Mase talks about the time Big L tried to get him robbed "It Is What It Is"

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Couple things about this situation that aren't true.

People Uptown never f*cked with Mase like that because he's not really from Harlem. So this fairy tale that L would have to "set him up" is just ridiculous and I'm not sure why dude is even saying this because nobody Uptown would ever vouch for or believe that about L.

Second, L was always on the same block Uptown. Literally always there. So Mase never had the kinda respect where anyone would have to not be around anymore because they had issues with Mase. L's crew (NFL) was like 40 deep regularly. These were our OG's and my cousin's crew. But L was always a mad chill dude, super laidback and for the most part stayed out of nonsense. So Mase might have some problems if he tries to go back Uptown because he just lying for clicks again. Dude is wildin'.

The book "Ethylene" by Lou Black details a lot of what was going on with Big L's crew.

I think the attempted robbery on Mase may have been mentioned but they didn't say his name. I don't see Mase as a completely honest person though, he would never tell parts of the story that make him look bad.

This is being glossed over in this thread. I aint saying Big L wasnt foul. But to fully believe Cam,Mase or Jim Jones about anything:mjlol:? Based on how theyve manuevered through the rap game and what people have said about them after they became rich and famous. Im supposed to believe they couldnt have all been grimey,sneaky in a more harmful way before they had money:heh:?

You can probably say the truth is in the middle. Saying "the convo went super left" leaves a major blank.

Mase>>>Big L though

Fab>>>both:wow:

CrossBones

Louder than words
Daps
Reppin
Vice City
Oh great another segment where the deceased can't defend themselves
Hold up, everyone. This right here, exactly. Everybody out here listening to Mase and taking him for his word while L can't say nothing. You're listening with half your ears. This the same "Murder Pastor" who tried to take your money on Sunday church and lie in your face, calling himself a killer on G Unit records in the same breath at the same time. The same Mase that had problems with EVERYBODY he ever did business or ran across with.

Mr "Officer I didn't know who that tranny in my car was I was just giving him a ride" Mase. The same Mase that UGK and Atlanta told y'all was suspect. The same Mase who started beefs with the Jay, got smacked by Ghost, had to move out his OWN hood because his stupid ass beefed with a drug kingpin, hid in his hotel room from bloods, feuded with Puffy, called out by 50 who tried to bring him back, revealed by Jimmy to not be street, and even had issues with his childhood friend Cam. Yes ya boy Cam who told that you he went to visit Mase and Diddy at their apartment once and saw a sink full of dildos. That wasn't for the women smh

When it comes to Big L y'all acting like he was trying to kill everything that moves. Like why was he trying to move on some guy who tried to kill his brother? Are y'all serious? You know the rules, if somebody trying to get you you get them first. You think L was selfish and just trying to extort little Mase? He was biting him? Man that whole "beef with a kid named Randolph now he laid out in a church with his hands crossed" was the type of shyt Big L said on Devil's Son, way before Cam or Mase touched a mic. Would L get mad at a fraud who rubbed (pause ) everybody the wrong way? Probably. Mase was someone he put on, but later blew up and left him behind not even a feature. Mase was SUPER arrogant and no one in the streets liked him like that.. But was L selfish? The same L who used to take the fast rapping "biggidy iggitty" ass Jay Z to freestyle to get some light? How was L selfish? He made a group fur Cam and em. Prove L was jealous and biting, or else it's just another ducktale from Mase. He once said he wrote shyt for Big and everybody ignored him. I don't believe him or Cam on street shyt really. they're talented but they're mostly entertainers.

This same video was probably taken down because it was on some bullshyt and it caught someone's ear in Harlem, same place he and Cam ran from back when they had beef. I don't believe Mase he needs to have more people vouch for him than Cam.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
So in real time the Lox were already moving and shaking by time X gained notoriety. Remember X buzz started in 1997, but it was mostly in the underground/mixtape circuit, he still wasn't like a thing until 1998. By then The Lox was already signed to Bad Boy, and was all over the No Way Out album. Also remember X was trying to get signed with them to Bad Boy at the exact same time Diddy said no because he sounded too rough, but signed the Lox. That alone could've been an issue because X was considered the prize pick from the Ruff Ryders and to get upstaged by your understudies could fukk with your ego.
Yup and what made it worse is he didn't only take The Lox he took Mase too.

Jigganaut

Sick of you nigg@s
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hampton VA Pull up
This was actually a very interesting story Mase told. I never watched any of the podcast they do together and was never a fan of either of their music, but I can see the appeal they have as hosts being entertaining.

The detail, humor, color commentary by Cam, the unexpected cameos in the story (RIP Party Arty. Didn't know Cam knew him or that he was a fan of P80).

And yeah, this story and their relationships together definitely sound VERY Queensbridgeish, lol.
Word I'm a battle rap fan so when they mentioned Party Arty I pointed at the screen like that Leonardo Dicaprio meme.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
L's homeboys for years confirmed that L had set up the guy that killed him. L's fans had made him out to be some innocent bystander. This is information his FRIENDS put out of him being that type of person. You don't set up your friends. shyt, you don't set up anyone, but definitely not your boys.
Cats keep/been saying this, but what was the reason? One of yall new York cats chime in/drop some understanding..

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
This is why the Tunnel was bananas. Whether you were from Brooklyn or uptown, if you had issues with somebody around your way, there was a stroooooooooong chance you might see them on Sunday at the Tunnel. So shyt was always popping off there.

I miss the fukkery! :russ:

I saw a MC from a Brooklyn crew get spun like a top by my man and had him run behind a parked car because his people jumped my boy at the Tunnel the week prior. We laughed so hard! :heh: Dude ain't even participate with the folks who jumped my boy....but those were his people so he took the brunt of the payback.

The memories.

Also.....no one hates New York niqqas more than New York niqqas. :heh:

I'm sure thats the case for any place dealing with their own city.

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Couple things about this situation that aren't true.

People Uptown never f*cked with Mase like that because he's not really from Harlem. So this fairy tale that L would have to "set him up" is just ridiculous and I'm not sure why dude is even saying this because nobody Uptown would ever vouch for or believe that about L.

Second, L was always on the same block Uptown. Literally always there. So Mase never had the kinda respect where anyone would have to not be around anymore because they had issues with Mase. L's crew (NFL) was like 40 deep regularly. These were our OG's and my cousin's crew. But L was always a mad chill dude, super laidback and for the most part stayed out of nonsense. So Mase might have some problems if he tries to go back Uptown because he just lying for clicks again. Dude is wildin'.
I can't agree with this. Basketball playing niqqas had a certain lane in the city back then that made them "known" by everyone