Men of the coli who are 30+ & established,would you date (to marry) a woman who is 30+ & ...?

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
My gut says no, simply because I've watched every black man in my family figuratively bust their respective asses for 30+years, paying 80% of the household bills for a woman who worked at JC Penney making 10 bucks an hour or some shyt and they're miserable because of the immense weight on their shoulders. That pressure is a beast, plus shyt is way too risky. No woman with me will have a lifestyle where everything is paid for like my mother did with my father. I have no qualms with being a provider, but not on that level. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Her working retail at 30 is not a instant dealbreaker, but she'd have to have some damn near superhuman qualities, potential and personality traits to make up for that.

And this is funny coming from me, because of my no degree havin' ass. However, I moved up the ranks of corporate america strictly off a crisp resume and amazing interviewing skills. Moreover, I make more than the majority of people with degrees. My future is secure. Chances are, a woman like me that's a hustla or possesses mad ingenuity is rare. Someone who said "F school and the debt, I'm going to destroy these degree havin muhfukkas in the work place and make it." Yeah, I'm not waiting around for a woman like that.

Make no mistake, if you're 30 years old and you're still working retail, it's very unlikely that you'll switch ya style up and become a business analyst for PWC in the upcoming years. You've chosen your path. You had 10+ years to change the course. It's all your fault and it's (probably) over for you. Better find someone who's better than you to latch on to and have a kid with.

I don't want that to happen to me. I want to be in a black power couple. I want my children to be inspired by their own parents. I want us to pass down power, financial success and influence.

Now granted, my wife doesn't have to make 75K+ a year like I will be, but at 30 she should have a career making at least in the 40s. Even though i'll be able to pay all of the bills, I don't ever want to be in a position where I have to.

Last edited:

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
I married my wife who was a manager in retail at the time.
She struggled but she had her stuff well together.
She helped me become a better man and she's fine as wine.
So I dunno...I got it all...brains and beauty.
She's a little more clingy than I'd like and isn't as outgoing...but I'm dealing.
The pros outweigh the cons by far...

EDIT: Forgot to add...I put her through school, she's got her bachelors now in what she wants and is in the field she wants. No more retail. Straight $$PAID$$ nowadays.
After she finishes grad school she will be up into the 6-figure area.
That's my baby.
:jawalrus:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Most women who are 30+ and established would never date a male who wasn't. Even most women who are not established wouldn't. They would say you guys are failures and shouldn't even be dating.
I guess you are a total fake, and on the coli, it is expected that female members are men with a false user account to pretend to be female.
Established women who are 30+ are on the cusp of becoming a "cat lady". They would be open to dating a non-established guy if he met other criteria.

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
Its the way she makes arguments. She fishes for a response, and when she doesn't get it she keeps adding stipulations to her original question to elicit said response. I've peeped this a while ago. :coffee:

The "stipulations" of the thread were already there from the beginning in the thread title. I directed this question to men who are 30+ established and college eduacate. Like most males on the coli, they ignored it, so I put it in bold.

I left stuff out from the thread that this was inspired by.
In the thread that this was inspired by, the girl dropped out of school because she thought she was going to marry a rich professional sports player.

Here is that thread.
Working RETAIL in your 30s?

& don't be fooled by their responses, they are ok with a woman doing that, but they would never date a male who was in that position. In other threads discussing the same thing, they called that type of male a failure and said that he shouldn't even be dating.

You're wrong, as usual. :queen:

You can stay out of my threads.

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
I guess you are a total fake, and on the coli, it is expected that female members are men with a false user account to pretend to be female.
Established women who are 30+ are on the cusp of becoming a "cat lady". They would be open to dating a non-established guy if he met other criteria.

I am a lipstick alley member and they have discussed this in many threads. They would not.

Lots of people are getting married later in life, so the age of desperation has increased. For women, it's about 43+ and a lot of them have still said that they would never.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The "stipulations" of the thread were already there from the beginning in the thread title. I directed this question to men who are 30+ established and college eduacate. Like most males on the coli, they ignored it, so I put it in bold.

I left stuff out from the thread that this was inspired by.
In the thread that this was inspired by, the girl dropped out of school because she thought she was going to marry a rich professional sports player.

Here is that thread.
Working RETAIL in your 30s?

& don't be fooled by their responses, they are ok with a woman doing that, but they would never date a male who was in that position. In other threads discussing the same thing, they called that type of male a failure and said that he shouldn't even be dating.

You're wrong, as usual. :queen:

You can stay out of my threads.
Would you date a woman who is 30+ and works as a retail associate?

What about fast food, and those other little dead end jobs?

*She has no degree
*She lives with her parents

I know that majority of women would say no unless they are in the same position.

Came back to add, state your age, if you have a degree, and if you have a career.

& No, I'm not talking about fcking, I'm talking about dating, looking for a wife and mother of your children.

IF YOU ARE NOT AN ESTABLISHED 30+, WITH A DEGREE & A CAREER, THEN DO NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION. THANKS :queen:

This thread was inspired by a thread from another site. lsa
You don't mind making much more money than her, marrying her, then getting a divorce. She gets half of your money and alimony because she doesn't have a career and will probably never have one. That's ok with you?

If you wanted to make a thread about divorcing broke women, you should have made a thread about divorcing broke women. :coffee:

My mom didn't have a degree or a career when she married my dad. I guess that means my dad is 100% ok with a divorce? :palm:

You keep moving the goal post, as usual. :coffee:

Oh, and I'll post wherever I want to. :queen:

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Over 40 AMD female they taking care of a guy.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
dapped

My mother is a professional, learned a lot watching her, met my partner through work . If tomorrow he or I lost our jobs, we got the goods to do something else. It's important for us that our kids see how we survive in this world.

Being able to work for white people = survival now? :dead:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't work for white people :stopitslime:

That's not what I responded too. You said your mother was a professional and you learned a lot about watching her... Then went on to say that if yall lost your jobs, you got what it takes to do something else...

So you saying that your mother never worked for white folks, and you learned independence from that...? See, when people throw around the word professional, it typically means I work for white people

Daps
That's not what I responded too. You said your mother was a professional and you learned a lot about watching her... Then went on to say that if yall lost your jobs, you got what it takes to do something else...

So you saying that your mother never worked for white folks, and you learned independence from that...? See, when people throw around the word professional, it typically means I work for white people

Professional is just a handle. All it means is that she was able to earn her own dough using her skills and talents and *intelligence*. You injected white people drama into it :leostare: