'Masters of the Universe: Revelation/Revolution' | Netflix | 80's He-Man sequel | New Season Jan 25th 2024

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
But if they’re going the Transformers route with chunks of episodes, then it’s not a lie. What is he supposed to say? That the first 5 episodes happen after a tragic incident, and Teela takes center stage? So you don’t have to watch the first 5, but tune in for the rest when they come out? The fandom is a cancer. All of them. Always has.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
It ain't even no real agenda shyt going on. White boys just be acting all butthurt if they superman story don't go the way they want, meaning the character don't look like them (white male). This didn't really have any hint of the agenda they keep bytching about besides having a strong female protagonist. Check Shera on Netflix if you really wanna see what that really looks like:yeshrug:. I grew up with the original He-Man and this one didn't do it any disservice.

Y'all that didn't see the original keep talking about a back story or lack thereof... Welcome to the club. You got about as much as we got growing up. The backstory is, Matel wanted to sell toys. More specifically they wanted to capitalize on the barbarian craze of the early 80's, just like the Ninja craze of the late 80's/early 90's and the Power Rangers knockoff phase of the mid/late 90's. Conan was hot, Beast Master, Red Sonya, the Sword and the Sorcerer, etc. They were originally licensed to make Conan Toys, but backed out that then rolled out all of the He-Man shyt shortly after, including the cartoon. They would debut a new character practically every week to coincide with the corresponding toy. It's good guys with their good guy pals and bad guy with his goofy henchman. No in depth story beyond that, at least solely going by the cartoon from my childhood. I remember rolling up my knee high tube socks with the color stripes at the top to try and mimic he man's boots. He was THE guy, along with Optimus in the early 80's.

Viewpoint questioned...

Am I the only one that felt sort of weird when Adam was going to call on the power of Grayskull?

Like it didnt feel earned to me and it shouldve been Teela.

...and viewpoint confirmed in the very same thread, on the very same damn page. :pachaha:

Seriously, I know it's business, they neglected an entire gender for decades trying to pitch toys to (mostly)boys only and want to make up for lost time. This is just the most lazy way of going about it, did they just toss some interns into the writers' room or what? You had all the creative freedom to give some fleshed out depth to purely nostalgia characters and this is what you do with it?

This?

C'mon now.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
This was alright, i'm starting to realize a lot of mfs just dont like to see a woman doing nothing without thinking about an agenda. If a female led "cartoon" threatens anyone's masculinity....theres a deeper issue that needs to be examined

If you just turn your agenda based area of the brain off and enjoy it as a continuation of an 80s cartoon that was nothing but an advertisement for some toys.

Which could have been looked as a consumerism/capitalist agenda if mfs were to dig that deeply into back then. :patrice:

That being said i'm all in cause i'm :flabbynsick: and actually grew up watching the OG in real time......And i can't wait for part 2 :manny:

It ain't even no real agenda shyt going on. White boys just be acting all butthurt if they superman story don't go the way they want, meaning the character don't look like them (white male). This didn't really have any hint of the agenda they keep bytching about besides having a strong female protagonist. Check Shera on Netflix if you really wanna see what that really looks like:yeshrug:. I grew up with the original He-Man and this one didn't do it any disservice.

Y'all that didn't see the original keep talking about a back story or lack thereof... Welcome to the club. You got about as much as we got growing up. The backstory is, Matel wanted to sell toys. More specifically they wanted to capitalize on the barbarian craze of the early 80's, just like the Ninja craze of the late 80's/early 90's and the Power Rangers knockoff phase of the mid/late 90's. Conan was hot, Beast Master, Red Sonya, the Sword and the Sorcerer, etc. They were originally licensed to make Conan Toys, but backed out that then rolled out all of the He-Man shyt shortly after, including the cartoon. They would debut a new character practically every week to coincide with the corresponding toy. It's good guys with their good guy pals and bad guy with his goofy henchman. No in depth story beyond that, at least solely going by the cartoon from my childhood. I remember rolling up my knee high tube socks with the color stripes at the top to try and mimic he man's boots. He was THE guy, along with Optimus in the early 80's.
:myman:We on the exact same page. Old shyt was a 30 minute commercial:yeshrug: And now they back tryna sell more... But they fukked up... Maybe. I'm definitely watching the next one though. My wife liked this one too, much better than she liked Shera. We both 80's babies and she wasn't feeling the direction they went with Shera, whether it was regarding the art style or the agenda elements, she was disappointed in it all.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Viewpoint questioned...

...and viewpoint confirmed in the very same thread, on the very same damn page. :pachaha:

Seriously, I know it's business, they neglected an entire gender for decades trying to pitch toys to (mostly)boys only and want to make up for lost time. This is just the most lazy way of going about it, did they just toss some interns into the writers' room or what? You had all the creative freedom to give some fleshed out depth to purely nostalgia characters and this is what you do with it?

This?

C'mon now.
What gender did they ignore.. She-ra was a female version of He-man. Her netflix show dropped before this and was praised.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Damn.
Now that i think about it.
A fighting game with the Masters of the Universe villains against the MegaMan villains would be kinda crills.

:ohhh:

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
I find this ok not too great. The pacing felt a little rushed at times and Teela’s motivation for being angry the whole time is stupid imo.

As for the backlash, i fully understand it. If I was a fan of a show that hasnt been around for decades and got baited like that I would be angry too. Its like rebooting Naruto and having it only about Sakura the whole time. They shouldve just been honest with the plot and the direction they were taking it. Kevin Smith does deserve some blame