Men of the coli who are 30+ & established,would you date (to marry) a woman who is 30+ & ...?

Queen

CEO of #GPB
Daps
Reppin
Truth and logic
You are trying waaay too hard to rationalize 30/retail/mom's house. Instead of money saved up, they're probably on some bullshyt :comeon: lets be reality

Even if you do happen to have your interest piqued by someone at the register, it'd be a consistent uphill fight for them to be taken seriously. They got to hit all the right spots with no missteps from jump. That only happens in movies.

I am not trying too hard to do anything.

You and I have different mindsets. I don't go through life making judgments and evaluations without having the proper information. It has served me well.

I also don't derive pleasure perceived superiority. Being 100% honest, there are times when I feel superior but it is surely not based on how someone pays their bills.

When it comes down to it, I care about money. And before I can evaluate that, I need to know a bit more than what is on the surface. You work at Target, that's nice. I can think of at least 5 other questions I would want the answer to before I could decide if I was interested or not, and the first question would be "what made you choose that?"

Like I said, I don't hold the same values or ideas as most Americans and that's fine. If anyone on here wants to tell me about how they run a farm, I am still open to that discussion.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I am not trying too hard to do anything.

You and I have different mindsets. I don't go through life making judgments and evaluations without having the proper information. It has served me well.

I also don't derive pleasure perceived superiority. Being 100% honest, there are times when I feel superior but it is surely not based on how someone pays their bills.

When it comes down to it, I care about money. And before I can evaluate that, I need to know a bit more than what is on the surface. You work at Target, that's nice. I can think of at least 5 other questions I would want the answer to before I could decide if I was interested or not, and the first question would be "what made you choose that?"

Like I said, I don't hold the same values or ideas as most Americans and that's fine. If anyone on here wants to tell me about how they run a farm, I am still open to that discussion.
The only judgement and evaluation I made is that someone is working retail at 30, lives at their parents house, and that's it.

That says plenty about someone. Retail is a "I can't think of anything better" job and if, like you say, someone is happy working in a Wal-mart just to get shyt on by customers and management alike then we probably ain't gonna see eye to eye on a lot of stuff so bushes for em.

That's a read between the lines thing. I don't need to hear why so & so thinks that what they're doing is okay. People lie to themselves like its second nature. Their actions, in this scenario, are pretty telling. You working at Target? Why? You couldn't hit up a temp agency? You have no other job skills at age 30? You have that little need for your own space that you can live with your parents after 3 decades of life?

No.

I ain't got time to hear that shyt. Not in someone I'm supposed to be thinking about dating seriously. And I live in Hawaii where everyone local born stays with family - they'd same the same shyt. Retail? Minimum wage retail? :dame:

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
Would you date a woman who is 30+ and works as a retail associate?

What about fast food, and those other little dead end jobs?

*She has no degree
*She lives with her parents

I know that majority of women would say no unless they are in the same position.

Came back to add, state your age, if you have a degree, and if you have a career.

& No, I'm not talking about fcking, I'm talking about dating, looking for a wife and mother of your children.

IF YOU ARE NOT AN ESTABLISHED 30+, WITH A DEGREE & A CAREER, THEN DO NOT ANSER THE QUESTION. THANKS :queen:

This thread was inspired by a thread from another site. lsa
32, Computer Networking degree, yes I have a career

fukk no, I wifed an equal, someone with the same drive (and even moreso) than myself

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
I'ma answer before I read the thread.
:yeshrug:

The qualities I wanted in a wife had little to do with how much bread she made or how formally educated she was. I also know a number of really good women who lived at home until they got married because their pops believed it was their job to care for their daughter until she decided to step out on her own or start her own family. I'm also not one to knock folks for working fast food cause it ain't like anyone can get any job, there's a limited number of jobs out there. So if she's good personality wise I suppose I would. That said I don't know too many females worth anything that ain't doing nothing with their lives

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'ma answer before I read the thread.
:yeshrug:

The qualities I wanted in a wife had little to do with how much bread she made or how formally educated she was. I also know a number of really good women who lived at home until they got married because their pops believed it was their job to care for their daughter until she decided to step out on her own or start her own family. I'm also not one to knock folks for working fast food cause it ain't like anyone can get any job, there's a limited number of jobs out there. So if she's good personality wise I suppose I would. That said I don't know too many females worth anything that ain't doing nothing with their lives
That line of thinking right there...

