you would be :blessed: but also :snoop: because that home you want to upgrade to appreciated at the same rate.

:smh:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I kind of agree with OP is saying. Just because you have an old(er) car doesn't mean it has to look like shyt. I do also agree that if you're going to wear nice clothing, you shouldn't be getting out of a raggedy, banged up ass car.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Whole city been overpriced but its expanding rapidly. As a homeowner you would be :blessed: but also :snoop: because that home you want to upgrade to appreciated at the same rate.

Nobody thinks the market can crash until it does.

But history is not on your side, breh.

Or that stuff only happens in America, right?

:comeon:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The interest rate is low so people gulp it up, many just living paycheck to paycheck if those rates go up even apercent or two can be an added like 600 bucks a month on a mortgage.

Example when I moved to woodbridge housing prices were like 500-600k, same houses 6 years later are like 1-1.2 mill

Nothing has changed

If I had 1.2 mill to spend on a house hell

And yeah even condos are outrageous now avg condo is like 400k now, and you have to pay monthly maintenance fees.

Nyc is expensive but you have high salaries, good transit etc.

Toronto is expensive with crummy roads, crummy transit, with just OK wages.

That Toronto housing market is good for real estate developers, but those costs are insanity.

600k for like a 900 square foot apartment.

:merchant:

I just hope the market doesn't crash anytime soon so people can resell those and get out from that.
But can you imagine a 900k condominium? :dwillhuh: That's what Toronto is heading toward

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Interest rates go up you'll see a somewhat crash, look at Alberta when oil dropped.

How can the average home be 1 million when the avg household income is like 70k

Just not sustainable.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Nobody thinks the market can crash until it does.

But history is not on your side, breh.

Or that stuff only happens in America, right?

:comeon:
Never say never I know.

But our banks are nowhere near as predatory as yours are.

I think we can agree on that.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Never went clubbing but spent so much money on videogames, and clothes.

Used to pay like 100 bucks for jeans and ish

Now every few months im traveling.

My 30+ brehs..just consider for a second the amount of money spent clubbin in our 20s. :merchant:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i drive a 2005 black honda civic coupe which is one of the cleanest 7th gen honda civics still around with 122950 miles, nobody (especially not the bytches) gives a fukk.

also women like my bass, makes their hair dance and their titties jiggle.
So you got a $4,000 audio system in a $3,500 car?
Are you puerto rican?

:skip:

Jk

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
You and everybody else on the internet seems to know this same guy.

I've never met him.
Man if you check this thread its about 10 such stories. I had quoted them but it was too many my dude. Its like stop it these cats never know people that have both just dudes that got rust buckets and millions FOH. Also most of,these dudes comparing themselves to cats 2/3 decades + older than us stop it. Where else would somebody do that at?
Good points. :ehh: I agree about priorities.

Now back to mine.

Your clothes serve one purpose, so why not wear the cheapest ones?
Your house serves one purpose, so why not buy the smallest one?

Simple, cause sometimes we want nice shyt. Sometimes we want steak instead of meatloaf. Life isn't about checking off our necessities and stopping there. Having a nice car, clothes, food, etc... is capitalism's way of rewarding us for a job well done. I mean shyt if we HAVE to work for a living, may as well make it worth it, right? Nobody here would drive a beat up old rust-bucket over a brand new loaded out Maxima if they cost the same amount; they just wouldn't. That's why this "a car is strictly for point a to point b" rhetoric is nonsense.
Its all bullshyt because like you said dudes hit the powerball tomorrow its not let me keep this a-b car they getting something nice pronto. That's why cats need to just keep it real and say their money ain't right for that type of purchase currently instead of this sounds good stuff they like kicking. We all want nice things its just sometimes a matter of affording them or not.

It's like one poster was saying in that NY gentrification thread... When NY rappers had shyt on lock in the 90s why didn't they purchase real estate/properties? Nah, nikkas gotta floss and stunt, fukk the future, fukk the bigger picture and fukk where you came from.. fukk what made you you.. the same place you go back to to shoot them music videos you wanna sell to white america... Billionaires got no problem giving athletes 8 figure salaries.. that shyt comes right back to them and their kind. If it was being injected back into the black communities and bounced around a few times before in left, it would be a bit different... man :snoop:
Honestly post like this just sound like hater shyt and I know that's not the intention. Why can't the person that always saying what somebody should be doing be in the position to act on all their "knowledge"? They always can tell folks what they should have done, could've done, but yet way more times than not these same people ain't did shyt. That's annoying and just comes off as haterish IMO because its easy real easy to be a critic but to get out there and do the stuff yourself not so much.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
So you got a $4,000 audio system in a $3,500 car?
Are you puerto rican?

:skip:

Jk
:dead:

I remember when i lived in Miami i worked with an olde rlady named Ana. She had this Honda Accord that had (according to her) $13K with of stereo equipment in it.
I love music and sh!t sounded good but $13K, tho? :scust:
Granted she was one of the most mature and smart people i knew bck then. I guess we all have ont thing we overspend on :manny:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Got a 08 accord with 200,000km on it

Just oil changes and tranny drains

Any paint chip just touch up paint

Will keep driving till it dies on me

i drive a 2005 black honda civic coupe which is one of the cleanest 7th gen honda civics still around with 122950 miles, nobody (especially not the bytches) gives a fukk.

also women like my bass, makes their hair dance and their titties jiggle.

muse

thats 2 kids! im out!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chi sagittarii
The biggest house I ever been in was this Jewish lady when I had co op in gr 12. Nothing was inside and she always wore the same thing, she drove a old ass ford Windstar but was living alone in a crib worth like 3 mill at the time

We gotta have the splashy car, 250 dollar shoes, 150 dollar jeans and Ralph Lauren polos. Cacs wearing wranglers, driving a old jeep Cherokee, wearing Walmart polos but living in a big ass crib

:wtf:
thats a horrible example. why have a big ass expensive house, living alone, with nothing inside. she too must be broke as hell. you think thats the actions of a frugal woman? :mjlol:

I kind of agree with OP is saying. Just because you have an old(er) car doesn't mean it has to look like shyt. I do also agree that if you're going to wear nice clothing, you shouldn't be getting out of a raggedy, banged up ass car.

thank you! drive an old ass crappy car, but how your 40 pairs of shoes look cleaner than your car?
i dont understand a man who puts so much work into his appearance and then gets out of a sunfire with paint peeling

a fukking sunfire rettas! ***gif of little black boy crying***