Mase talks about the time Big L tried to get him robbed "It Is What It Is"

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
L went with the guys who was sent to kill woodley, he knew what the fukk they was doing. He wasn’t suppose to go, it was his choice, dude survived the hit. And saw L face, and caught up wit him later.

You trying to pretend L was innocent, he was along with the kill squad, they ain’t finish the job.

He was spotted and killed.

Big Lee and little Lee both died on the same block.

I'm not trying to "pretend" anything.

I'm saying what we all know happened. The reason why Lee was so hurt by what happened to L and what he said later, was because he told L to stay away form all this. Both brothers always spoke about how that wasn't in L's nature to get involved in that kinda sh*t. So it's not about anyone trying to make him seem innocent. It's just about how he wasn't supposed to even be around that at all.

But people speaking like this was something that he initiated and was planned is false. He was somewhere where he shouldn't have been. And that wasn't the right choice to make.

CrossBones

Louder than words
Daps
Reppin
Vice City
The dude who killed L never tried to kill his brother.

His brother went to jail, he use to run the block and have dudes paying him. Dude said he wasn’t paying him. So his big bro setup a plan to get his guys to kill the guy. He said he you’d big L to stay out of it and let him handle it.

He went along when told not to, dude survived and caught him like a week later unloaded on his face.

Him and the guy was friends.
Props, thanks for letting me know. I think I even heard something like that years ago and forgot that detail. To be fair though even that might not be the whole story, but it does say a lot. For all we know he borrowed, owed and violated L's bro. Seems like he worked for him either way since he was paying him. If one of your workers stops paying you and still pumping on your block what do you think happens next? He's planning to take what's yours and you look weak if you let him. It really sounds like dude was asking for drama and Big L was caught up in it. It ain't right but if L did nothing in that
situation his bro and him would look weak, I can see why it happened how it did

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always read that he got hit in retaliation for some shyt his brother did or he was mistaken for his brother.

Never knew Big L himself was on that grimy tip but it makes sense given that Cam, for at least the last 5-6 years has been hinting that he ain’t really fukk with L like that and that the neighborhood they came from was such that nikkas would help your grandmother carry groceries to her door and then go and try and have you lined up 15 minutes later.

I mean the nikka made an album called Lifestyles Ov The Poor AND DANGEROUS.

Foul but, realistic :francis:

Nikkas that was up in my parent's house eating and laughing put a gun to my brother's head because they wanted to rob him. Only reason why my brother didn't die then and there is because my mom came outside. It can get foul af up here.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah. Mase blew up and forgot people.

I'm more shocked there's video of that robbery. Remember, when L passed, Cam was the only pne speaking on it in interviews. I do not recall any interviews with Mase, who had his own issues with other Harlem dudes.

Finnesse says L stayed loyal and offered him money whe he started to get big in the rap game, Same iwth Fat Joe and OC, etc. (even Lost Boyz whoa re from Queens)

Who did he forget?

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
nah. Mase blew up and forgot people.

I'm more shocked there's video of that robbery. Remember, when L passed, Cam was the only pne speaking on it in interviews. I do not recall any interviews with Mase, who had his own issues with other Harlem dudes.

Finnesse says L stayed loyal and offered him money whe he started to get big in the rap game, Same iwth Fat Joe and OC, etc. (even Lost Boyz whoa re from Queens)

As successful as Mase was, he was never respected Uptown or heralded as much as L was, or even Killa.

People Uptown never really considered Mase to be from Harlem because he was from Florida to everyone. Which is why you never heard him mention which block he's from. Not once. Because he's not really from Uptown. So I still feel that with L, even though Mase sold mad records and had that run with Puff, he was always jealous of L. They got bus tours of people who are coming from all over the world to take pics and pose in front of the mural. L's legacy is on some other sh*t now, with just one official album that he recorded. People don’t speak about Mase the way they do L. I think that's why Mase always throws shots at him and tells weird and goofy stories about him. He's hurt.

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The more you hear about L the more you realize his stint on Rocafella woulda been a complete disaster.

L, Jay and Dame all tryna outscheme each other on the low. :russ:

Then imagine after a few years Dipset go over there and regardless of whether or not L status would have been elevated or turned out Oschino level...it woulda been real problems.

vino

Superstar
Daps
Some people in this thread act like this is a new revelation and pretend like Mase and them lying. This story has been told for a long time man about Big L. I literally just quoted a verse from Mase first album about the Rollie. I’m in Michigan and knew a lot of the stories in high school, just like most hip hop heads did.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

Here’s video of the aftermath of the robbery

For people who ain't peep the OP, this the same video @RAW_SPK posted earlier, this is literally a video of the guy getting arrested after robbing Mase. Wild this is on tape. 2:55 Mark of the video

He said also that Mase went straight to the police car after he got robbed and told them what happened. So he's capping about not giving a statement.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
The more you hear about L the more you realize his stint on Rocafella woulda been a complete disaster.

L, Jay and Dame all tryna outscheme each other on the low. :russ:

Then imagine after a few years Dipset go over there and regardless of whether or not L status would have been elevated or turned out Oschino level...it woulda been real problems.
This reminded me of Beanie song "I can feel it in the air" got a feeling that would have been a wild pairing

J-MIL

Fly Sh!t Only
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, The 100's
For people who ain't peep the OP, this the same video @RAW_SPK posted earlier, this is literally a video of the guy getting arrested after robbing Mase. Wild this is on tape. 2:55 Mark of the video

He said also that Mase went straight to the police car after he got robbed and told them what happened. So he's capping about not giving a statement.

Not surprised Mase snitched lol he was never like that in the streets