Mase talks about the time Big L tried to get him robbed "It Is What It Is"

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Damn imma be honest the only people who ever told me Big L was the best rapper ever were white boys who ended up ODing off dog, but dude was pretty nice. I always thought he got killed off a case of mistaken identity for his brother though.
He sounded like a upgraded version of big Daddy Kane.
In all honesty, it's white dudes on the internet who sort of made him more than what he was at the time, at least to his stature in the NY hip hop scene.

There's a podcast many in here know I used to be on about 13 years ago talking sports where the one white dude in the crew made it seem like is was sacrilegious in saying what I said above regarding Big L

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He sounded like a upgraded version of big Daddy Kane.
In all honesty, it's white dudes on the internet who sort of made him more than what he was at the time, at least to his stature in the NY hip hop scene.

Like 20 years ago they had that big L harlems finest message board and there was this poster whod have all this big L shyt hed post and almost be like a mod
Long story short one day he posts a video that he went to harlem and took a pic by the mural, it turned out to be some 12 year old lookin white kid and he was with his mom and dad

:mjlol:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Like 20 years ago they had that big L harlems finest message board and there was this poster whod have all this big L shyt hed post and almost be like a mod
Long story short one day he posts a video that he went to harlem and took a pic by the mural, it turned out to be some 12 year old lookin white kid and he was with his mom and dad

:mjlol:
:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Cats keep/been saying this, but what was the reason? One of yall new York cats chime in/drop some understanding..

None of that is true, at all. Those people just like to speak on things they read online.

The dude that killed L was someone that everyone knew from the block, who used to always be out there with L's brother. He was a lifetime crook that nobody liked and who was in and out of jail his whole life. Dude was arrested a few times on murder charges back in the day, but kept getting off. He had beef with L's brother later, and was going around robbing dudes he knew from around the way. When he couldn't catch up with L's brother, he saw L out there and shot him. He already had cases on him at the time, but they couldn't prove he killed L, so he got out again way sooner than he should have.

But people knew that if he ever went back around the way and someone saw him, he would get got. He tried to go back around the way to where he used to live, got spotted and someone killed him right on 39th. L was loved and respected on 39th. There was no way dude was going to be able to show his face and people not make that move on him.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Hold up, everyone. This right here, exactly. Everybody out here listening to Mase and taking him for his word while L can't say nothing. You're listening with half your ears. This the same "Murder Pastor" who tried to take your money on Sunday church and lie in your face, calling himself a killer on G Unit records in the same breath at the same time. The same Mase that had problems with EVERYBODY he ever did business or ran across with.

Mr "Officer I didn't know who that tranny in my car was I was just giving him a ride" Mase. The same Mase that UGK and Atlanta told y'all was suspect. The same Mase who started beefs with the Jay, got smacked by Ghost, had to move out his OWN hood because his stupid ass beefed with a drug kingpin, hid in his hotel room from bloods, feuded with Puffy, called out by 50 who tried to bring him back, revealed by Jimmy to not be street, and even had issues with his childhood friend Cam. Yes ya boy Cam who told that you he went to visit Mase and Diddy at their apartment once and saw a sink full of dildos. That wasn't for the women smh

When it comes to Big L y'all acting like he was trying to kill everything that moves. Like why was he trying to move on some guy who tried to kill his brother? Are y'all serious? You know the rules, if somebody trying to get you you get them first. You think L was selfish and just trying to extort little Mase? He was biting him? Man that whole "beef with a kid named Randolph now he laid out in a church with his hands crossed" was the type of shyt Big L said on Devil's Son, way before Cam or Mase touched a mic. Would L get mad at a fraud who rubbed (pause ) everybody the wrong way? Probably. Mase was someone he put on, but later blew up and left him behind not even a feature. Mase was SUPER arrogant and no one in the streets liked him like that.. But was L selfish? The same L who used to take the fast rapping "biggidy iggitty" ass Jay Z to freestyle to get some light? How was L selfish? He made a group fur Cam and em. Prove L was jealous and biting, or else it's just another ducktale from Mase. He once said he wrote shyt for Big and everybody ignored him. I don't believe him or Cam on street shyt really. they're talented but they're mostly entertainers.

This same video was probably taken down because it was on some bullshyt and it caught someone's ear in Harlem, same place he and Cam ran from back when they had beef. I don't believe Mase he needs to have more people vouch for him than Cam.
The dude who killed L never tried to kill his brother.

His brother went to jail, he use to run the block and have dudes paying him. Dude said he wasn’t paying him. So his big bro setup a plan to get his guys to kill the guy. He said he you’d big L to stay out of it and let him handle it.

He went along when told not to, dude survived and caught him like a week later unloaded on his face.

Him and the guy was friends.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Cats keep/been saying this, but what was the reason? One of yall new York cats chime in/drop some understanding..
The dude who killed L never tried to kill his brother.

His brother went to jail, he use to run the block and have dudes paying him. Dude said he wasn’t paying him. So his big bro setup a plan to get his guys to kill the guy. He said he you’d big L to stay out of it and let him handle it.

He went along when told not to, dude survived and caught him like a week later unloaded on his face.

Him and the guy was friends.

morris

Superstar
Daps
You could always tell they didn't fukk with L like that.
nah. Mase blew up and forgot people.

