Meek Mill tells black women to get rid of their wigs/fake hair in 2019

futureDevelopment

~crackin windshields~
Daps
It's crazy to me how nikkas can tell black women they don't like that shyt till we're blue in the face and they will CONTINUE to say "well black men like straight hair"

I hate that shyt too, because it shows ZERO respect. If it were white men saying, they would at least have respect for what's being said, instead of misrepresenting the message 180 degrees.

futureDevelopment

~crackin windshields~
Daps
giphy.gif

Yall really sounding like some bytches in here. What's next, advice on my shoes? Stilletos or nah? Should I use Nars or Fenty? What say you on Fashion Nova? :jbhmm:

:rudy:

STFU and focus on your focus. This is why nobody respects us, bc our men our out here on the bullshyt. "Hey, black woman. :krs: I have nothing for you or for the children we keep creating. I have no money or political power. BUT I HAVE STRONG OPINIONS ON YOUR HAIR. :sadbron:"

You have no leverage with which to make demands. You gotta pay the cost to be the boss and, as of right now, yall ain't got it. :wow:

That being said, despite our poverty, yall might still have some sway if your actions matched yall words. But just like red pill theory says (about females :usure:), 'Don't watch what they say, watch what they do.' Well, er, uh... yall words don't at all match your actions. Brehettes keep saying it and yall keep dancing around it. ':troll:My girl who nobody never seen wears her hair natural. Ignore the fact that all the girls we post and simp all have factory built asses and weave down to their knees. '

:comeon: :camby:

Nah -- we have logic on our side. That what's makes us "boss" on this issue. It's STUPID to pay billions to hostile koreans for someone else's hair to wear on your head in order to achieve a texture not of your own in the shadow of pervasive anti-blackness.

...And you're not "boss" enough to make us shut up about it. It's looks stupid and we're going to point it out.

And black male voices are WORKING -- this "natural hair" movement is exactly because black men called out that weave shyt for so long.

The ones who hate our voices the most even dropped the weave and went right on hating us -- thus the wench movement.

"Right" makes us boss. Just like we call out black men, we will call out you too.

The only alternative is "simping" -- going quietly into the night -- or following the wench into the swirl. So we will call out the stupidity of the weave.

Now go ahead, start rattling off crime stats like a st0rmfr0nter. ...Oh wait -- black women usually start with the "edumacation" stuff...

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
I find both these girls attractive.

Anyway, stop pretending you care about what black men want. If you really cared what black men wanted, you would stop giving $$ to koreans for weave.

Black women wear the weave because THEY find it attractive, not because black men do. That's the obvious truth.

Yeah that’s why I said I’m not gonna stop wearing weave. Idc what anyone thinks.

futureDevelopment

~crackin windshields~
Daps
Yeah that’s why I said I’m not gonna stop wearing weave. Idc what anyone thinks.

At least you're being somewhat honest about it. You don't care what black men want, you don't like the texture of natural black hair, you don't like the way natural hair looks, and that's that. You would even bleach your skin if you want, or date a neoconfederate, and you don't care what anyone thinks about it.

Kudos. I wouldn't save a women like that, but at least you don't insult black men with the stupid argument "we do it for black men".

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Nah -- we have logic on our side. That what's makes us "boss" on this issue. It's STUPID to pay billions to hostile koreans for someone else's hair to wear on your head in order to achieve a texture not of your own in the shadow of pervasive anti-blackness.

...And you're not "boss" enough to make us shut up about it. It's looks stupid and we're going to point it out.

And black male voices are WORKING -- this "natural hair" movement is exactly because black men called out that weave shyt for so long.

The ones who hate our voices the most even dropped the weave and went right on hating us -- thus the wench movement.

"Right" makes us boss. Just like we call out black men, we will call out you too.

The only alternative is "simping" -- going quietly into the night -- or following the wench into the swirl. So we will call out the stupidity of the weave.

Now go ahead, start rattling off crime stats like a st0rmfr0nter. ...Oh wait -- black women usually start with the "edumacation" stuff...

This is how illogical your argument is. You will NEVER hear me rattle off crime stats or shyt on uneducated bm. NEVER, EVER. I'm not coming at it from a feminist perspective. I'm coming at it like your (youngish) auntie who be talking sense. I want bm to do better. This ain't it. Women don't get in line bc men whine about some shyt. Women get in line because men INCENTIVIZE them. (and vice versa)

Lastly, men shouldn't speak on hair be THEY DON'T KNOW shyt. Bw did not start the natural movement bc of bm. Bw started the natural hair movement primarily due to the recession. They could no longer afford the maintenance of relaxers and weaves. A secondary cause was, a generation of bw raised on weave had led to extensive damage which they noted and wanted to fix. They wanted long hair. To get it, they needed to stop the chemical (ie, perms/ relaxers, color) and physical (ie, extension braids, cornrows under weaves, pulling the edges too tight for weave ponytail) damage.

This is why men shouldn't speak on hair. Yall literally don't know shyt, as is proper, bc THIS AIN'T YOUR LANE. Damn.

edit: re spending money with hostile Asians. I don't disagree with you. But have some sympathy for your sisters. We're still catching up. Many of us literally don't know how to handle out God-given hair. You're correct in reading bw's response as defensive, but you're not hearing the why. It's sad and they already feel bad enough.The next generations will be better bc we, their mothers, are learning what our mothers neglected to teach us. (Similar to how bm raised by single mothers are learning to be men. It's sad, but here we are.)

