Mase admits Jay Z dissed him on Imaginary Players

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps

RD Era and pre RD Jay-z was poppin Cristal, ridin in helicopters and yachts, wearin suits, smokin cigars, wearin platinum, and filmin in the hamptons among other exotic places. It didnt come after big died...big was in some of these videos. Jigga been on that jiggy shyt. Lets quit trying to change documented history.

Again, never said he was not talking money or jiggy shyt prior to Bad Boy in 1997. Said he was talking it on the same level as BIG, Raekwon, AZ and others during that 1994-1996 era

Bad Boy took it to a different level in 1997. That's just a fact. Jay drinking champagne on a 20 foot boat in a low budget video for a song no one heard don't change that

Last edited:

Jcotton1

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Dog. it makes me look crazy always correcting dudes. But dudes be saying flagrant shyt that I can’t look pass.

prodigy was mad jay z wore a football jersey lol

ny dudes different

Jay and Prodigy had some background issues that's culture. You can't talk rap and not give Hov his due.

Brehs from the city are different different. Killing over Cartiers back in the day.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Jay-Z even sent a "shot" at Mase (and LL) on the Tim Westwood Freestyle during the promotion for Volume 3

"She wanna hear Mase, I put her front the store in front of Sam Goody
I hop out, I throw on my hoodie, I don't hate
Chick carried work for me from state to state
It's the least I could, bought her LL too haha"
the jay from then and the one now are completely different rappers it’s wild.

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
Again, never said he was not talking money or jiggy shyt prior to Bad Boy in 1997. Said he was talking it on the same level as BIG, Raekwon, AZ and others during that 1994-1996 era

Bad Boy took it to a different level in 1997. That's just a fact. Jay drinking champagne on a 20 foot boat in a low budget video for a song no one heard don't change that
your goalpost moving. You said Jay wasnt doing Yachts and Hamptons until Big and Puff was...i just posted proof that he was doing it in 95 and 96. Show what Big and Puff were doing that was on "another level" above yachts and hamptons before then.

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
your goalpost moving. You said Jay wasnt doing Yachts and Hamptons until Big and Puff was...i just posted proof that he was doing it in 95 and 96. Show what Big and Puff were doing that was on "another level" above yachts and hamptons before then.
No goalposts was moved. Yall disregarding the context of my original post

Which is the shyt Jay was spitting in that era was the same fly hustler, Lex with TV sets tip that BIG, Rae, AZ, G Rap was on in the same timeframe. I ain't even mention Nas because I don't wanna derail the thread even more :mjlol:But Hov ain't the first rapper to talk about Benzes and Rolexes and champagne.

You really gonna deny Bad Boy upped the ante in 1997? Come on man. That Feelin' It video dropped after the Hypnotize video. Jay on that little sailboat compared to BIG on a 60 foot yacht and an action movie style car chase driving backwards. Lol. There's no decent argument you can make that Jay was the first rapper on the fly hustler shyt, or the mega rich tyc00n shyt, period

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
nikkas hating on harlem world

like MASE didnt single handedly carry bad boy after one of the best rappers of all time was murdered

whole album is classic and I dont even fukk with Puff ... I'm a PAC stan

volume 1 wasnt talked about like that and jay didnt blow up till 2

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
No goalposts was moved. Yall disregarding the context of my original post

Which is the shyt Jay was spitting in that era was the same fly hustler, Lex with TV sets tip that BIG, Rae, AZ, G Rap was on in the same timeframe. I ain't even mention Nas because I don't wanna derail the thread even more :mjlol:But Hov ain't the first rapper to talk about Benzes and Rolexes and champagne.

You really gonna deny Bad Boy upped the ante in 1997? Come on man. That Feelin' It video dropped after the Hypnotize video. Jay on that little sailboat compared to BIG on a 60 foot yacht and an action movie style car chase driving backwards. Lol. There's no decent argument you can make that Jay was the first rapper on the fly hustler shyt, or the mega rich tyc00n shyt, period
your movin the post again. It was never an arguement about jay being the first rapper to be on the fly hustler shyt. You said Jay aint do none of that fly shyt till big and puff took it to another level. They upped the ante HOW!? Hypnotize had speedboats (not yachts) and helicopters. Jay had those in the In My Lifetime and Dead Presidents videos. Jay had bentleys and raris in the Aint No nikka video. Jay had the bike shooters in the Cant knock the hustle video. Wearing suits and popping cris when Puff was spillin Moe. Wearin platinum when puff and big were wearing gold. Where are these Biggie videos with the Mega Yachts and hypercars? Where were the Private Jets? Where is the locations that big a puff were at that are flyer than Miami and St Thomas? Expensive ass videos aint next level. EVERYONE with a major label budget was getting those including Jay. You wanna talk about uppin the ante...go look at the California Love, Whoo Hah, Down Low, If I Ruled The World videos that Hype did way before Hypnotize came out. I lived thru this shyt...you can't change history with me son, i saw it with my own 2 eyes. Just say the fisheye lenses and shiney suits impressed you and keep it moving.

