Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The one thing off the bat that's weird to me is you can't use the default Ryder as a base to customize a character. If you pick the default no changes at all.
I should've stuck with the default Ryder. My character looks like blasian trash. And I heard the animations look even worse on custom appearances.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Platform: Playstation 4
:patrice:I'm noticing a trend here.
I'll have to defer to Senior Sony Customer Service Representative @Fatboi1 for an official statement on this one. :CoffeeDaigo:
Hi sir, we'd like you to refer to our review thread Bingo chart for further examination.

7kPEPQ1.jpg

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I should've stuck with the default Ryder. My character looks like blasian trash. And I heard the animations look even worse on custom appearances.
I just wanted to use the default one and make him black. That way his animations look as good as possible. Whatever i just used the default white one.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
It's not just mainstream reviews it's common gamers that played the EA early access. People ran on YouTube, Twitch, and Twitter posting all these disappointing impressions.

The game was in development for 5 years and was kept under wraps until 3 months from release. When they first showed the game 3 months ago this stuff was pointed out and employees from Bioware said they'd fix it and here we are launching and not fixed. I doubt the weird dead eye stares can be fixed and some of the weird animations and facial expressions don't seem to be glitches just a product of whatever mocap they did or didn't use on characters.

You wanna see good mocap look at Uncharted 4. Built into the game. They can't patch that in.
Impressions from a 10 hour trial of an +80 plus hour game are worthless.

I personally can live with some funky animations if the gameplay and story are on point. I'm only a couple of hours in, so it's too early to tell but it feels like a return to ME1. Not gears of war light like ME2 and 3 were. I will judge the game based on my own experience with it, not some random reviewers knocking it for some petty shyt I would personally never notice

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Not gonna lie. This is kinda hard to look at after Horizon...

But Horizon may be the greatest looking game I've played this gen so I can't be too mad about it :patrice:

As far as this game goes, I'm still early but it doesn't look any worse than the original trilogy. I wasn't expecting a lot from animations. The writing has always been campy. I don't know. So far, it just feels like a Mass Effect game to me. Maybe these reviews lowered my expectations just enough for me to enjoy it. Either way, I like what I'm seeing so far.
I'm expecting to have the same reaction when I start the game

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Not gonna lie. This is kinda hard to look at after Horizon...

But Horizon may be the greatest looking game I've played this gen so I can't be too mad about it :patrice:

As far as this game goes, I'm still early but it doesn't look any worse than the original trilogy. I wasn't expecting a lot from animations. The writing has always been campy. I don't know. So far, it just feels like a Mass Effect game to me. Maybe these reviews lowered my expectations just enough for me to enjoy it. Either way, I like what I'm seeing so far.
The problem is all the humans that aren't main characters look like they were made with the same custom character creator we were given and that means they look pretty generic. The main characters look good like real people.

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
That hasn't been my experience so far. My custom Sarah's anims do look bad, like a lot of time she looks like she just stepped in some hot steamy dog shyt, but in no way is she as bad as the default Sarah Sometimes my custom Sarah looks downright pretty making expressions compared the default one.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Playing the epilogue now.
Not bad so far.
Graphics are cool.
I kept the default Ryder cause I heard CC was a pain anyways lol
Facial animations seem a little weird but nothing that will stop me from enjoying this.

VelourSocks

Absentee Mind But The Wisdom Reach Mine
Daps
Reppin
Yoshi City
One problem with this game is that it starts out with no damn instructions at alll. Just throws you into the thick of it and makes you figure it out. Game looks like late PS3 game too.oh and like that other guy said my guy looks like a Chinese guy with a bad sun tan.

Can't believe I paid retail for this since I was feening for something new to play. Should of just waited to get a switch and Zelda. :snoop:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You can't be an a$$hole in this game? There's no a$$hole responses so far :stopitslime:
From what I heard they dropped the renegade and paragon systems and replaced them with nothing. the choices in dialog they give you are mostly superficial and don't change much. That's just from the reviews so take it for what it's worth.
Playing the epilogue now.
Not bad so far.
Graphics are cool.
I kept the default Ryder cause I heard CC was a pain anyways lol
Facial animations seem a little weird but nothing that will stop me from enjoying this.
The animations are terrible but it'd not stopping my enjoyment of the game. I just became the pathfinder so I'm assuming the plot is gonna come to a halt now.