I'm more shocked there's video of that robbery. Remember, when L passed, Cam was the only pne speaking on it in interviews. I do not recall any interviews with Mase, who had his own issues with other Harlem dudes.

Finnesse says L stayed loyal and offered him money whe he started to get big in the rap game, Same iwth Fat Joe and OC, etc. (even Lost Boyz whoa re from Queens)

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
None of that is true, at all. Those people just like to speak on things they read online.

The dude that killed L was someone that everyone knew from the block, who used to always be out there with L's brother. He was a lifetime crook that nobody liked and who was in and out of jail his whole life. Dude was arrested a few times on murder charges back in the day, but kept getting off. He had beef with L's brother later, and was going around robbing dudes he knew from around the way. When he couldn't catch up with L's brother, he saw L out there and shot him. He already had cases on him at the time, but they couldn't prove he killed L, so he got out again way sooner than he should have.

But people knew that if he ever went back around the way and someone saw him, he would get got. He tried to go back around the way to where he used to live, got spotted and someone killed him right on 39th. L was loved and respected on 39th. There was no way dude was going to be able to show his face and people not make that move on him.
This is not true. Big L brother explained why he got killed. After the guy got killed, cam put out a freestyle about why he got killed also. L tried to set dude up and dude got out of it, and saw L like a week later and killed Jin.

And from understanding dude did go any where,. He was a Known shooter and was still around there all the time. He got killed like 20 years later on some unrelated shyt.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Planet Ill: L wasn’t really known for being a trouble maker or a rabble-rouser in the streets. How did he get caught up in that kind of situation?

Donald Phinazee: That’s a good question. I said it in the documentary, but I’ll say it now. Something went down out here with a dude and my middle brother, Big Lee. Lee went upstate for five years. He got caught with his gun on him. He just happened to be going home, matter of fact. Cops just stopped him for a second and caught him with the gun, that’s how he got knocked.

It was a little problem, like I said, divide and conquer between all of us and Lee went upstate, then I went upstate and then he (Lee) sent word to do something, he sent word to somebody else to do something and Lamont went with him. Which Lamont shouldn’t have went with him. It didn’t go down the way it was supposed to went down, and they seen Lamont face.

So both of us is gone and he was out here by himself and you can’t get one brother so you get the other one, and that’s on the real for real.

This is big L oldest brother

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
This is not true. Big L brother explained why he got killed. After the guy got killed, cam put out a freestyle about why he got killed also. L tried to set dude up and dude got out of it, and saw L like a week later and killed Jin.

And from understanding dude did go any where,. He was a Known shooter and was still around there all the time. He got killed like 20 years later on some unrelated shyt.

Bro, L didn't try to set anyone up.

His brother was beefing with dude and had someone else deal with L's killer prior. L was cool with that dude and he was seen with him, so because he couldn't catch up with L's brother, he ran up on L. Everyone on the block knows what happened. This is not what we read online. It's what we know because these are all people we knew growing up.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Planet Ill: L wasn’t really known for being a trouble maker or a rabble-rouser in the streets. How did he get caught up in that kind of situation?

Donald Phinazee: That’s a good question. I said it in the documentary, but I’ll say it now. Something went down out here with a dude and my middle brother, Big Lee. Lee went upstate for five years. He got caught with his gun on him. He just happened to be going home, matter of fact. Cops just stopped him for a second and caught him with the gun, that’s how he got knocked.

It was a little problem, like I said, divide and conquer between all of us and Lee went upstate, then I went upstate and then he (Lee) sent word to do something, he sent word to somebody else to do something and Lamont went with him. Which Lamont shouldn’t have went with him. It didn’t go down the way it was supposed to went down, and they seen Lamont face.

So both of us is gone and he was out here by himself and you can’t get one brother so you get the other one, and that’s on the real for real.

This is big L oldest brother
Bro, L didn't try to set anyone up.

His brother was beefing with dude and had someone else deal with L's killer prior. L was cool with that dude and he was seen with him, so because he couldn't catch up with L's brother, he ran up on L. Everyone on the block knows what happened. This is not what we read online. It's we know because these are all people we knew growing up.
Literally L older brother telling how and why he got killed. I’m sure you know more than him. Have a nice day

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Literally L older brother telling how and why he got killed. I’m sure you know more than him. Have a nice day

Lee ain't never say L tried to set anyone up.

Y'all internet dudes always sensationalizing sh*t. He said exactly what I said. L was around the wrong people who HE had run up on dude. Not that L was trying to set dudes up. L wasn't even supposed to be there. That's why Lee was so mad when he heard about what happened. That wasn't L's plan, it was HIS and L got caught up in it.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Lee ain't never say L tried to set anyone up.

Y'all internet dudes always sensationalizing sh*t. He said exactly what I said. L was around the wrong people who HE had run up on dude. Not that L was trying to set dudes up. L wasn't even supposed to be there. That's why Lee was so mad when he heard about what happened. That wasn't L's plan, it was HIS and L got caught up in it.
L went with the guys who was sent to kill woodley, he knew what the fukk they was doing. He wasn’t suppose to go, it was his choice, dude survived the hit. And saw L face, and caught up wit him later.

You trying to pretend L was innocent, he was along with the kill squad, they ain’t finish the job.

He was spotted and killed.

Big Lee and little Lee both died on the same block.