Mase talks about the time Big L tried to get him robbed "It Is What It Is"

vino

Superstar
Daps
For people who ain't peep the OP, this the same video @RAW_SPK posted earlier, this is literally a video of the guy getting arrested after robbing Mase. Wild this is on tape. 2:55 Mark of the video

He said also that Mase went straight to the police car after he got robbed and told them what happened. So he's capping about not giving a statement.

I don’t blame him, I need that Rollie back. I’m telling on that muthafukka for my Rollie. But, I mean the police clearly know he was being robbed and their were witnesses there

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I done seen that shyt play out too many times in real life. A lot of so called gangstas are p*ssy by themselves or without a gun. I've had it happen to me where I stepped to somebody and they backed down when by themselves. Then I see them with their crew and all of a sudden all the rah rah talk starts up. Luckily I always had a lot of connections so didn't get jumped.

The funniest to me was in high school. We was playing ball in gym class and one of the cats was a football player and played like one. Funny enough a NY nikka who was pretty new to town. The dude he fouled was a white blood. We hit the locker room and the white dude was bytching about getting fouled hard and the NY nikka straight punked. Got in the white boys face telling him shut the fukk up or he'll beat his ass right there. White dude was silent and just put his head down and walked away. Then another gym class ended and some more of his boys came in there and then the white dude starts talking shyt "fukk you punk ass bytch I'll kill you". Later shows up at dude's bus stop with 5 people to jump the NY cat. Word had it the NY nikka held his own with all five of them and walked away basically unharmed.

facts

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Couple things about this situation that aren't true.

People Uptown never f*cked with Mase like that because he's not really from Harlem. So this fairy tale that L would have to "set him up" is just ridiculous and I'm not sure why dude is even saying this because nobody Uptown would ever vouch for or believe that about L.

Second, L was always on the same block Uptown. Literally always there. So Mase never had the kinda respect where anyone would have to not be around anymore because they had issues with Mase. L's crew (NFL) was like 40 deep regularly. These were our OG's and my cousin's crew. But L was always a mad chill dude, super laidback and for the most part stayed out of nonsense. So Mase might have some problems if he tries to go back Uptown because he just lying for clicks again. Dude is wildin'.
So NYC let a nikka start a group named Harlem World and rep Harlem but nobody said a peep? :hmm::jbhmm:

I fukked with Harlem World btw.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
For people who ain't peep the OP, this the same video @RAW_SPK posted earlier, this is literally a video of the guy getting arrested after robbing Mase. Wild this is on tape. 2:55 Mark of the video

He said also that Mase went straight to the police car after he got robbed and told them what happened. So he's capping about not giving a statement.
By making a statement could he mean he wasn't gone go officially on the record. They uploaded a longer version of the story. Mase said he went to talk to the cops about getting his watch back.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
By making a statement could he mean he wasn't gone go officially on the record. They uploaded a longer version of the story. Mase said he went to talk to the cops about getting his watch back.

Yeah this was the original video. He was trying to get around making the statement shyt by using semantics. Lol.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cam'ron has mentioned something similar before regarding Big L scheming

Grew up with Big L, and the dude who supposedly killed him
A week before that, though, Big L tried to kill him
What was he to do?

Didn't DMX send a small sub to the Lox on Trina Moe?

I ain't even gon' speak, one million the first week
Aight, let's ask the streets: How many sold?
What? Three nikkas, three months to go gold?
C'mon, ese, keep it real, homes
You fukkin' with the dog, you already know

And Jadakiss threw small shots back on My Lifestyle (remix)

Listen to me; I'm the cat that'll sit in a tree
And shoot the dog in the head while he shyttin and pee
that was long after after they were both signed.
the point was, dmx never hated on them when they signed to bad boy and he was unsigned and struggling.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The fans of the rappers’ music consistently overstate their street bonafides by several measures. None of these nikkas was anybody on a street level. Cam and Mase were regular nikkas who hooped. Big L was a regular nikka who had a street crew and a street brother. They were involved in grimy shyt here and there because back then it was inevitable in most of Harlem.

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
i just want to know why mase is wearing a cowboy hat and a balenciaga jacket...don't he know balenciaga has that weird bondage panda bear scandal a while back? and they be copying old hip hop fashion posing as a money laundering front for human trafficking for decades?

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah. Mase blew up and forgot people.

I'm more shocked there's video of that robbery. Remember, when L passed, Cam was the only pne speaking on it in interviews. I do not recall any interviews with Mase, who had his own issues with other Harlem dudes.

Finnesse says L stayed loyal and offered him money whe he started to get big in the rap game, Same iwth Fat Joe and OC, etc. (even Lost Boyz whoa re from Queens)

I was gonna scroll by, but I have to ask this narrative of Mase forgot people when he's directly responsible for Cam getting signed as well as his people to form Harlem World. Mase was very active in trying to put Harlem people on. So, let's move the falsehood of he forgot people.

Mase's issues were based on people's jealousy once he blew which he addressed on Same nikkas. Mase left the game completely and abruptly due to all the drama in the streets and with the label.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As successful as Mase was, he was never respected Uptown or heralded as much as L was, or even Killa.

People Uptown never really considered Mase to be from Harlem because he was from Florida to everyone. Which is why you never heard him mention which block he's from. Not once. Because he's not really from Uptown. So I still feel that with L, even though Mase sold mad records and had that run with Puff, he was always jealous of L. They got bus tours of people who are coming from all over the world to take pics and pose in front of the mural. L's legacy is on some other sh*t now, with just one official album that he recorded. People don’t speak about Mase the way they do L. I think that's why Mase always throws shots at him and tells weird and goofy stories about him. He's hurt.

That's revisionist too. Neither Big L and Cam'ron was herald as they were when Mase was on. It was when Mase LEFT RAP and BIG L getting murdered where the name Big L blew and when Cam moved to Roc-A-Fella. Even Cam said in the story that Mase had Harlem on lock at the time. And it's part of the reason why Big L was jealous of Mase because Big L was the FIRST to get signed to a major out of Harlem, but he didn't blow and got dropped from the label, only for someone that used to roll with him blew up and get all the Harlem glory.

Don't undermine that Mase was that dude from 1996-99. Harlem blew because of Mase during that period.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You need to relisten to what Cam (who was the one who BROUGHT UP THE PART THAT MASE DIDN'T GIVE A STATEMENT) and Mase said.

Mase said he went to the station to get his ROLLIE BACK. What the Camerman saw was Mase going to the police and assuming something. But it was CAM'RON who noted that while there, they wanted to Mase to give a statement and Mase refused. So what's the cap?