Mase admits Jay Z dissed him on Imaginary Players

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
'All i hear is platinum this, platinum that, i don't hear no platinum hits, don't see no platinum plaques' - Mase.

'In my lifetime Vol 1' is a dogshyt album from a rapper trying to chase the hits, run with the sound of the time (whats new with Jay.)

'Imaginary Player' is top 3 tracks for Jay though, without question. No ifs, buts, nothing.

You can't be serious.

Yea Jay made 3-4 trash tracks on that album trying to chase a hit, but he also made 10 of some of the best tracks of his career on that album.

Vol. 2 is more of an example of an album filled with fluff.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
I don't think Vol. 1 is particularly good but its highs are better than ANYTHING Mase has ever made.

That's you're opinion and you're entitled to that, just like I'm entitled to mine.

i dont even think vol 1 is better than harlem world... but those 3 vol 1 songs DESTROY the 3 harlem world songs you dropped and its not even a debate :mjlol: ... hence why everybody is laughing at you in this thread

I understand why everybody is laughing at my opinion, again, it's cool to now act like Vol. 1 has better songs than Harlem World

But I remember the impact Harlem World had, that Vol 1 didn't.

so it's funny to me when cats act like now all of sudden Vol. 1 is some great album when it really wasn't in 97'.

Last edited:

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
You can't be serious.

Yea Jay made 3-4 trash tracks on that album trying to chase a hit, but he also made 10 of some of the best tracks of his career on that album.

Vol. 2 is more of an example of an album filled with fluff.
Vol1, Vol2, Vol3 all have standout tracks and filler garbage.

Vol1 has some of Jay's most cringeworthy musical moments, and that's saying a lot because there's been many over the years.

You're myyyyyyyyy sunshineee. :sadcam:

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
Hov always had the game plan to go after Mase and Nas.

It was between them 3 for Crown after BIG passed

Both had something Hov envied at the time. Mase the effortless charisma and hit making ability. Nas had the undisputed instant classic debut with the massive commercial success on the follow up, that was his idol who wouldn't give him the time of day, not even off animosity, literally just ain't care about him

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
prior to jay z wealth in rap sound obtainable. After jay z every rapper was rich and wanted to be a boss. Dudes even took his writing style

the impact jay had is as big as anyone in their era

Nah. On I Love The Dough, which Jay killed for sure, he talking about $1,500 seats at the Tyson fight while BIG talking about buying homes in unfamiliar places and seeing $5 mil off the single.

Jay's mogul swag was lifted directly from 1997 Bad Boy, there a reason he tried to make a Bad Boy album with Vol. 1

His whole 1997-2003 persona came after LAD and No Way Out

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Nah. On I Love The Dough, which Jay killed for sure, he talking about $1,500 seats at the Tyson fight while BIG talking about buying homes in unfamiliar places and seeing $5 mil off the single.

Jay's mogul swag was lifted directly from 1997 Bad Boy, there a reason he tried to make a Bad Boy album with Vol. 1

His whole 1997-2003 persona came after LAD and No Way Out
Jay was talking about the fiscal year and tax write offs on his debut

i didn’t know what that shyt meant until I was like 25

RD influenced the hell out of LAD

biggie went from corner boy raps to wanting to be a boss

Last edited: