Men have an expiration date too.... When it comes to a career

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis
age and also race ! had a interview in January 2017, went on linkedin to look up the interviews, fukking CAC had a associate's degree and was the regional IT director, i think he was 29 or 30.
fukk that shyt man, im building myself to make money for my self, working for somebody will just be extra money

brothers gotta worry about lay off too

Nearly every job I've worked, there's been a similar instance of this. Most times, no degree at all.

This is a big problem.

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis
This the realization I came to, and its why I got my cert the other day, and am currently studying for more. I turn 30 in a few days...I am making less at my
current job than I did at my last 3:francis:Time to man up, start this IT shyt, and go hard on learning all I can. I wanna buy a house and shyt, and you can't do that

at $12 an hour.

So you're not going to be able to cash out exactly at 30? :mjgrin:

Sorry breh. :sadcam:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So you're not going to be able to cash out exactly at 30? :mjgrin:

Sorry breh. :sadcam:
:ehh:It's all good. Unfortunately, so much went wrong the past two years, it set me WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back, and I got a mom to take care of.

I did pretty damn good, but fukk, I missed the mark hard. The upside is, better late than never, and with some hustle I can at least get some IT cracking within

a month or two. Guess I cash out at 32:francis:

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis
:ehh:It's all good. Unfortunately, so much went wrong the past two years, it set me WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back, and I got a mom to take care of.

I did pretty damn good, but fukk, I missed the mark hard. The upside is, better late than never, and with some hustle I can at least get some IT cracking within

a month or two. Guess I cash out at 32:francis:

I was in your exact shoes two years ago and I'm 32. You definitely have a shot, if my crazy and lazy ass did it.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was in your exact shoes two years ago and I'm 32. You definitely have a shot, if my crazy and lazy ass did it.
:mjcry:Breh I texted my pahtna from HS about finally getting the cert...the A+ that is...that we been pump-faking about getting for 15 years:mjgrin:

We still trying to find where the time went. Knowing what I know now, time is only going quicker as I get older, and while I have zero regrets, I gotta hitch my

wagon to this train and ride IT into a career. I'm driving down neighborhoods in Chicago and in the burbs, looking at the fall colors, the cozy ass homes, and suddenly

mundane shyt like going to the bar with the fellas to watch a ball game or doing Bicycle meetups and intramural sports suddenly seem attractive:mjcry:

I don't wanna grow up:mjcry:but Toys 'R' Us is going through bankruptcy and I can't be a Toys 'R' Us kid forever. The hustle to get caught up in life is real right now.

Seeing my lil sisters apartment:blacknerdlost:Thats when I knew I was fukking up.

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis
:mjcry:Breh I texted my pahtna from HS about finally getting the cert...the A+ that is...that we been pump-faking about getting for 15 years:mjgrin:

We still trying to find where the time went. Knowing what I know now, time is only going quicker as I get older, and while I have zero regrets, I gotta hitch my

wagon to this train and ride IT into a career. I'm driving down neighborhoods in Chicago and in the burbs, looking at the fall colors, the cozy ass homes, and suddenly

mundane shyt like going to the bar with the fellas to watch a ball game or doing Bicycle meetups and intramural sports suddenly seem attractive:mjcry:

I don't wanna grow up:mjcry:but Toys 'R' Us is going through bankruptcy and I can't be a Toys 'R' Us kid forever. The hustle to get caught up in life is real right now.

Seeing my lil sisters apartment:blacknerdlost:Thats when I knew I was fukking up.

I knew I was fukking up when I saw 22 year olds getting office jobs earning 60+ k a year and traveling for business. :wow:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I knew I was fukking up when I saw 22 year olds getting office jobs earning 60+ k a year and traveling for business. :wow:
:francis:Bruh. Don't even get me started. If you a lazy fukk, your world is small...can't afford to make real moves, and you probably going to be stuck around broke, unmotivated

mothafukkas who will never move out of the neighborhood they grew up in. I see the writing on the wall:mjcry:

• Dap
Reactions: 85

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Depends. Always be about action. If you about action there’s money for you and demand. If you waste time, it’s not wavey.

Re: IT - the older you get you probably gotta move corporate. A lot of small IT firms heavy on the age discrimination. If you 45 and work in IT you better have an impressive resume. A 29 year old could do your job for cheaper a lot of the time.

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fukked my 20s up partying, traveling the world & wasting time on women.

Im 30 now & doing online/night schooling, at least I already work in my industry during the day.

At least I dont have a kid, wife or serious gf to weigh me down. I wanna buy a house in less than 5 years brehs

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
:hhh: The medical field is different medical field always has roles to fill, more specialties, more clinics, more jobs.

also coupled with the fact most women.

Who go back to get their RN are married/ in a relationship.

If they are single they receive alot of help from family.

Men usually dont have that option of just switching careers without some type of support system. Esp if you're 35+.

Lol.

I work with a woman who went back to school to become a RN in her 50’s.

Kids it’s never too late, don’t listen to this thread.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Facts.

The older you get, the more the responsibilities you get engulfed with as a man...thus making concentration much more difficult because the expectations are higher. And when kids get involved, things just get much more complicated.

So it's always better to make hay while the sun shines and when you're younger/sharper, with less responsibilities.

Bingo

Raava

Staff member
Daps
It's true. I can't say for men but women can go through this as well.

My mom was a lawyer for almost 10 years back in Ghana.

Once she got to America, she found that her law degree was practically worthless and barely got a position paying $50k, she was already in her early 30s by this time.

She decided to switch careers and become a nurse which is much more lucrative(especially in NYC). Went through a nursing program in 4 years and finally became an RN and got a job at the largest hospital in the Bronx(still works there today) Got her masters 5 years later to become a licensed NP and now finishing her PhD at age 54.

In both her masters and PhD programs, most of her classmates were 20 years younger than her.

But she did it :patrice: so how is it true? Just because other students were younger than her? Is she able to use her degrees to get a job she wants or can’t because of age?