'Masters of the Universe: Revelation/Revolution' | Netflix | 80's He-Man sequel | New Season Jan 25th 2024

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Counterpoint. people are mad because they've seen part 1 of a 2 part season and they're doing what they normally do which is jump so many guns. The show can still be all about He Man while its first half focuses on Teela. The problem with the internet and people in vernal these days is they're so quick to have "takes" and get upset about shyt, no one wants to relax and let the whole picture play out.

If the series finishes its first season and it turns out Kevin is a liar liar pants on fire, then say so. as of now though, with only a handful of episodes in the public, it makes fans look reactionary and a little immature.
Lets be reality bros. You can pretty much predict where a 10 episode show is going base on the groundwork laid out. You really believe after establishing Teela as the main protagonist through the 1st 5 episodes with story elements about her past still to be explored. All the sudden the next 5 is going to throw all that out the window and focus on He-Man :beli:

I know you a writer so you have a better understanding on story elements and plot points than I ever would. But you telling me that focusing the next 5 episodes on He-man and make him the main character would make for a cohesive story.

People are mad because of the bait switch. You can't advertize a show with He-man all in the promos, promising the fandom he would get top billing then pretty much use him as a plot device to advance another character :francis:
Im not a He-man fan so I couldnt give 2 shyts. But as someone who got burned by Netflix with the Yasuke shyt I understand their frustration :francis:

Last edited:

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:myman:We on the exact same page. Old shyt was a 30 minute commercial:yeshrug: And now they back tryna sell more... But they fukked up... Maybe. I'm definitely watching the next one though. My wife liked this one too, much better than she liked Shera. We both 80's babies and she wasn't feeling the direction they went with Shera, whether it was regarding the art style or the agenda elements, she was disappointed in it all.

But there were others characters they could have included in the show from the original to round it out. If you have Moss Man, Ram Man, Zodiak, Stratos, Fisto, etc as part of the crew with Tela trying to save the Universe that would have been good. He man dies and all of his friends disappear :stopitslime:

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Counterpoint. people are mad because they've seen part 1 of a 2 part season and they're doing what they normally do which is jump so many guns. The show can still be all about He Man while its first half focuses on Teela. The problem with the internet and people in vernal these days is they're so quick to have "takes" and get upset about shyt, no one wants to relax and let the whole picture play out.

If the series finishes its first season and it turns out Kevin is a liar liar pants on fire, then say so. as of now though, with only a handful of episodes in the public, it makes fans look reactionary and a little immature.

Truth... most of what I've gathered from the internet whining is that alot of the complainers basically watched it expecting to be 7 years old again and see episodes where the storyline is resolved in 22 minutes and on to the next... but because this is an ongoing storyline, where He-Man isn't the center of every ep, they're acting like "we've been duped!" Even tho the whole thing so far is actually revolving around He-Man's "death" and attempting to bring him back... which surely the second half of the season is going to culminate in. I guess the biggest mistake Kevin Smith made is assuming these longtime MOTU fans would be old enough to get how storytelling works. They went straight into kid mode and crying because they want their He-Man/Skeletor war in every episode, with Beast Man and Trap Jaw getting thrown around over and over.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Im trying to understand why a “He-man” cartoon has nothing but females in it? Am i bugging?

There's literally like 5 women in the whole thing so far... Teela, Evil Lyn, Sorceress, Andra, and the Queen... all of whom except one were in the original...

There's also (so far) He Man, Skeletor, Orko, Man At Arms, Battle Cat/Cringer, Roboto, Tri Klops, Beast Man, Mer Man, Scare Glow, Moss Man, Stinkor...

"nothing but females" tho... :mjlol:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Truth... most of what I've gathered from the internet whining is that alot of the complainers basically watched it expecting to be 7 years old again and see episodes where the storyline is resolved in 22 minutes and on to the next... but because this is an ongoing storyline, where He-Man isn't the center of every ep, they're acting like "we've been duped!" Even tho the whole thing so far is actually revolving around He-Man's "death" and attempting to bring him back... which surely the second half of the season is going to culminate in. I guess the biggest mistake Kevin Smith made is assuming these longtime MOTU fans would be old enough to get how storytelling works. They went straight into kid mode and crying because they want their He-Man/Skeletor war in every episode, with Beast Man and Trap Jaw getting thrown around over and over.

I think the second half is gonna be flames...:wow:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
In an effort to be progressive, nikkas in here are purposely being obtuse.:beli:

Are there aspect of the fandom whining based on alt right maga bigotry? Yes

Does that negate the fact that the fandom was promised a He-man show but instead got delivered Teela journey to self discovery :skip:.

No :stopitslime:

What happened was the equivalent of doing a She Ra show and focusing on Arrow as the main protagonist.:usure:

Last edited:

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Prolly in the second part. they barely showed my dudes with the big ass fists smashing shyt up.

I wanna see the blue whirlwind dude. that toy was dope :russ:

Haaaa... yeah, he's on the poster I believe, so I think he's gonna show up at some point. SY-KLONE!

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
In an effort to be progressive, nikkas in here are purposely being obtuse.:beli:

Does that negate the fact that the fandom was promised a He-man show but instead got delivered Teela journey to self discovery :skip:.

What happened was the equivalent of doing a She Ra show and focusing on Arrow as the main protagonist.:usure:

Man, y'all woulda hated the original Transformers movie...

Cause all them nikkas from the cartoon were dead in 20 minutes... y'all woulda been grown adults sheddin' just as many tears as the kids were :mjlol: Ain't nobody go to the movies to see Hot Rod and Ultra Magnus, but it was still dope.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I was thinking the same thing. Obviously this discussion got co opted by the comicsgate/Quartering/clownfish crowd, but the arguments in here are disingenuous AF.

People wanted and expected a He-Man show, and it had very little He-Man in it. :stopitslime:

It's not that hard of a concept to understand. And dudes in here are straight up lying if they think the show is suddenly gonna pivot to being He-Man focused in the second half, knowing damn well that would cause a bunch of other problems with the story structure. :comeon:

If you liked the show, I'm not trying to tell you you're wrong for it. But it should be pretty clear why people are upset beyond some right wing 'anti-woke' shyt.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous

Cause all them nikkas from the cartoon were dead in 20 minutes... y'all woulda been grown adults sheddin' just as many tears as the kids were :mjlol: Ain't nobody go to the movies to see Hot Rod and Ultra Magnus, but it was still dope.
:russ: Mad people did hate that shyt. Hasbro or Mattel or whoever was in charge of that show/toys, got mad letters from the parents of little kids. Which is why they brought back optimus twice :dead:

Last edited:

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps

:whoa: Hot Rod was that nikka, breh.

• Dap
Reactions: DLo

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:russ: Mad people did hate that shyt. Hasbro or Mattel or whoever was in charge of that show/toys, got mad letters from the parents of little kids. Which is why they brought back optimus twice :dead:

Yeah, they hated it for other reasons tho... their problem wasn't the creative direction of it or the story, their problem was that their little kids were actually crying and traumatized because they didn't expect to go to a movie and see their hero killed.

These 2021 adults ain't got no excuse for their crying, ,unless He-Man's "death" done re-triggered their 1986 Transformer memories :pachaha: