McDonald's is bushing free drink refills. Other Fast Food chains to follow soon.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
And still no snack wrap, lord

I don’t drink soda besides ginger ale so whatever

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Sodas have the greatest profit margins so this is weird. They can totally afford keeping soda machines. The cups cost more than the actual soda
Spot on. Soda is probably the most profitable item on McDonald's menu. This is most likely some Franchisor/Franchisee BS. If you remember McDonald's Ice Cream Machine repair grift, you'll know what I'm talking about.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Even though the soda is cheap a lot of places with free refills get taken advantage buy people bringing their own cups or containers and taking soda even though the soda is cheap this can add up This move was spurred on by franchisees.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
the mickey Ds by us has a custom deal. 20 nuggets and a 'basket' of fries for 9$. the fries themselves are $3 for a 'basket'

if i must have fast food i swing by wendys or whataburger for a baconator or patty melt, then get the fries from McDs.

i know im disgusting but i pick and choose :yeshrug:

mcdonalds does have the best fries. the rest of their menu is ass.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Sodas have the greatest profit margins so this is weird. They can totally afford keeping soda machines. The cups cost more than the actual soda
how is it weird? :patrice:
they are cutting off people that steal
this doesn't affect any of their customers that they want to keep
If I eat inside, I would eat my food finish my drink and refill when I leave
so they are saving a whole drink
and they are avoiding all the random people that come in the lobby and steal drinks
eg homeless teenagers nyggas asking for water
so the profits are going to at least double

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Only time i ever try to get refills is if i'm at a themepark or a sports venue.
Not sitting and chilling at a random mcdonalds

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Breh, not everyone owns a car or needs a car, especially in NYC. And their are plenty of fast food restaurants without a drive thru.

Yall are a bunch of basement dwelling Livingstons
My bad I didn't realize NYC = The entire US :dead: the fukk are you talking about? I don't own a car and I'm STILL not sitting down in a fast food joint enough to the drinks are buffet style. That has nothing to do with being "outside" or "basement dwelling"-- people just tend to use the drive thru much much more. It aint that deep :pachaha:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I NEVER buy the drinks at fast food places, but this is really penny wise and pound foolish, and causes bad press.

a fountain drink literally cost them like a 8 cents so even if they charge u $1, you'd have to get 13 refills in order for them to take a loss.

costco charges u 59 cents for a fountain drink and u can get unlimited refills. they don't give a damn.