Men have an expiration date too.... When it comes to a career

FSP

Banned
Daps
Why did she move to America? Pretty sure african professionals make alot of money in africa.
tenor.gif

My side chick was a civil engineer in Africa and she got paid $500/month for that. :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ehh:It's all good. Unfortunately, so much went wrong the past two years, it set me WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back, and I got a mom to take care of.

I did pretty damn good, but fukk, I missed the mark hard. The upside is, better late than never, and with some hustle I can at least get some IT cracking within

a month or two. Guess I cash out at 32:francis:

Its hard to make our counterparts understand that a lot of us have to semi-financially responsible for a parent more than likely in our adult years.... while its the opposite for them... hell, they have parents still bailing them out financially in their 30s and 40s....... Most of us don't have that luxury and it makes the grind to really get ahead that much harder...

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
You ain't never lied. My older brother is 29 is still figuring out what he wants to do with himself. Meanwhile, I'm 24 and I'm on a career path with a high ceiling. I'm already earning really good money and I've got a plan for the assets I'm obtaining.

Quality women are only gonna stick around with a guy that's figuring his shyt out for so long. A lot guys wake up in their mid-30s and realised that life has passed them by and people younger than them have lapped them.

Last edited:

BlackDynamite310

All Star
Daps
You a IT cat also? I like reading shyt like this cause im only 24 and feel like im never going to make it out this warehouse. I failed out of school but I think im ready to go back.

CS majorJust started working in App Dev for the time being Dragged my ass down that finish line and got my degree took be 7 years off and on but I did it. No certs yet but looking to get 3 this in the next year. AWS solutions architect is the big one for me next year. Just push thru man . I was like you working at a auto shop and retain for 5 years I know you might not see the light at the end I know I didn't but just keep going

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
You ain't never lied. My older brother is 29 is still figuring out what he wants to do with himself. Meanwhile, I'm 24 and I'm on career path with a high ceiling. I'm already earning really good money and I've got a plan for the assets I'm obtaining.

Quality women are only gonna stick around with a guy that's figuring his shyt out for so long. A lot guys wake up in their mid-30s and realised that life has passed them by and people younger than them have lapped them.
What's your career path?

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
No lies told OP. Couple this with the fact that some jobs be on that age discrimination tip (the IT field is the biggest offender) and you gonna find yourself hemmed up at 35 trying to find a new gig.
This is not true, age don't matter in IT if you are consulting or doing a thinking role. It's for coding where it matters

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
Nonsense, males don’t reach peak maturity till late 30s. Obviously the earlier the better, always helps to have guidance in your 20s to make the transition and growth easy.
I don't think he means maturity. He's talking about how competitive the job market is, especially with high paying skilled jobs like IT. If you're just starting in your 30s, you're going to be way behind in experience, completing actual work and projects, and knowledge of the field than someone who startedin his early 20s. And these days that "early 20s" pool of workers is very very large. Especially now, if you are in your 20s now and keep putting it off, think about it. Every year colleges and technical schools are graduating THOUSANDS of smart motivated 21 year olds who have been training for these fields since their teen years. If you wait 5-10 years to get serious you may be too far behind.

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is that fukking your 20's up? :dahell: Real shyt...because that's not something you can do in your 40+s and have the same fun

None of the women I spent those times with me are in my life anymore. I shoulda concentrated more in school, I probably would have had a mortgage, & bigger savings account by now.

I got 4 years experience in my industry tho with no responsibilities (child/wife)

Last edited: