McDonald's is bushing free drink refills. Other Fast Food chains to follow soon.

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
buy the food and then get the drink at the crib

I hope you have kids in your house cuz ima judge the shiit out of you.

Thats a whole lotta sugar mane.

You can still be skinny and earn diabetes.

Aside from AIAN folks (american indian/american native) Brothas have the shortest lifespans of all ethnic groups. Take care…

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I NEVER buy the drinks at fast food places, but this is really penny wise and pound foolish, and causes bad press.

a fountain drink literally cost them like a 8 cents so even if they charge u $1, you'd have to get 13 refills in order for them to take a loss.

costco charges u 59 cents for a fountain drink and u can get unlimited refills. they don't give a damn.
you don't understand business
companies take losses on certain items to draw you into the store
imaging you going into a car dealership and them charging you for water
they don't because they plan to profit from selling you the car
same with costco

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
you don't understand business
companies take losses on certain items to draw you into the store

imaging you going into a car dealership and them charging you for water
they don't because they plan to profit from selling you the car
same with costco

I already mentioned this earlier with costco. I said they make the bulk of their money from memberships, and sell the hot dog/pop combo for $1.50, which is a price that hasn't changed in over 40 years.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I already mentioned this earlier with costco. I said they make the bulk of their money from memberships, and sell the hot dog/pop combo for $1.50, which is a price that hasn't changed in over 40 years.
that the membership fee is not a big part of their business
they give it away for free all the time
the drink is a major profit in most restaurants

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
in the hood, they don't have self serve drinks. they either make them behind the counter, and some have a robot/machine that makes all the drinks automatically. also behind the counter.

We actually have the self service machine here in the mickeyd's in nyc...:francis: so it depends on where you go...

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
that the membership fee is not a big part of their business
they give it away for free all the time
the drink is a major profit in most restaurants
:wtb: memberships are the biggest part of their business.

Key Takeaways. Costco makes some of its profits from its merchandise, but the bulk of its profits come from membership dues. Only members can shop at Costco. The membership business model allows Costco to undersell the competition by offering products in bulk at lower prices to ensure customer loyalty.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:wtb: memberships are the biggest part of their business.

Key Takeaways. Costco makes some of its profits from its merchandise, but the bulk of its profits come from membership dues. Only members can shop at Costco. The membership business model allows Costco to undersell the competition by offering products in bulk at lower prices to ensure customer loyalty.

• The earnings report showed Costco beat expectations on same-store sales and EPS, but missed expectations on total revenue growth.
  • Analysis suggests that merchandise sales, not membership fees, make up at least half of Costco's profit.
  • I would go further, and argue that merchandise sales are in fact, contrary to the membership-focused consensus, the entirety of Costco's profit.
  • Memberships are better understood as defraying the fixed costs of operating stores. Profits then scale with merchandise sales, which are priced more competitively thanks to memberships.
  • Costco's growth seems strong but largely priced in at this level, so I am not opening a position and rank the stock a Hold.

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
I hope you have kids in your house cuz ima judge the shiit out of you.

Thats a whole lotta sugar mane.

You can still be skinny and earn diabetes.

Aside from AIAN folks (american indian/american native) Brothas have the shortest lifespans of all ethnic groups. Take care…

😭😭😭😭😭 I don't blame you

my pops is a type 2 trust me I be on my shyt

I got a bunch of kids

married to a nurse

and I hate going to the grocery store so i stock up crazy

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
My bad I didn't realize NYC = The entire US :dead: the fukk are you talking about? I don't own a car and I'm STILL not sitting down in a fast food joint enough to the drinks are buffet style. That has nothing to do with being "outside" or "basement dwelling"-- people just tend to use the drive thru much much more. It aint that deep :pachaha:
Just because YOU are not doing something doesn’t mean it's not being done. Like I said, a lot of on here posting be too cool for school or contrarians

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC (but PGH will forever be home)
Sodas have the greatest profit margins so this is weird. They can totally afford keeping soda machines. The cups cost more than the actual soda

Which is why it was weird that they ever gave it away (refills) to begin with. Even with the cost of the cup, they are still clearing +80% gross margins per soda.

They are banking on kids/teens plowing through those small sodas/juices, and making their parents cough up an additional $2 (that is basically all profit).