Men of the coli who are 30+ & established,would you date (to marry) a woman who is 30+ & ...?

Daps
Since the 60's professionals have steadily married professionals like themselves. Even moreso today. Those of you who believe that most people still marry down are deluding yourselves, and spare me the anecdotal stories.

Professionals today realise it's better to pool resources with a partner on their level or higher than marry down. Keep thinking this is solely a man vs woman thing and not focus on the economic reality behind this trend.

:coffee:

Family Man

Banned
Daps
No. The woman I would date can't be broke. I'm accustomed to a certain lifestyle and she has to be able to afford me.
Whatever qualities the retail associate has that I find desirable, I can find those same qualities in a woman with money.

BTW, broke men shouldn't even be in the dating pool either.

Last edited:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Again, as I said before, I'd probably be more okay with someone doing some off-the-wall shyt like whaling, landscaping, or acting as a "beauty consultant" than someone who's made the decision to work minimum wage like its the only option left on the table.

It almost never is.

I'm with this. :ehh:

It's not a requirement for me but I like where your mind's at :ohhh:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Would you date a woman who is 30+ and works as a retail associate?

What about fast food, and those other little dead end jobs?

*She has no degree
*She lives with her parents

I know that majority of women would say no unless they are in the same position.

Came back to add, state your age, if you have a degree, and if you have a career.

& No, I'm not talking about fcking, I'm talking about dating, looking for a wife and mother of your children.

IF YOU ARE NOT AN ESTABLISHED 30+, WITH A DEGREE & A CAREER, THEN DO NOT ANSER THE QUESTION. THANKS :queen:

This thread was inspired by a thread from another site. lsa

If you are a man and you need to come to the Coli for life altering advice, first and foremost you need to find a better site :heh: With that being said: Do you like her? Does she appeal to you personality wise? Can you see her becoming a long term thing? If so then f*ck what anybody else has to say :obama:

Imlinkin

Banned
Daps
Nah.

:camby:

Lowkey you'll be:cape:
her.

Shout out to PT cruiser head:

Another poster said it best, all women have to have its a wet box. A female can be lame, broke, corny, unfaithful, boring, etc

:pachaha:

Supply and demand breh. The market is oversatursted with dix..
Pause. Even my less attractive female friends get hit with 40 offers walking a city block

Can i help you with your groceries mam?
Translation: can I help you with some dix?
:myman:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It took long enough to mention children. I think men need to ask themselves what type of woman they want raising they kids.

I want to be a tiger mom. I want so much for my children which is why I have to be picky about the man I marry because there is a high correlation between the status of the man and the outcome of the children. If your baby daddy or husband is dusty that dusty will cost your kids.

What's a tiger mom?

Yeah I mean think of stuff like things they need for school, medical stuff like braces, that shyt costs and you need money for that sort of stuff.

Also I do certainly look at the demeanor of the women I date for perhaps a future family.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
lol....don't hate :umad:

Hell yea my wife is dependant on me, she has my kid and so does my ex...they both belong to me juse like both of my kids belong to me, I'm the head of my household and I provide...they cook and clean, we all have our roles..

It always be the single females complaining about married women who are being taken care of LOL:steviej:

my wifes cousin who is single with 4 kids-"Girl, dont' let no man tell you what to do, dont eva submit"

my wife-"But you're single and on WIC/walfare and living a life of struggle with no man in sight....:wtf:"

:russ:...one way or another, black women gone learn..yea, u gone learn..[/furious styles]
So we should just let our "husbands" cheat on us, get their ex-gfs pregnant, and then allow them to move those ex-gfs into our home? :laff:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It took long enough to mention children. I think men need to ask themselves what type of woman they want raising they kids.

I want to be a tiger mom. I want so much for my children which is why I have to be picky about the man I marry because there is a high correlation between the status of the man and the outcome of the children. If your baby daddy or husband is dusty that dusty will cost your kids.
:dead::dead::dead:

How about someone who's not living with her mom at 30 years old and working at Target?

:rudy:

"but all men"

you just as bad @DrX :camby:

|r|e|a|d|

Hail!!
Daps
Reppin
PJ's to the Burbs
:flabbynsick:
Degree
Professional for the past dozen years

It depends on a few factors if we talking walmart, target, right aid i might see wha that mouth do but I'm not taking her but so serious. If we talking Macys, Best Buy shyt like that or she is doing higher end retail like selling cars on something commission based she has a better chance at least i can use her discount :yeshrug:

Now if she has a kid then the chance drops exponentially unless she is in school because that shows she is working towards something and I respect that. But if she has a kid and has no hustle in herself to make her or her seeds lifes better i have zero respect so she has no chance in hell other than the requisite pump and dump.

And to homegirl talkin about district managers and store managers that doesnt count as they are management which is more stability and more bread.

I aint taking care of sum1 you gotta be able bring something to the table other than a depreciating asset like sum puzzy. I'm trying to build something over here, not judging but :scust:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
I'm not 30+ (27, two degrees, just entered the field which I expect/want to be my career going forward) and I want to answer it anyway, but I don't know if I can because, well, it depends. There's too many questions here.

How does she treat me?

Lack of professional options notwithstanding, is she a good chick, personality/ideals on point with mine?

Is she in her current lot because she hasn't met anyone that has gotten her to want better? Was she not pushed toward the idea of college, just had her hand held?

Am I well-off enough to where none of these things matter so long as she holds me and the household down?

Was she basically trained to be a trophy wife/wannabe heiress or some shyt? Nowhere in OP's opening post does it say that there is no chance of this woman being unable to be molded and inspired to want better than what she has. If there's potential there, then I can see some people considering it.

Basically, I need to know how in the hell did she get into the position she is in. But in general, I'm of the opinion that if you date someone, the intent is to marry. If more people started looking at dating as something serious and future-focused instead of a way to pass time/control somebody/not be alone or to keep some puss/dikk around ... but that's for another thread.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
Again, as I said before, I'd probably be more okay with someone doing some off-the-wall shyt like whaling, landscaping, or acting as a "beauty consultant" than someone who's made the decision to work minimum wage like its the only option left on the table.

It almost never is.

Do you. Me personally I'm not writing someone off immediately because of that. At least not in principle. I never had a chick flipping burgers so this all hypothetical to me :lolbron:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Do you. Me personally I'm not writing someone off immediately because of that. At least not in principle. I never had a chick flipping burgers so this all hypothetical to me :lolbron:
I say find ways to meet more people. Its not writing them off as much as it is finding a weird way to write them in. Do you as well. :manny: