Mase admits Jay Z dissed him on Imaginary Players

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Nah. On I Love The Dough, which Jay killed for sure, he talking about $1,500 seats at the Tyson fight while BIG talking about buying homes in unfamiliar places and seeing $5 mil off the single.

Jay's mogul swag was lifted directly from 1997 Bad Boy, there a reason he tried to make a Bad Boy album with Vol. 1

His whole 1997-2003 persona came after LAD and No Way Out

debut single, timestapped, these bars alone

Cristal
GS 500
Breitling

He goes on to mention SL500s, Rolex Presidentials, and 7 series

don't act like jay-z was rapping like Mobb Deep and suddenly started flossing like Diddy

you can say that about some rappers :sas2:but not Jay-z :sas1:

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
Jay was talking about the fiscal year and tax write offs on his debut

i didn’t know what that shyt meant until I was like 25
I mean using basic financial terms don't make wealth seem unattainable

Jay was making videos driving $40,000 Lexus through the hood during the era when Bad Boy was making multimillion dollar videos with mansions, yachts, and private jets to the middle east. Ain't no way Jay was the first rapper to portray next level wealth

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

Jay was making videos driving $40,000 Lexus through the hood during the era when Bad Boy was making multimillion dollar videos with mansions, yachts, and private jets to the middle east. Ain't no way Jay was the first rapper to portray next level wealth
I think you're conflating Jay-Z talking like a mogul in 97 into 98 with him literally leveling up financially and business wise. That era jay-z was showing his actual wealth and what he owned...he really owned them SLs and Lexus and 7 series if anything anyone around them says is accurate, and he put the bentley on Hard Knock Life because he probably just bought it legit. I think he was just showing where he was at that time rather than trying to shark bad boy.

EDIT - Sunshine was DEFINITELY a bad boy bite video though lol

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO

Wtf do video prices have to do with anything lol

I gross the most at the end of the fiscal year than these nikkas can wish to

when puff was spilling moe in the tub I was at my video cris on the speedboat
in my lifetime my niqqqa do your research

“back then every body had gold chains til Jay came wit plat and changed the game”

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps

debut single, timestapped, these bars alone

Cristal
GS 500
Breitling

He goes on to mention SL500s, Rolex Presidentials, and 7 series

don't act like jay-z was rapping like Mobb Deep and suddenly started flossing like Diddy

you can say that about some rappers :sas2:but not Jay-z :sas1:

A 500 Benz is next level wealth? shyt don't even got a V12 :childplease::mjlol:

BIG was talking about his Range Rover, Lexus and Moet in 1994 so how you gonna claim Jay was on that shyt first? Raekwon was talking Ranges and Cristal on Cuban Linx in 95. AZ was talking Cristal, Versace, Armani, and 850 BMWs on Doe or Die in 95. You really gonna make believe Jay was the first rapper on this shyt?

Jcotton1

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Saw an old skool mtv Hov album dynasty run. He came back from the Midwest hopped off the PJ and into private helicopter and said in classic so matter fact Hov Lyor told him "the helicopter another way to travel ". Inside I :banderas::blessed::gladbron:. Talked about Audemar Piguet with the alligator strap early .

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A 500 Benz is next level wealth? shyt don't even got a V12 :childplease::mjlol:

BIG was talking about his Range Rover, Lexus and Moet in 1994 so how you gonna claim Jay was on that shyt first? Raekwon was talking Ranges and Cristal on Cuban Linx in 95. AZ was talking Cristal, Versace, Armani, and 850 BMWs on Doe or Die in 95. You really gonna make believe Jay was the first rapper on this shyt?
Even puff out his own mouth said jay did that shyt first Lol

by the time u heard jay was already doing it

even prodigy acknowledges this

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
Wtf do video prices have to do with anything lol

I gross the most at the end of the fiscal year than these nikkas can wish to

when puff was spilling moe in the tub I was at my video cris on the speedboat
in my lifetime my niqqqa do your research

“back then every body had gold chains til Jay came wit plat and changed the game”

LMAO. You said Jay was the first rapper to represent a level of wealth that seemed unattainable because he used a term from Business 101

Jay was still on some hood rich hustler shyt both lyrically and image wise when Bad Boy was reflecting some mega rich mogul shyt both in rhymes and presentation, that's just a fact

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LMAO. You said Jay was the first rapper to represent a level of wealth that seemed unattainable because he used a term from Business 101

Jay was still on some hood rich hustler shyt both lyrically and image wise when Bad Boy was reflecting some mega rich mogul shyt both in rhymes and presentation, that's just a fact
Please bust down these albums prior to 96 where u felt that rapper was super paid

give me some lines or something

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
Please bust down these albums prior to 96 where u felt that rapper was super paid

give me some lines or something

Show me the Jay lines from Reasonable Doubt where you felt he was talking money shyt that was above and beyond. And I ain't talking about terms every 18 year old who took a introductory college business course in the past 40 years learned :mjlol:

Because that's what we talking about. By Vol. 1 he was riding the Bad Boy wave where they already portrayed that

JerseyFinest!

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Trenton, New Jerz
he let it be known the city was his. I don’t think he saw them as in his way

All his actions said different

If anything that line is him waving the war Flag

Hov was determined to be #1 and he was going to cover all bases

He made a whole album that sounded like a bad boy album in Vol 1 because that was the winning formula at the time

But made sure to add a “where I’m from” because Mobb Deep wave was real big at the time and he needed that also.

When P mentioned Hov throwing a sub on there, at 1st I didn’t put any stock in there. But putting everything in perspective, he definitely did.

Anybody that had a Wave at the time he dissed

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Show me the Jay lines from Reasonable Doubt where you felt he was talking money shyt that was above and beyond. And I ain't talking about terms every 18 year old who took a introductory college business course in the past 40 years learned :mjlol:

Because that's what we talking about. By Vol. 1 he was riding the Bad Boy wave where they already portrayed that
Rappers going broke trying to keep up with me