'Masters of the Universe: Revelation/Revolution' | Netflix | 80's He-Man sequel | New Season Jan 25th 2024

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Yeah, they hated it for other reasons tho... their problem wasn't the creative direction of it or the story, their problem was that their little kids were actually crying and traumatized because they didn't expect to go to a movie and see their hero killed.

These 2021 adults ain't got no excuse for their crying, ,unless He-Man's "death" done re-triggered their 1986 Transformer memories :pachaha:
To be fair, it is a slight bamboozle. The shyt is really Teela and her adventures. Out of the 5 times heman on screen he dies in two of them :russ: the rest is Teela dealing with her “trauma”. folks thought they was gonna see he-man smash shyt but it’s Teela and her sidekick and Triclopsteen.

After what they did with korra and voltron I try to keep it pushing when it comes to the agenda shyt and just watch shyt or not watch it. :manny:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Teela was always dope though, to me. She was my third favorite character - behind He-Man & Sy-Klone..even though he was because of the toy. Man-at-Arms was next, as far as the heroes go. She's always was a dope fighter, and had sass with her. Matter of fact, find me someone from then that hated Teela or the Sorceress..or Evil-Lyn?

My problem is that not only did the pull the switcheroo on the plot, they also made her extra unlikable, and then sidelined Duncan. AND to add extra insult, she's still mad/whining about him keeping the He-Man secret months later, and he still backs out of telling her Sorceress is her mother...before being sidelined again.

I don't hate it. But it's okay, not great. There are a few elements way better than the OG series...which was never that good to begin with. And there are things that make it much worse than '02 series.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Prolly in the second part. they barely showed my dudes with the big ass fists smashing shyt up.

I wanna see the blue whirlwind dude. that toy was dope :russ:
:mjcry:That was my first He-Man toy, wit the little hologram circle shyt on his chest. Btw those fukking He Man action figures sucked. They were Dollar store action figures with better plastic:russ:

Last edited:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Teela was always dope though, to me. She was my third favorite character - behind He-Man & Sy-Klone..even though he was because of the toy. Man-at-Arms was next, as far as the heroes go. She's always was a dope fighter, and had sass with her. Matter of fact, find me someone from then that hated Teela or the Sorceress..or Evil-Lyn?

My problem is that not only did the pull the switcheroo on the plot, they also made her extra unlikable, and then sidelined Duncan. AND to add extra insult, she's still mad/whining about him keeping the He-Man secret months later, and he still backs out of telling her Sorceress is her mother...before being sidelined again.

I don't hate it. But it's okay, not great. There are a few elements way better than the OG series...which was never that good to begin with. And there are things that make it much worse than '02 series.
I gotta check the 02 series out.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous

she not mad he-man dead, she mad adam aint tell her he was he-man. :russ:

she's like invincible's wak ass GF

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Truth... most of what I've gathered from the internet whining is that alot of the complainers basically watched it expecting to be 7 years old again and see episodes where the storyline is resolved in 22 minutes and on to the next... but because this is an ongoing storyline, where He-Man isn't the center of every ep, they're acting like "we've been duped!" Even tho the whole thing so far is actually revolving around He-Man's "death" and attempting to bring him back... which surely the second half of the season is going to culminate in. I guess the biggest mistake Kevin Smith made is assuming these longtime MOTU fans would be old enough to get how storytelling works. They went straight into kid mode and crying because they want their He-Man/Skeletor war in every episode, with Beast Man and Trap Jaw getting thrown around over and over.

But think about the demographic. Most of the people who watch He-man are going to be over 30s, male and expecting nostalgia. That should be the market to cater too. The audience has matured enough to expect an ongoing story line, as that seems to be the norm for all streaming shows, but complaining about switching it to a different character isnt them being whiny its a general criticism. If you know everyone wants He-man whooping ass then why side linr him for the majority of the series? That older audience didnt come to see Teela.

Imagine if the reboot of the Boondocks had no Riley, Huey or Grandad and focused on the Dubois family. You get a new perspective, but no one really wants that and there will be just as much backlash.

There is valid criticism of the choices made in the show even if that aligns with some “anti-woke” content creators it shouldn't invalidate it.