Mase admits Jay Z dissed him on Imaginary Players

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
I love biggie ain’t nobody thought he was paid like that. His music was aspirational. Jay z music was like he was living it. Big difference

Lol. Definition of rewriting history.

So nobody thought Puff was rich either? Master P? Birdman? Dre? Snoop? Nas? Nobody believed any rapper was rich until Jay-Z?

Gimme a break. Everyone thought all the dudes they saw on TV consistently was rich back in the 90s

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO

So nobody thought Puff was rich either? Master P? Birdman? Dre? Snoop? Nas? Nobody believed any rapper was rich until Jay-Z?

Gimme a break. Everyone thought all the dudes they saw on TV consistently was rich back in the 90s
Once again I said shyt changed after RD. It’s a reason why Jay 2nd album had a million and one questions. I had subs to xxl & source. I read all that shyt back then it was a aura around Jay even back then. Even without the numbers behind him. One interviewer even asked have he ever killed someone. Biggie was never viewed in that type of light. Jay Z was like the first rapper ever that came in the game that sound like he didn’t need it. It already seem paid

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York

You could take it back further. Nobody ever talks about the 80s here.... People acting like rap didn't exist until 96 now lol

Daps

Why you going back & forth with that weirdo? He’d blow Jigga given the chance.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
No goalposts was moved. Yall disregarding the context of my original post

Which is the shyt Jay was spitting in that era was the same fly hustler, Lex with TV sets tip that BIG, Rae, AZ, G Rap was on in the same timeframe. I ain't even mention Nas because I don't wanna derail the thread even more :mjlol:But Hov ain't the first rapper to talk about Benzes and Rolexes and champagne.

You really gonna deny Bad Boy upped the ante in 1997? Come on man. That Feelin' It video dropped after the Hypnotize video. Jay on that little sailboat compared to BIG on a 60 foot yacht and an action movie style car chase driving backwards. Lol. There's no decent argument you can make that Jay was the first rapper on the fly hustler shyt, or the mega rich tyc00n shyt, period

Few Points Bruh

1. No Jay Is Not The First Rapper To Talk Wealth And Extravagance

2. This Discussion Is Just A Jay/Puff Thing I'm Talking About

3. The "In My Lifetime" Video Was 1994 Jay Was On A Boat In ANOTHER COUNTRY (Mind You, This Is A Time Where Going To Miami Was A Big Deal lol) Spending His Own Money Cause He Didnt Even Have A Gold Album, Hyponotized Was In 1997 On A Boat In FLORIDA Using Video Budget Money Backed By Major Label With A Guy (Puff) Who Has Years Of Hit Records

Jays Whole Point With The Line About Puff In The Hot Tub Was Him Literally Telling People What We're Arguing Now, "Listen, I Can't Be Influenced By Puff When I Was Doing It Big Before Puff"

Dude Was Popping Bottles Of Well Known Popular Brands Everyone Else Is Poppin' While I'm Putting You ON TO Luxury Brands You Don't Even Know About

I'm Not Even A Jay Stan But Give Credit Where It's Due

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
It has absolutely has. Some of the greatest jay Z songs of all time are on there

But 2 of the worst as well

The song with sauce money is the WOAT Jay z dong

Rap game/crack game sucks

Vol 1 is not a good album. It does have highlights tho

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The song with sauce money is the WOAT Jay z dong

Rap game/crack game sucks

Vol 1 is not a good album. It does have highlights tho
That’s not even the worst Jay z song on that album :dead:

Volume 1 is a good album with some horrible songs. He’s at his peak lyrically here