Last edited:

futureDevelopment

~crackin windshields~
Daps
Women get in line because men INCENTIVIZE them. (and vice versa)

Lastly, men shouldn't speak on hair be THEY DON'T KNOW shyt. Bw did not start the natural movement bc of bm. Bw started the natural hair movement primarily due to the recession. They could no longer afford the maintenance of relaxers and weaves. A secondary cause was, a generation of bw raised on weave had led to extensive damage which they noted and wanted to fix. They wanted long hair. To get it, they needed to stop the chemical (ie, perms/ relaxers, color) and physical (ie, extension braids, cornrows under weaves, pulling the edges too tight for weave ponytail) damage.

This is why men shouldn't speak on hair. Yall literally don't know shyt, as is proper, bc THIS AIN'T YOUR LANE. Damn.

Okay -- so black men talking shyt about for all these years had nothing to do with it? Fine, you have your opinion, I have mine.

I like to think that black men pointing out the sheer stupidity of the weave had a lot to do with it. If the natural hair movement were for your reasons, it would've happened long ago. In fact, the weave stuff would've never gotten off the ground.

As far as "incentive" goes -- the "incentives" for wearing your natural hair are obvious, so I'm not trying to hear that.

Krazy K

All Star
Daps
This is why nobody respects us, bc our men our out here on the bullshyt. "Hey, black woman. :krs: I have nothing for you or for the children we keep creating. I have no money or political power. BUT I HAVE STRONG OPINIONS ON YOUR HAIR. :sadbron:"

You have no leverage with which to make demands. You gotta pay the cost to be the boss and, as of right now, yall ain't got it. :wow:
full
nobody respects us cause some men have strong opinions on wigs and weave? :mindblown:

I can't love natural hair cause I don't have political power? :why:

How can you as a black person fix your mouth to say some stupid shyt like that?

That was dumb as fukk :rudy:

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
At least you're being somewhat honest about it. You don't care what black men want, you don't like the texture of natural black hair, you don't like the way natural hair looks, and that's that. You would even bleach your skin if you want, or date a neoconfederate, and you don't care what anyone thinks about it.

Kudos. I wouldn't save a women like that, but at least you don't insult black men with the stupid argument "we do it for black men".

Stop being dramatic. My hair is natural and I would never bleach my skin or date a neoconfederate. I’ve endlessly tried to explain to people that just because I wear weave doesn’t mean I don’t like my own hair but you guys do exactly what you’re doing, come up with crazy ideas as to why I want to wear box braids one day and wear my natural hair the next. It’s just hair.

That’s why I say I don’t care. Like you see what you did? All I said was I’ll continue wearing weave and you went off the deep end saying I hate myself and my hair and my skin color and all kinds of crazy shyt because of my hairstyle. That’s why I just don’t care. Never mind the fact that I haven’t worn weave in hella long but I might in the future. But you know everything.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Who's your boss then?
Me personally? My man, bc I don't work. For everybody else, including bm, the white man who signs your checks. Am I lying?

Okay -- so black men talking shyt about for all these years had nothing to do with it? Fine, you have your opinion, I have mine.

I like to think that black men pointing out the sheer stupidity of the weave had a lot to do with it. If the natural hair movement were for your reasons, it would've happened long ago. In fact, the weave stuff would've never gotten off the ground.

As far as "incentive" goes -- the "incentives" for wearing your natural hair are obvious, so I'm not trying to hear that.
1. No, bm talking shyt had nothing to do with it bc, while bm may talk a lot of shyt, they looooove bytches with weave. :yeshrug:

2. :dwillhuh:Do you not recall 2008? They call it 'the worst recession since the Great Depression' for a reason. People were unusually broke. :gucci:

3. I don't think bm have a real idea of how much labor goes into maintaining LONG, loose (not in locs), afro- textured hair. My styling time is at least 2.5x longer than it was when I had a perm. While there MAY BE incentives to wearing your own hair, the disincentives are many. Old heads might remember, the bw who used to wear natural hair back in the day either kept it short, wore locs, or wore homely-looking natural twists and braids, no disrespect. Not a good look. :hubie:

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
giphy.gif

Yall really sounding like some bytches in here. What's next, advice on my shoes? Stilletos or nah? Should I use Nars or Fenty? What say you on Fashion Nova? :jbhmm:

:rudy:

STFU and focus on your focus. This is why nobody respects us, bc our men our out here on the bullshyt. "Hey, black woman. :krs: I have nothing for you or for the children we keep creating. I have no money or political power. BUT I HAVE STRONG OPINIONS ON YOUR HAIR. :sadbron:"

That being said, despite our poverty, yall might still have some sway if your actions matched yall words. But just like red pill theory says (about females :usure:), 'Don't watch what they say, watch what they do.' Well, er, uh... yall words don't at all match your actions. Brehettes keep saying it and yall keep dancing around it. ':troll:My girl who nobody never seen wears her hair natural. Ignore the fact that all the girls we post and simp all have factory built asses and weave down to their knees. '

:comeon: :camby:
:umad: