Men of the coli who are 30+ & established,would you date (to marry) a woman who is 30+ & ...?

benjamin

Veteran
Daps
Absolutely not.

A woman being college educated , financially stable, and working a real job instead of at mcdonalds or something is not a "claire underwood ungrateful bytch". That sounds like something and insecure man would say. You want her to dependant on you so you'll be able to control things and because you think she'll worship you.

You sound like @Thomas or @benjamin I forgot his name, but whichever one is married and living with his wife and his pregnant ex gf.

lol....don't hate :umad:

Hell yea my wife is dependant on me, she has my kid and so does my ex...they both belong to me juse like both of my kids belong to me, I'm the head of my household and I provide...they cook and clean, we all have our roles..

It always be the single females complaining about married women who are being taken care of LOL:steviej:

my wifes cousin who is single with 4 kids-"Girl, dont' let no man tell you what to do, dont eva submit"

my wife-"But you're single and on WIC/walfare and living a life of struggle with no man in sight....:wtf:"

:russ:...one way or another, black women gone learn..yea, u gone learn..[/furious styles]

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I would prefer someone who could make a reasonable financial contribution to the household. But if you cant find that and there is a otherwise perfectly good woman working at McDonlads then.....

Maturity.

It's all about the averages. You have to ask yourself what was this chick doing in her 20's that led her to be working as a Walmart cashier at 37? No imminent career path or prospects? At least a 23 year old still has a legit chance. Women always demand the future has his shyt together so it should work both ways. I want a woman that will inspire me to be on top of my game. Dealing with younger women for me it's a must because it's expected.

Most women making minimum wage have maturity issuers by default.

old_timer

Taxi Squad
Daps
i'm not hating and i don't carry grudges
but i had to neg some people to set an example

there's a thousand topics to speak on here @ the coli
why be compelled to offer opinions on things you haven't lived through??

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
My girl 33 and when I met her she was doing retail cause she lost her job.....

But I stuck with her cause

1..she's smart... she's knows what's going on in politics to other shyt going on in society... where most women who work these so called dead end jobs u guys/gals call them are only stuck on ghetto shyt

2..she paid her own bills and knows how to manage her money and never ask me for a penny

3.. loyal and had both her parents in her life...

Now she's a Portuguese/spanish/english assistant at several schools

If U judge people by what job they do u a fool

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:ufdup: @old_timer you just committed a mortal sin. I pop in to contribute and keep a thread from flopping and this is what you do?

This ain't your thread, but shot returned and 1-star off GP. This infraction will be forgiven, but not forgotten.

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
Nope.

I'm not going to do it. I only date women who have something to lose. She's has to bring something to the table, she has to be independent. If I ever have a daughter, I'm raising her to be independent and not to rely or depend on a man. She will be a better woman in the long run. If a 30+ woman is still living at home with her parents without a degree or not working towards one, and she doesn't have some type of disability then she's just lazy and unambitious.... I can't do it. She needs to better herself and not look for a come up or to be saved.

Queen

CEO of #GPB
Daps
Reppin
Truth and logic
I don't look down on retail because I used to do that same 21st century slave shyt when I was younger and it was hell lol

It kills me because if you're there and aren't scrapping to get something better - anything better - then its a red flag to me. I got more respect for the waittress that fakes smiles for the chance a decent night of tips or the person that takes the temp job of cleaning office buildings at night than the retail warrior. Retail work at 30 for an extended time just screams "I'm content with life kicking my ass"

Got nothing to do with the "We're people too" thing you're putting off.

How do we assess what is better for each unique individual?

Are people not allowed to like working in retail? Though it sounds rather horrid to me, there are some people who actually like customer service and being on their feet.

There are some retail jobs that are high paying. Should someone give up their 90k store manager job to go work in a 40k office job? Should the 100k + district manager feel like they have failed in life?

Even taking it down the the cashier. If they can pay their bills, work the schedule they want, and spend the rest of their time pursuing their hobbies - who are we to judge what would be "better" for them?

People should not seek to be defined by their careers. And if they are, then they should get a life. Furthermore, it is absolutely ridiculous to look down on someone doing an essential job, unless you are a person who does not benefit from it.

The next time you go to the grocery store, or go buy some clothes, I am sure you expect someone to be working at the store, and you expect the store to be stocked and running properly. The only one in any position to judge would be someone who grows most of their own food and produces their own clothing, but even they need to go to a store sometimes.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
How do we assess what is better for each unique individual?

Are people not allowed to like working in retail? Though it sounds rather horrid to me, there are some people who actually like customer service and being on their feet.

There are some retail jobs that are high paying. Should someone give up their 90k store manager job to go work in a 40k office job? Should the 100k + district manager feel like they have failed in life?

Even taking it down the the cashier. If they can pay their bills, work the schedule they want, and spend the rest of their time pursuing their hobbies - who are we to judge what would be "better" for them?

People should not seek to be defined by their careers. And if they are, then they should get a life. Furthermore, it is absolutely ridiculous to look down on someone doing an essential job, unless you are a person who does not benefit from it.

The next time you go to the grocery store, or go buy some clothes, I am sure you expect someone to be working at the store, and you expect the store to be stocked and running properly. The only one in any position to judge would be someone who grows most of their own food and produces their own clothing, but even they need to go to a store sometimes.
Nobody likes working in retail :mjlol:

And if that makes them happy through some strange and cruel twist of fate, then whatever. As someone being a long-term dating prospect based just off of their live at home, 30 years old, ??? status....

:dame:

Queen

CEO of #GPB
Daps
Reppin
Truth and logic
Nobody likes working in retail :mjlol:

And if that makes them happy through some strange and cruel twist of fate, then whatever. As someone being a long-term dating prospect based just off of their live at home, 30 years old, ??? status....

:dame:

That's not true. There are people who enjoy retail.

And as for living at home at 30, I guess it depends on why. Is that a part of their culture? Are they saving would-be rent money for a down payment?

I would take a man living at home with little to no debt and a hefty down payment saved over a man with little savings but a nicely decorated apartment. But then again, I despise most aspects of American culture and I value asking questions and long term strategies over assumptions and appearances so :yeshrug:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
That's not true. There are people who enjoy retail.

And as for living at home at 30, I guess it depends on why. Is that a part of their culture? Are they saving would-be rent money for a down payment?

I would take a man living at home with little to no debt and a hefty down payment saved over a man with little savings but a nicely decorated apartment. But then again, I despise most aspects of American culture and I value asking questions and long term strategies over assumptions and appearances so :yeshrug:
You are trying waaay too hard to rationalize 30/retail/mom's house. Instead of money saved up, they're probably on some bullshyt :comeon: lets be reality

Even if you do happen to have your interest piqued by someone at the register, it'd be a consistent uphill fight for them to be taken seriously. They got to hit all the right spots with no missteps from jump. That only happens in movies.