Mavs .5 game out of playoffs, chose to tank to maybe keep a fringe top 10 pick

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I don't care what anybody says, that made the NBA look bad.

When was the last time a team tried to tank to avoid the play-offs, in any sport?

Play-offs are the time to do something special and these clowns didn't want to go for it.

Ain't that a fine and a lost pick? Man, if the league enforces that, this whole season was for absolutely nothing. :mjlol:

Let's see if they enforce it though :mjpls:

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Idk about that bruh. This was egregious. I can’t prove it of course but I legit think Theo Pinson was out there point shavin :unimpressed:

Anybody who’s up on him knows he’s super aware and an extra company man type ngga. That ngga ‘sold’, literally. Giving up and 1’s, and that bullshyt ass 3 pointer he took. Not just taking it but the form too. It’s uncharted territory, when have you ever even had to wonder if a player purposely missed a shot. This was bad

I'm still trying to figure out how old some of y'all are that you seem to think this is the first time an NBA team (or NFL) has decided to not try to win a game.

This shyt happens literally every year at the end of NBA and NFL seasons. I've already posted links. Hell, just two years ago the Clippers purposely lost the 3-seed so they would dodge potentially playing the Lakers:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Some shameful shyt by the Mavs, I’m surprised Luka was down to roll with that shyt
WIth hookah, beer, b*tches, and BBQ on deck.. F*ck a play in :gucci:

Plus Silver might have told Cuban that they'll be top 3 in the draft if they bend the knee and tank. The league isn't going to let Dallas and Luka fall off

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
WIth hookah, beer, b*tches, and BBQ on deck.. F*ck a play in :gucci:

Plus Silver might have told Cuban that they'll be top 3 in the draft if they bend the knee and tank. The league isn't going to let Dallas and Luka fall off
You think Silver would tell Cuban any lottery secrets with his big mouth? They just wanted the pick and to embarrass themselves getting it.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
What are you gonna do when Luka doncic and Victor webenyama are fukking the entire league up in 2025
in a spurs uniform

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
all to get the chance to draft some fringe player who won't amount to anything
It'd more trade bait than an actual player that will contribute.

I'm more confused as to why people are acting like this is the first time that a team has blatantly tanked like the Rocket's didn't openly admit it himself a few months ago.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
It'd more trade bait than an actual player that will contribute.

I'm more confused as to why people are acting like this is the first time that a team has blatantly tanked like the Rocket's didn't openly admit it himself a few months ago.

tanking with teh playoffs still an option?

okc still have a game against memphis they might lose even against memphis bench which is strong

mavs had the bulls and spurs could have easily finished 40-42 and the thunder 39-43

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
shyt is disgusting

BTW the Odd Couple is one of the best sports radio shows. Chris Broussard rant around 5min had me rolling. Rob Parker facd during Broussard rant was hilarious

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
tanking with teh playoffs still an option?

okc still have a game against memphis they might lose even against memphis bench which is strong

mavs had the bulls and spurs could have easily finished 40-42 and the thunder 39-43
Tanking is still tanking regardless of when it's done.

The only reason this one is getting the attention is because it's Luka and the Mavericks were dumb enough to play him the first quarter instead of sitting him out altogether.