Men of the coli who are 30+ & established,would you date (to marry) a woman who is 30+ & ...?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Professional is just a handle. All it means is that she was able to earn her own dough using her skills and talents and *intelligence*.

So if I was a well established drug dealer, you'd consider me a professional? Or if I owned a laundrymat, would that make me a professional as well?

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
If you wanted to make a thread about divorcing broke women, you should have made a thread about divorcing broke women. :coffee:

My mom didn't have a degree or a career when she married my dad. I guess that means my dad is 100% ok with a divorce. :palm:

You keep moving the goal post, as usual. :coffee:

Oh, and I'll post wherever I want to. :queen:

I put my original question in the op. Again, I directed this question to men who are 30+ established and college eduacate. Like most males on the coli, they ignored it, so I put it in bold. The men who were answer BEFORE I put it in bold (even though it was already in the thread title) admitted that they were under 30 and were not yet established.

The other stuff is comments based off of the stuff that they wrote. Things/ideas based off of what they have said. It is a conversation.Just like there are many other people who are having different conversations in this thread.

If I wanted to change the story, I would have added those things to the op.

I don't care about your mom and how she got married 30+ years ago, this is 2015 and things are different.

You can post anywhere, I never said that you couldn't, but if you're so bothered by my post, then maybe you should stay out of my threads, or put me on ignore :queen:

Daps
So if I was a well established drug dealer, you'd consider me a professional? Or if I owned a laundrymat, would that make me a professional as well?
"Professional" is how many would describe her job. The point is she developed her skillsets through education and hard work to improve herself. That's all. Her doing so provided me with a great example in life. You won't see any argument from me that that alone made her a great mother.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
My gut says no, simply because I've watched every black man in my family figuratively bust their respective asses for 30+years, paying 80% of the household bills for a woman who worked at JC Penney making 10 bucks an hour or some shyt and they're miserable because of the immense weight on their shoulders. That pressure is a beast, plus shyt is way too risky. No woman with me will have a lifestyle where everything is paid for like my mother did with my father. I have no qualms with being a provider, but not on that level. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Her working retail at 30 is not a instant dealbreaker, but she'd have to have some damn near superhuman qualities, potential and personality traits to make up for that.

And this is funny coming from me, because of my no degree havin' ass. However, I moved up the ranks of corporate america strictly off a crisp resume and amazing interviewing skills. Moreover, I make more than the majority of people with degrees. My future is secure. Chances are, a woman like me that's a hustla or possesses mad ingenuity is rare. Someone who said "F school and the debt, I'm going to destroy these degree havin muhfukkas in the work place and make it." Yeah, I'm not waiting around for a woman like that.

Make no mistake, if you're 30 years old and you're still working retail, it's very unlikely that you'll switch ya style up and become a business analyst for PWC in the upcoming years. You've chosen your path. You had 10+ years to change the course. It's all your fault and it's (probably) over for you. Better find someone who's better than you to latch on to and have a kid with.

I don't want that to happen to me. I want to be in a black power couple. I want my children to be inspired by their own parents. I want us to pass down power, financial success and influence.

Now granted, my wife doesn't have to make 75K+ a year like I will be, but at 30 she should have a career making at least in the 40s. Even though i'll be able to pay all of the bills, I don't ever want to be in a position where I have to.

f652e2dcddf3b23763b2e0518b030522.gif

Another one who gets it

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I put my original question in the op. Again, I directed this question to men who are 30+ established and college eduacate. Like most males on the coli, they ignored it, so I put it in bold. The men who were answer BEFORE I put it in bold (even though it was already in the thread title) admitted that they were under 30 and were not yet established.

The other stuff is comments based off of the stuff that they wrote. Things/ideas based off of what they have said. It is a conversation.Just like there are many other people who are having different conversations in this thread.

If I wanted to change the story, I would have added those things to the op.

I don't care about your mom and how she got married 30+ years ago, this is 2015 and things are different.

You can post anywhere, I never said that you couldn't, but if you're so bothered by my post, then maybe you should stay out of my threads, or put me on ignore :queen:

Oh i'm not bothered by you at all, don't worry. You made a good thread here.

I brought that up simply to say that by marrying someone without a career doesn't mean that you are "ok" with the prospect of divorce and losing all your money. I felt that your post was taking the worst possible things that could happen in a marriage (divorce, losing money, no career etc) and saying that someone who would be fine marrying broke/career-less person is cosigning this possible outcome.

I just believe that you can marry someone without those prerequisites and still not be ok with the outcome of divorce and alimony. :yeshrug:

Oh and I mimicked your snarkiness just to fukk with you. Don't worry, I mean no harm :lolbron:

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
monet is more important with much greater emphasis than it was 30 years ago.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
....and what does "established" mean? I'm pretty sure we were established when we came out the womb, but of course only black women have all these prerequisites they don't even have. Negged.

eazy253

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Tacoma
So you all are telling me that you want to have your sht together before you get married, but the woman you married doesn't have to have hers together? You're 30+, college educated, and living comfortably and she can be broke, not college educated, working at mcdonalds, and living with her parents? You would want someone like that as your wife? Why?

The criteria to be a quality male is different than to be a quality female.

dynamik

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Would you date a woman who is 30+ and works as a retail associate?

What about fast food, and those other little dead end jobs?

*She has no degree
*She lives with her parents

I know that majority of women would say no unless they are in the same position.

Came back to add, state your age, if you have a degree, and if you have a career.

& No, I'm not talking about fcking, I'm talking about dating, looking for a wife and mother of your children.

IF YOU ARE NOT AN ESTABLISHED 30+, WITH A DEGREE & A CAREER, THEN DO NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION. THANKS :queen:

This thread was inspired by a thread from another site. lsa

Absolutely Not!

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
Snicker all you want, it's true. I know you all like to think of rappers marrying strippers, but that doesn't happen to non celebs. And it only happens in certain celeb circles. If the Obamas had a son, you wouldn't see him marrying down. But take Ice t for an example: he has a lot of money but still married someone with the mindset/lifestyle he grew up around. you don't see regular wealthy men marrying women from non wealthy or uneducated families.