Men have an expiration date too.... When it comes to a career

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
This is why you should always be learning and building. A career should be seen as an ever evolving thing. Suck up every bit of knowledge and insight from other people.

I do a few different things and have built a strong client base that knows I deliver good work on time. But that also means I have to also know what newer clients are looking for as well. This is where word of mouth is good as well.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People start over all the time OP. Your logic is not strong with this one.
This is a very foolish thing to say. Yes, people start over all the time, but is it of their own choosing or did circumstances force them into it?

The point here being do all u can to make sure you’re self sufficient. U don’t want to be in a position where u have to start over. It’s never convenient. Stop responding to this thread because ur advice is terrible.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I feel like men’s resolve to actually change their lives slows down after a certain age. It’s only when you design a pattern of growth that you’re able to avoid stagnation.

But, yes it is difficult to switch careers the older you get. especially if you’ve just been slacking.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I partly agree. The thing is nowadays people are switching careers more often. Back in the day people would be entrenched in a single career for life. These days the number of careers per person is increasing. Friend of mine became a lawyer at 35. He is quire happy.

As others have said, self employment is the best way.

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
Depends on what type of career were talking. Blue collar careers take roughly 1 to 2 yrs to get licensed in. I'm talking various types of mechanics, truck driving, welding ect. I didn't start till 26 and there were brehs in there 30s and later 40s in class w/ me. These same dudes making up to 50 bucks an hr today.