I cannot fukk with that mindset.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I"m closer to 40 than 30, have a degree and a career.

Date?...sure. Marry? Well, it depends on what lead her to her current situation and where she's going in life to get out of it.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Career
Degree
Certs
(married too)

I absolutely would. Looking for a cool woman that's a companion. In the end, the other stuff wont keep the marriage together. It seems like it would matter a lot before you get married, and its cool and all. But as a man, I never think about my wife's degrees or money, and that would never keep me from divorcing her if it came to that. If this doesn't work and I ever got married again (.00000001% chance of getting married again), Im going with a pretty, chilled out chick with no degrees and no major career. Rather be middle class with piece of mind than ballin' and miserable.

Queen

CEO of #GPB
Daps
Reppin
Truth and logic
The only judgement and evaluation I made is that someone is working retail at 30, lives at their parents house, and that's it.

That says plenty about someone. Retail is a "I can't think of anything better" job and if, like you say, someone is happy working in a Wal-mart just to get shyt on by customers and management alike then we probably ain't gonna see eye to eye on a lot of stuff so bushes for em.

That's a read between the lines thing. I don't need to hear why so & so thinks that what they're doing is okay. People lie to themselves like its second nature. Their actions, in this scenario, are pretty telling. You working at Target? Why? You couldn't hit up a temp agency? You have no other job skills at age 30? You have that little need for your own space that you can live with your parents after 3 decades of life?

No.

I ain't got time to hear that shyt. Not in someone I'm supposed to be thinking about dating seriously. And I live in Hawaii where everyone local born stays with family - they'd same the same shyt. Retail? Minimum wage retail? :dame:

It doesn't say anything about them other than they are 30 and live with their parents. The fact that you think it does says more about you than it does about them.

I once spent the summer working at a mall kiosk. A grown ass person working at a mall kiosk? Yup. I worked there because I wanted to open a few. But I wanted to work in one before I invested since I lacked retail experience. :dame:

My brother doesn't have a career. He sits on his ass all day playing on the computer. But I assure you his net worth is more than most people on this forum.

You keep living your life like most and making assumptions. And I will keep living mine asking questions. Asking questions has opened many doors for me, but to each his own.

Yogi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Absolutely. Hopefully she would work less than 40 hours too, so she would have more time for the kids and household responsibilities.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
-27 (sorry)
-BS in Comp Eng
-Network Architect

And yes, I would.
I never expected my wife to work anyway. She can work if she wants but its not required. As for degrees, i think they are extremely overrated. My dad has 5, I have 1, and I make more than him. As for women living with parents, that's very common in my culture so its not a red flag.

I'm not saying it would be ideal, but when choosing a spouse, most that stuff you listed is the least of my concerns :yeshrug:

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
35 degree and Career

I would not. My reasoning is not because of her current situation either. I believe at a minimum a college degree is a requirement. It shows dedication and discipline as well. Her living at home would not bother me as it is pretty expensive to have a place here in NYC, especially working in a retail position. The only way in which I would make an exception to that rule was if she skipped college to pursue entrepreneurship but even those people would not usually end up in a low-level retail position.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I mean that's basically what I did with my wife now. She was working as a pharmacy technician and then a few secretary jobs while I was working and going to school full time. After I got out and got a good enough paying job to support both of us 4.5 years later she just graduated with her undergrad a few months ago after not having to work. She's about to go back in a year for Pharmacy school to bring in 6 figures then Ill go back to school for a masters or a jd while I help raise our kids. :manny:

I knew she had brains because instead of going to pharm tech school for $2500 she read a fkn book and passed the test and they handed her a cert. She lacked confidence and thought that after age 25 it wasnt worth it to get her education since the good jobs passed her by, opened her eyes to the fact that its never too late.