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lmao at jays only trendsetting MAYBE being talking about wealth. and you dudes acting like thats something

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
your movin the post again. It was never an arguement about jay being the first rapper to be on the fly hustler shyt. You said Jay aint do none of that fly shyt till big and puff took it to another level. They upped the ante HOW!? Hypnotize had speedboats (not yachts) and helicopters. Jay had those in the In My Lifetime and Dead Presidents videos. Jay had bentleys and raris in the Aint No nikka video. Jay had the bike shooters in the Cant knock the hustle video. Wearing suits and popping cris when Puff was spillin Moe. Wearin platinum when puff and big were wearing gold. Where are these Biggie videos with the Mega Yachts and hypercars? Where were the Private Jets? Where is the locations that big a puff were at that are flyer than Miami and St Thomas? Expensive ass videos aint next level. EVERYONE with a major label budget was getting those including Jay. You wanna talk about uppin the ante...go look at the California Love, Whoo Hah, Down Low, If I Ruled The World videos that Hype did way before Hypnotize came out. I lived thru this shyt...you can't change history with me son, i saw it with my own 2 eyes. Just say the fisheye lenses and shiney suits impressed you and keep it moving.

Nah. You putting words in my mouth again. This was the post I responded to.
prior to jay z wealth in rap sound obtainable. After jay z every rapper was rich and wanted to be a boss.

Thar's a fabrication, pure and simple. You can keep posting them Reasonable Doubt videos like they was groundbreaking as many times as you want. Nobody but the biggest Jay stans believe he an originator far as rapping about money like that. G Rap was talking the same shyt he was kicking on RD back in the 80s. BIG was talking the same shyt in 1994 that Jay was in 1996.

Like I said in early 97 Jay was still bragging about getting $1,500 seats to a Tyson fight on the same track where BIG was talking about buying homes in foreign countries and making $5 million off a single but yall wanna tell me Jigga invented the jet set rap:mjlol: he never took it to that level prior to Bad Boy doing it

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Nah. You putting words in my mouth again. This was the post I responded to.

Thar's a fabrication, pure and simple. You can keep posting them Reasonable Doubt videos like they was groundbreaking as many times as you want. Nobody but the biggest Jay stans believe he an originator far as rapping about money like that. G Rap was talking the same shyt he was kicking on RD back in the 80s. BIG was talking the same shyt in 1994 that Jay was in 1996.

Like I said in early 97 Jay was still bragging about getting $1,500 seats to a Tyson fight on the same track where BIG was talking about buying homes in foreign countries and making $5 million off a single but yall wanna tell me Jigga invented the jet set rap:mjlol: he never took it to that level prior to Bad Boy doing it
U do know LAD came out after RD?

Where was all that fly talk on Ready to Die?

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
U do know LAD came out after RD?

Where was all that fly talk on Ready to Die?

Thought you was a Biggie fan :mjtf:

"No need to be greedy I got mad friends with Benzes
C-notes by the layers, true fukkin players
Jump in the Rover and come over, tell your friends hop in the GS3"

"How you livin Biggie Smalls?
In mansion and Benzes
Givin ends to my friends and it feel stupendous
Tremendous cream, fukk a dollar and a dream"

"Money, hoes and clothes all a nikka knows"

"Livin better now, Coogi sweater now
Drop top BMs, I'm the man girlfriend"

And that's one track

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Thought you was a Biggie fan :mjtf:

"No need to be greedy I got mad friends with Benzes
C-notes by the layers, true fukkin players
Jump in the Rover and come over, tell your friends hop in the GS3"

"How you livin Biggie Smalls?
In mansion and Benzes
Givin ends to my friends and it feel stupendous
Tremendous cream, fukk a dollar and a dream"

"Money, hoes and clothes all a nikka knows"

"Livin better now, Coogi sweater now
Drop top BMs, I'm the man girlfriend"

And that's one track
I love biggie ain’t nobody thought he was paid like that. His music was aspirational. Jay z music was like he was living it. Big difference