Men of the coli who are 30+ & established,would you date (to marry) a woman who is 30+ & ...?

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'm 24, have a Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Accounting), have started my career (Financial Analyst) and am very reluctant to date retail chicks unless theyre still in school (in a good program).

By the time I'm 30 hell no. Unless she's like a manager at Walmart, Whole Foods or some shyt making at least 50,60K i'd refuse

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
I'm #GMB as fukk :russ:

Because marriage ain't shyt but a title and the government shouldn't have shyt to do with my bedroom. Anyone should be able to identify with that.

I was just telling one of my best friends, an ex gf of mine, that marriage is straight up irritating to discuss a lot of the time. Some women are obsessed with the ring but can't hold a conversation about the necessary communication that they need in a relationship in order for it to be healthy for them. Its cultural. "Put a ring on it" Why? Is that gonna make someone love you more? Is that gonna get you past trust issues? Will that really fulfill your life?

There are lot of women out here that don't even know how to make themselves happy but will run across a freeway for just the idea of commitment.

That you think a marriage is just about what goes on in your bedroom is demonstrative of you being just as plum ignorant as the women you complain about.

A lot of you dudes be straight telling us exactly why you're not fit for purpose. Lazy unimaginative and self centered with a level of arrogance that's without any justification.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It doesn't say anything about them other than they are 30 and live with their parents. The fact that you think it does says more about you than it does about them.

I once spent the summer working at a mall kiosk. A grown ass person working at a mall kiosk? Yup. I worked there because I wanted to open a few. But I wanted to work in one before I invested since I lacked retail experience. :dame:

My brother doesn't have a career. He sits on his ass all day playing on the computer. But I assure you his net worth is more than most people on this forum.

You keep living your life like most and making assumptions. And I will keep living mine asking questions. Asking questions has opened many doors for me, but to each his own.
That says a lot.

You can't really downplay it either. I can ask all the questions in the world but the fact remains that you work retail and you're 30. That is just... like, the fukk went wrong? Something BETTER have gone wrong and its temporary. It can't be where you want to be. It shouldn't. There's either a story behind it OR you like retail. Which is fukking absurd in itself. Liking being a taxi driver makes more sense to me.

How does anyone look at another person working minimum wage and say "You know what... I really want to be with someone with zero aspirations and drive to better themselves. Someone with no productive creativity. Someone who's either terrified of leaving the house, or is already content with having explored enough of the world of their own that they can stay at their parents house without pulling their hair out"

That shyt is not something I say "I can't wait to date" Thats the very definition of a red flag.

Would I date a chain smoker? Someone missing a leg? Someone who lets their dog slob them on the mouth? Someone who voted for McCain? Someone who's never left their hometown?

Maybe. But those are all massive red flags that'd require a hell of a total package and string of amazing events that'd lead me to look the other way as well.

The rest of the brehs here need to raise their standards and stop settling. Want more. Upfront.

:rudy:

All these "I just want a nice personality" dudes :scusthov: yal full of shyt and soft. :camby:

not saying you're wrong for wanting it, just saying you're wrong for hoping to settle right out the gates.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
I don't know. People make it seem like men don't care if a woman has a degree or career, she just has to look good.
she better have skills in the house and kitchen and know how to suck a good dikk if not :camby: bushes
Men bring home the bacon and woman cook it but if the bacon is burnt it aint gon work

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Been thinking bout this shyt lately because I met two women who opened me up, and once again, single mothers with retail jobs:shaq2:

Like im destined to link up with a mediocre bish. I gotta hustle my ass off and stat!

By the way, nothing wrong with getting a 30+ chick working some menial job. Maybe she is between situations or is working something that allows her time

to go to school. It's not an automatic dis-qualifier, and I wouldn't be one to talk cause im 28 in the same position now. It feels like shyt to be that old and making

practically no money, so a woman 30+ in that position is either humbled b y her lot in life, or she lived fast as fukk and is now paying for it. The former can be great

women:ehh:I've met quite a few. :ufdup:Be warned though, brehs. Very few are in shape. Many aspects of their personality reveal why they are where they are.
as a black man it is hard to find career driven, attractive black women.

one i found (when she was a student...now does research for Health Canada) moved a year after met :sadcam:.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Elitist ass people man. You'd think the norm was for everyone to be balling and have multiple degrees. :smh:

Most people are out here struggling to make it check to check.

But whats even worst to me is when you have a education and a decent job and are still doing the same damn thing that the mc Donald and walmart workers with no degree and a job are doing. What does that say about you at that point?

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
Can't really date down like that because I want to set my kids up to be better off than I was just like my parents did for my sister and I.

EH, now I reread and it said 30+ with retail job, nah can't do that fam. If she was 22 or something she could grow but I can't do anything with a grown ass woman. :francis:

It took long enough to mention children. I think men need to ask themselves what type of woman they want raising they kids.

I want to be a tiger mom. I want so much for my children which is why I have to be picky about the man I marry because there is a high correlation between the status of the man and the outcome of the children. If your baby daddy or husband is dusty that dusty will cost your kids.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Would you date a woman who is 30+ and works as a retail associate?

What about fast food, and those other little dead end jobs?

*She has no degree
*She lives with her parents

I know that majority of women would say no unless they are in the same position.

Came back to add, state your age, if you have a degree, and if you have a career.

& No, I'm not talking about fcking, I'm talking about dating, looking for a wife and mother of your children.

IF YOU ARE NOT AN ESTABLISHED 30+, WITH A DEGREE & A CAREER, THEN DO NOT ANSER THE QUESTION. THANKS :queen:

This thread was inspired by a thread from another site. lsa
Not many guys with bread are gonna marry a black woman without bread, no offense...

But brothers with sense know the community is very matirarchal

Money is the #1 goal for most men and women.

It's not financially smart to date a broke sister if you have money, if you don't have money then it's fine.

You always want to find your equal

The white community is different because of the massive respect white men get across the board.

You got to factor in culture too

Black males are the only group not seen as men in the community, brothers with money aren't stupid and usually won't risk this.

Alot of women black women who want men with bread get it by child support and so forth, most aren't married to these dudes, these dudes don't marry them.

Pay attention to trends.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
That you think a marriage is just about what goes on in your bedroom is demonstrative of you being just as plum ignorant as the women you complain about.

A lot of you dudes be straight telling us exactly why you're not fit for purpose. Lazy unimaginative and self centered with a level of arrogance that's without any justification.
Its a metaphor. :snoop:

Why should the government be involved in any of my relationships? Any of yours?

Explain that. You want a serious relationship? By all fukking means travel to Zimbabwe and have the most dignified priest you can to recognize your union under heaven. But under no circumstance do you let a lawyer anywhere near that shyt. Marriage is a business decision. A lot of people getting married can barely handle the romantic aspect, let alone the financial side. Don't try to lump me in with some lame preconceived idea just to fit a narrative I never directly contributed to.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
That line of thinking right there...

I cannot fukk with that mindset.
There's cats digging through landfills all over the world. Unemployment rate among black people is sky high. I'm not about to assume the negative about someone because they're working fast food. I WILL look down on someone who'd rather not work than work fast food.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
There's cats digging through landfills all over the world. Unemployment rate among black people is sky high. I'm not about to assume the negative about someone because they're working fast food. I WILL look down on someone who'd rather not work than work fast food.
Again, as I said before, I'd probably be more okay with someone doing some off-the-wall shyt like whaling, landscaping, or acting as a "beauty consultant" than someone who's made the decision to work minimum wage like its the only option left on the table.

It almost never is.